HHS Reviews | Glassdoor

HHS Reviews

Updated Oct 29, 2019

HHS CEO Brian Weed
Brian Weed
Pros
  • "Great training program to get you up to speed(in 8 reviews)

• "HHS Care Fund gives back to its team members in need and also donates and supports local communities(in 8 reviews)

1. "Very Pleased"

Current Employee - Director in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at HHS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Open lines of communication with senior level leadership. Company always has progression options for employees who want to work hard and promote. Company vison/mission/values are core to everything we do. Work/Family balance is much better than that of other employers. Senior leaders care about their employees and spend quality time with them during site visits. Changes company policies and benefits based on... employee feedback and thoughtful collaboration.

Cons

Insurance is not very good compared to other industries. 401k match is lower than previous employers.

Advice to Management

Keep growing in the direction your headed. The company has a well defined identity and made great strides over the past four years.

HHS2019-10-23
  2. "Floor tech"

I worked at HHS

Pros

I been with HHS for 5 years and I like that they respect my work and work ethic

Cons

I’m not bilingual Minority is Hispanic

Advice to Management

My manger is understanding and she helps improve them team

HHS2019-10-29
  3. "Good start to gain working experience in HHS"

Current Employee - DSOM Project Manager in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at HHS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast Track to learning Business Financial Systems

Cons

Huge government enterprise. Takes times to learn the complicated systems, processes, policies and how it all works as a cohesive whole.

Advice to Management

None

HHS2019-10-16

"Only OK"

Current Employee - Food Service Director

I have been working at HHS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits. Normal time off. Easy to be flexible in schedule, because lack of oversight.

Cons

1% annual raise despite extra certifications and employee of the month. Severe lack of training and support, even when explicitly requested. Several higher level leadership changes/turnover. Lack of care about employee well-being.

HHS2019-10-07
  5. "Exhausting mentally and physically"

I worked at HHS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some co-workers were great....some cared...

Cons

Treated like garbage like you are easily replaceable, no respect, never thanks for coming in on your day off or working overtime, no matter how hard you work it's never good enough, those who see problems in the department are labeled as having bad attitudes while those who hide and do do their jobs are allowed to do whatever they want as they can't afford to lose any more people, absolutely terrible department with... no morale or incentive to do any better, Redmond regional medical center deserves so much better. All the lead people quit and all the good workers left or are trying to do so, insurance is pathetic too so don't get hurt on the job

Advice to Management

Respect your frontline employees , treat them better and give them some incentive to improve, your open door policy is worthless, I could go on for days but it's simply not worth the effort and this company does not care

HHS2019-10-28

"Please read."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rome, GA

I worked at HHS full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's inside work. Which is nice because you're not out in the hot sun in the summer time or the freezing cold in the winter.

Cons

Everything, poor pay for the work having to be done short staff expect all employees to do the work of two or three people, poor Insurance that's not accepted in this area, will change your schedule without a notice. Underpaid, always understaffed, garbage insurance, concerns or questions are dismissed constantly.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat people how would you like it if someone talk to or treated your mother the way some of your employees get treated. Open Door Policy is a joke it doesn't do any good. You claim that you "pursue adequate staffing at all of our facilities and all of our hourly team member jobs are written as 40 hours per week or less. Our overtime across our company is less than 2% so the far majority of the time... our team members work their set hours based on their job description. If an account is understaffed or if there are other temporary issues at an account then more work is needed, but this is not for extended periods of time. Our insurance that we provide is competitive for the service industry". The problem with the insurance is IT'S NOT ACCEPTED IN THIS AREA, & if it was it only pays a $100.00 on an E.R. visit, it cost that much as soon as they take your blood pressure. So paying $324.00 a month to have my blood pressure taking one time is NOT COMPETITVE FOR THE SERVICE INDUSTRY. So the insurance is worthless. It's always short staffed, people are having to do discharge rooms plus an area that takes more time than the 5-6 hours you have left after doing 5-6 rooms that takes 30-45 minutes to do. When the supervisor of said area complains that it wasn't cleaned right instead of taking up for the employee you Wright them up. By the way 5 employees on the weekend is not always enough. Value your EVS techs more, morale is at it's lowest point at Redmond regional, the supervisor on 2nd shift was being paid the same as new hires while he had to do discharges, OR rooms, Cath Lab rooms, GI rooms and run the bed tracker and assign rooms and run the phone. This is due to the fact that every time you give rises you rise the starting pay. Some one that's been there 4 years SHOULD NOT be making the same thing, as someone that starts today. Appreciate everything your associates do for the business. The way management treats associates is exactly how the associates will treat the customers. Happy employees equal happy customers

HHS2019-10-25

"Verify everything that the recruiters promise you!"

Former Employee - Developer in Dripping Springs, TX

I worked at HHS full-time for less than a year

Pros

On-site gym. Good for for purchase.

Cons

Office moved, from an optimal downtown location, to the middle of nowhere. executives are valued more than the people who actually do the work (this is obvious from the employee handbook, that specifically stated how much more money the executives are worth). The internal recruiters make promises of perks that do not exist. The micro-managing is very bad.

Advice to Management

Make the recruiters tell prospective employees the truth. Start valuing the workers more than (or, at least as much as) the executive positions.

HHS2019-09-30

"Good pay, terrible work environment"

Former Employee - Cashier in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at HHS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Affordable insurance options, meal provided on your shift, pay was pretty good for the job.

Cons

Lots of work, management at my location was controlling, and lacked tact, one meal break a day and no other breaks besides, stressful,

Advice to Management

Learn how to talk to employees in a non combative less patronizing tone. Consider letting employees have short (5 or <) minute breaks between lunch breaks.

HHS2019-09-25

"Great Comapny"

Former Employee - Registered Dietitian

I worked at HHS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Loved working for HHS - overall great experience.

Cons

Sometimes work was stressful and you had a lot going on all at once, but with time management everything was doable.

HHS2019-08-13
  10. "Exprerience"

Former Employee - Director of Environmental Services in Athens, TX

I worked at HHS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Room for advancement and promotion

Cons

Long Hrs. Work/Life Balance Should be improved.

Advice to Management

Get Input from Staff when re-bidding contracts

HHS2019-08-06