HRsmart Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at HRsmart full-time

Pros

Flexible work scenarios - working from home. Deltek integration project has been near flawless - our family in VA listens and responds to our legitamate work needs to ensure we are in sync and providing an exceptional "product experience" for our clients.

Cons

Leftover "HRsmart-istic" tendencies. Departments show fractures and some signs of segregation / attitudes of eliteness. An lingering viewpoint (not Deltek)..that some EEs time is less valuable than others, thus their opinions do not receive the same level of attention or priority.

Advice to Management

No advice to Deltek leadership - they have a defined game plan. We just got done with the drafts, know our teams and positions- ready for preseason to start! It a winning year for the Deltek team and Deltek's new ATS is going to wow our clients!! IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT RATINGS BELOW--All ratings are post-Deltek acquisition:

"Don't trust five-stars reviews on this site"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Richardson, TX

I worked at HRsmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've submitted a harsh review a couple years back. It was one of many telling how terrible is to work for HRsmart. Their reputation plummeted (not just because of this) and they were able to hire entry-level employees only. Their first task on their first day was (explicitly) to register an account in Glassdoor and post a five-stars review.

Cons

With time, their reputation on this site went from terrible to average. I assume they're able to hire more than entry-level people now. Less than a handful people I know stays there. They tell me that new employees regret their decision the first week.

Advice to Management

Stop harassing your employees. Put someone competent to take technical decisions.

3. "Executive Management"

I worked at HRsmart full-time

Pros

Great entrepreneurial environment, lots of learning, family atmosphere, great growth potential

Cons

Lack of funding, too much work, less time to be pro-active

Advice to Management

Raise some money

4. "I've really enjoyed my time there."

Current Employee - Operations in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Operations in Dallas, TX

I have been working at HRsmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company culture, really encourages different departments to work together to help the product and our customers

Cons

Small company with big dreams and capabilities, but with the typically low budget draw backs.

5. "Awesome Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Great Office Dynamic. Lovely group of people to work with from all ages. There is a lot of responsibility given in every role, which is great experience. Friendly Environment.

Cons

Company growth which is exciting but also means adapting to new policies.

"Great Experience, Great Company, Great People!"

I have been working at HRsmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

HRsmart is a place to showcase your talents and ideas. I work with a great bunch of talented people. The diversity of all our departments and generations make it an on-going great experience to learn, teach, and grow. With being a global organization, myself and other employees get the opportunity to see some amazing places of the world, learn their market and culture. We have a great story to tell, product to showcase, and a great team that makes things happen!

Cons

As anyone can imagine a small growing company can keep you on your toes, therefore is very exciting, yet challenging at times. Although at times our innovation may get ahead of us, when we have a win, it is very rewarding.

Advice to Management

Share more!

"Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

I've only been at HRsmart for a few months but so far my experience has been great. I love the fact that I can take initiative and take responsibility for projects without having to go through a long approval process as my experience has been at other companies. My supervisor trusts my judgment and lets me run with an idea, but provides guidance when I need it.

Cons

The only con would be that because my department is small, the workload can be daunting at times.

8. "It is Good, but it Could be Much Better"

Former Employee - Lead Developer in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Lead Developer in Richardson, TX

I worked at HRsmart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The technology professionals HRsmart attracts are intelligent, thoughtful, and competent individuals. HRsmart is an excellent place to get solid experience. Since it's global, there is a great multicultural aspect to the job. One can work with people from several different countries throughout the course of a day. The individual people are great.

Cons

Personal growth is limited. One must take on an inordinate amount of responsibility for below-market pay. There is a history of a lot of office politicking above a certain level-too much for a company this small.

Advice to Management

Pay your talent better. Take annual reviews seriously. Don't wait until an employee receives an offer to pay them what they can demand on the open market.

9. "Amazing team environment working on an amazing product"

Former Employee - Management in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Management in Richardson, TX

I worked at HRsmart full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- The product is really the best in class for the market
    - The team members are all really team oriented and the work environment is friendly/casual
    - As a small but global company the opportunities for accomplishing life-goals is great
    - Great opportunities at every level to make meaningful contributions and see their results.

Cons

- Company still has figured out how to focus their vision adequately to apply the right force in the right places.
    - Very poor forecasting and money management from top level execs leads to a constant cycle of bear/bull attitude at all levels

Advice to Management

- Quit trying to become all things for all people.
    - Qualify your leads better.
    - Focus your energy both in sales and in development ONLY where it will bring the BEST ROI, not just any ROI.
    - Quit chasing the "big" deal that is never going to happen and focus on the many many medium sized deals you can actually close!
    - Be ultra conservative in your financial projections, no matter how excited you are for the possibilities.

10. "Positive and Noticeable Changes"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I have been working at HRsmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Access to leadership and executive level management. Open door culture with learning and development opportunities if you seek after them. Awesome team globally.

Cons

Multiple priorities and workloads can be challenging, however; work life and work culture is fulfilling nonetheless.

Advice to Management

Grateful for all of the hard work in searching for ways to grow the business to become more in line with compensation in the current market. There is an observable change and improvement in morale. We're a great organization and a work in progress, it's appreciated.