HRsmart Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
HRsmart CEO Mark Hamdan
Mark Hamdan

Cons

1. "I've really enjoyed my time there."

Current Employee - Operations in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Operations in Dallas, TX

I have been working at HRsmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company culture, really encourages different departments to work together to help the product and our customers

Cons

Small company with big dreams and capabilities, but with the typically low budget draw backs.

"Don't trust five-stars reviews on this site"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Richardson, TX

I worked at HRsmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've submitted a harsh review a couple years back. It was one of many telling how terrible is to work for HRsmart. Their reputation plummeted (not just because of this) and they were able to hire entry-level employees only. Their first task on their first day was (explicitly) to register an account in Glassdoor and post a five-stars review.

Cons

With time, their reputation on this site went from terrible to average. I assume they're able to hire more than entry-level people now. Less than a handful people I know stays there. They tell me that new employees regret their decision the first week.

Advice to Management

Stop harassing your employees. Put someone competent to take technical decisions.

3. "Awesome Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Great Office Dynamic. Lovely group of people to work with from all ages. There is a lot of responsibility given in every role, which is great experience. Friendly Environment.

Cons

Company growth which is exciting but also means adapting to new policies.

"Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

I've only been at HRsmart for a few months but so far my experience has been great. I love the fact that I can take initiative and take responsibility for projects without having to go through a long approval process as my experience has been at other companies. My supervisor trusts my judgment and lets me run with an idea, but provides guidance when I need it.

Cons

The only con would be that because my department is small, the workload can be daunting at times.

6. "It is Good, but it Could be Much Better"

Former Employee - Lead Developer in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Lead Developer in Richardson, TX

I worked at HRsmart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The technology professionals HRsmart attracts are intelligent, thoughtful, and competent individuals. HRsmart is an excellent place to get solid experience. Since it's global, there is a great multicultural aspect to the job. One can work with people from several different countries throughout the course of a day. The individual people are great.

Cons

Personal growth is limited. One must take on an inordinate amount of responsibility for below-market pay. There is a history of a lot of office politicking above a certain level-too much for a company this small.

Advice to Management

Pay your talent better. Take annual reviews seriously. Don't wait until an employee receives an offer to pay them what they can demand on the open market.

7. "Amazing team environment working on an amazing product"

Former Employee - Management in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Management in Richardson, TX

I worked at HRsmart full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- The product is really the best in class for the market
    - The team members are all really team oriented and the work environment is friendly/casual
    - As a small but global company the opportunities for accomplishing life-goals is great
    - Great opportunities at every level to make meaningful contributions and see their results.

Cons

- Company still has figured out how to focus their vision adequately to apply the right force in the right places.
    - Very poor forecasting and money management from top level execs leads to a constant cycle of bear/bull attitude at all levels

Advice to Management

- Quit trying to become all things for all people.
    - Qualify your leads better.
    - Focus your energy both in sales and in development ONLY where it will bring the BEST ROI, not just any ROI.
    - Quit chasing the "big" deal that is never going to happen and focus on the many many medium sized deals you can actually close!
    - Be ultra conservative in your financial projections, no matter how excited you are for the possibilities.

8. "Positive and Noticeable Changes"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I have been working at HRsmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Access to leadership and executive level management. Open door culture with learning and development opportunities if you seek after them. Awesome team globally.

Cons

Multiple priorities and workloads can be challenging, however; work life and work culture is fulfilling nonetheless.

Advice to Management

Grateful for all of the hard work in searching for ways to grow the business to become more in line with compensation in the current market. There is an observable change and improvement in morale. We're a great organization and a work in progress, it's appreciated.

9. "Fast Growing Software Company"

Current Employee - Sales in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Richardson, TX

I have been working at HRsmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Upward mobility. Fast Paced Work. Great Product to Sell and Market. Great for Self Starters. Flexible Schedules. New influx of young people. Exciting place currently due to rapid growth

Cons

The office space itself is a bit outdated. Employees generally keep to themselves. Rapid growth causes some growing pains.

Advice to Management

Continue with the current direction. Facilitate more bonding between the different departments. Continue to be open about the direction.

10. "Current employee who loves the company."

Current Employee - EVP Sales and Marketing in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - EVP Sales and Marketing in Richardson, TX

I have been working at HRsmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We're an established player in our market but still have that start-up mentality of getting things done. If there is a problem you can get to the right person to fix it. There is a definite culture to promote from within. We're fast paced but supporting and encourage vacations and fun things in and out of the office. Our theme for the year was "Catch the Magic". Most or all employees have equity.

Cons

Rapid growth comes with problems. Staffing often has to catch up with sales. There are several larger competitors in the market with more resources.

Advice to Management

Encourage more communication between departments. There are many untold great success stories.

"Looking Up"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I have been working at HRsmart full-time

Pros

The company has always been extremely flexible in accommodating outside (i.e. family) needs for its employees. HRsmart is also very big on promotion from within and enabling employees to seek other opportunities within the company. Employees are encouraged to be entrepreneurial in spirit and there is very much an open door policy.

Cons

Resource are tight and you must wear 'many many' hats. It can be frustrating trying to fulfill the client/product demands with the resources available. There is always a constant battle of re-prioritizing the greatest needs.

Advice to Management

Be sure to communicate current health and direction of the company with the employees.