KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.8
Harrods Managing Director Michael Ward
Michael Ward

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great Benefits and discounts(in 89 reviews)
  • "Great people and fun fast pace environment(in 85 reviews)
  • "Good pay including tips and service charge(in 65 reviews)
  • "Great colleagues and discount and easy to get to in London as close to tube station.(in 50 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Receptionist

Jun 30, 2022 - Receptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits Great environment Great discount and perks Over all you will meet different type of people

Cons

Can't think of any for now

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

May 28, 2022 - Marketing Operation Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company with great branding

Cons

Long process of the approving journey

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Apr 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good opportunities and team are very friendly.

Cons

Complex set ups for simple things.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic Company, Brilliant People, A chance to be part of positive change

Dec 10, 2021 - Human Resources Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Harrods is a fantastic place to work; I was with the business for 3.5 years and can say, with honesty, that it's the best company I have ever worked for. The chance to work with genuine world-class leaders in their field shouldn't be passed up. Harrods has a reputation for being snooty or arrogant. It isn't. Harrods is modern and fun; it's not always the most progressive organisation but the employer brand and values are authentic and well embedded. There are fledging employee networks (LGBTQ+, Racial Equality & Diversity, Mental Awareness & Wellbeing) that are starting to impact the business. Employee voice is becoming more and more important - it's a great time to join. Our HR Leaders, Abi and Sarah; REALLY care about their people and how they can make Harrods a better place to work. I found Harrods hungry for change and was lucky enough to see it come to fruition. What is great is that Harrods is still hungry and you can play a part in future change. I've had so many laughs and made real memories with colleagues from different teams; there is passion everywhere. So much skill to enjoy and learn from. If you're on the fence about joining, (and reading Glassdoor!), my advice would be to give it a go. You'll meet great people and learn a lot. The discount is pretty good as well; I just bought wine, teddy bears and cheese - never interested in fashion, you don't need to be either!

Cons

Of course, there are challenges, Harrods combines the old and the new, both with their positives and challenges; it's a hard balance but whatever you read, hear or see, things are moving in the right direction. Harrods is an incredibly diverse business but not always the most inclusive. That doesn't mean it is bad, it just means it's developing - the shift in the last 3 years has been huge and I imagine that it's going to continue to get better. It's a retail business, so you're not going to be seeing huge pay rises in the next few years and you'll see that (as with any business) there is some silo'd working between teams. Again, I'd challenge anyone looking at Harrods to see that by joining you're in a position to change that and be part of the solution.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Nov 20, 2021 - Technical Support Specialist in Creve Coeur, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Reasonable Pay, Great Benefits, Great Atmosphere and Culture

Cons

More assistance on complex issues

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Best time of my life

Aug 5, 2021 - Supervisor in Republic, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

So cosmopolitan,diverse and above all a cracking social life.Very friendly people and staff were well looked after. Cannot complain. The mid eighties to early nineties was a brilliant time to be in London.

Cons

Off the top of my head i cannot think of one con. I really had a great time and worked in various departments gaining a lot of experience for which i will always be grateful.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee

Feb 13, 2021 - Tax Free Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work and good learning experience

Cons

Late closing times during certain periods

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent place to work, I will only fond memories

Dec 12, 2020 - Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Talent, creativity, retail theatre, exceptional service throughout everything... a brand to be proud to work for

Cons

Processes, but as expected within a large organization

9. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

It’s not how it looks like

Oct 5, 2020 - Waiter in London, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a well-known company and the discount is good

Cons

Managers are way too much trusted

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Professional and Warm

Jul 17, 2019 - Replenishment Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues are friendly and supportive Quality career prospects Lots of training Freedom to move departments Discount is great Great environment to work in Brilliant Induction and hiring process Proud to work for the Brand

Cons

None that I have experienced

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,290 Reviews

Harrods Reviews FAQs

Harrods has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 1,482 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at Harrods to a friend and 56% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Harrods employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Harrods. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

67% of Harrods employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Harrods 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Harrods to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be work life balance, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Harrods Job Seekers