Harrods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harrods Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods.

Interview

There is an initial phone conversation and then you are called to attend the assessment centre. This will be a group interview of max. 15 people and will last approximately one hour.
    If successful after a telephone/video interview, you may be asked to meet with one of our recruiters. This will be a face-to-face interview lasting approximately 45 minutes.If successful after an assessment centre or resourcing interview, you will be invited to a line manager interview. This will be a face-to-face interview with a hiring manager lasting approximately 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How do you imagine your working day would be?   1 Answer

Transaction Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Online application, video interview, face to face.
    Such a joke, interviewers were late. I was interviewed in a loud, busy area so I could barely hear anyone and feedback was just ridiculous. Could've saved time by actually reading my CV properly

Interview Questions

Harrods Response

Aug 21, 2017 – Resourcing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We value your feedback and are disappointed that your interview experience did not live up to expectation.
    We want our line managers to ensure a... More

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Kensington, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Harrods (West Kensington, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Firstly we had a team building exercise. Then we had two role plays where we had to play the role of a Concierge locating a missing dress for a resident and showing how we would locate the missing dress and how we would console the customer,

The interview took fours hours

Interview Questions

• Give an example of exceptional customer service.   1 Answer

Assistant Managing Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammersmith, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods (Hammersmith, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online for this role after seeing it advertised. I received a call from an HR Specialist regarding an interview a week later. Great interview, thorough in their search for talent yet inviting in the interview. About 2 weeks later was invited back for a second interview. The day after the second interview I was offered the role within the team.

Interview Questions

• Describe in more detail what you did in your previous position?
      Do you feel that you have any skill gaps in your CV in relation to the role?   Answer Question

PR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

video interview followed by face to face interview

The video interview involved videoing yourself via your webcam and answering a set questions, as opposed to a skype interview. In an automated email after this I was told it would take about 10 days to hear back. For me it was closer to 20 when I got invited to an interview the week after.
    In email correspondences for this, I was told the face to face interview would be competency based and last roughly 45minutes. It was neither of these. The interview lasted about 20minutes and it wasn't competency based leaving me feeling a little nervous as I had prepared for that type of interview technique. As I was shown out the interviewer said that I'd hear from them within a week as to whether I had been successful or not.
    I waited a week and heard nothing back, so I chose to wait another week in case the process was just a little slow like it had been before the face to face interview. After this second week, I emailed and received a reply from recruitment saying they'd chase it up. Another week on and it had not been followed up so I emailed again, this time I was completely ignored and even now have not had any response (about 2 months on). Of course, now I have assumed the worst but I do find it a little disappointing that one of the 'UK's best employers' can't even send out a quick email to say thanks but you haven't been successful etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself....
      Why PR? / What experience do you have?
      What do you know about Harrods as an employer?
      What Lifestyle and Fashion bloggers and social media accounts do you follow?   Answer Question

Summer Sale Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

A friend of mine already worked at Harrods and sent my cv to her manager who needed extra employees. I got an interview a few days later which was with the assistant manager of the concession store I applied for. It was more like a friendly chat but still had the interview-type questions to it. I got a call the next day saying I passed the first interview and received an e-mail inviting me for store approval a few days later. Store approval is a group interview with max 8 people. I was way more nervous than I should have been, you just have to answer a few scenario type questions in groups of 4 max while an interviewer listens, followed by a 5 min 1:1 interview. I got an e-mail the next day saying I passed and inviting me for induction.

I'd say the process was quite average. Just make sure you dress very smart because nomatter how smart you look, you will still feel underdressed if you see other people working there.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Harrods?   1 Answer

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Hiring process: quick and easy initial online application, then a Situational Judgement Test known as an Online Talent Screener. This is a series of 18 scenario-based questions relating to real life experiences on the Harrods shop floor, where they ask you to select the most suitable response from the possible 3.

Video interview: 10 minutes long and 4 questions. More intimidating than it sounds as it's a lot easier than comparable video interviews for internships for instance.

Next stage should have been a group Assessment Centre, however I was offered a one-to-one interview - given how well my video interview performance was - which I accepted at much shorter notice. This was a mistake as the recruiter who interviewed me wasn't the same person who fast tracked me on the bases of my video interview. What seemed like a promising development in my application was ruined by a disinterested interviewer - who i shall not name. The interviewer offered no hospitality such as water and conducted the interview in an open plan noisy area showed all the following signs: turned up late, seemed more interested in the surroundings than me, little eye contact, going through the motions with their box checking, asked me the exact same question twice (which i'd already answered comprehensively), and didn't even ask for my passport/photo i'd been asked to bring.

What was and is a smooth application process was negatively affected by a bad interviewer.
    My advice to applicants is to think carefully about whether to attend the AC or to put your application's fate in the hands of s single recruiter in a 1-2-1 interview should you face the option.

My requests for constructive feedback have been repeatedly ignored since i received a generic rejection email.

Interview Questions

• What does exceptional customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Should all customers be treated with the same customer service?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer

Jul 18, 2017 – Resourcing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, we really value all the feedback we receive about our interview process. I would like to discuss your review with you to understand more about your... More

Kurt Gieger Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

First stage was a group interview with about 12 people in the head office, then we was contacted 2/3 days after for the next stage, if you get called for the next stage you basically got the job

Head Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I interviewed for a role with Head Office. I submitted my CV and covering letter online, and then a couple of days later I was invited to complete a video interview. After this, I was invited to a face-to-face interview, and then was shortlisted to a second-stage interview the next week. Everybody that I met during the interviews were very friendly and professional, and the recruitment process seemed well-organised, until after my second face-to-face interview (which was also the final stage of the process) as after that, I didn't hear anything from the company again. Although I could work out from the silence that I hadn't got the job, I was disappointed that I didn't even receive an email to let me know this, especially after three rounds of interview (including two days off work to travel to London) and the company being so established.

If you do get an interview here, don't be afraid to dress smart, as there is a more corporate feel than in other fashion head offices.

Interview Questions

Harrods Response

May 10, 2017 – Head of Resourcing

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I was very disappointed to read that you didn't hear from us after your final interview. Please don't hesitate to contact me... More

Summer Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

First, a video interview answering some basic questions. Eg, when are you available, work experience, team work, etc. Then the assessment center, with 10-15 other people, some questions and team building activities. Interviewer was friendly, make sure you dress very nicely and present yourself well. Unfortunately I was not offered the job