KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Harrods Interview Questions

Updated Sep 30, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 362 of over 362 interviews

In Person3%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Harrods

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Harrods

Interview

I got the job within a space of a week. I applied then I had to take a test to see how well I matched to there values. After the test, I had to do a virtual video interview and it was recorded. They then called me up, an interview was scheduled and I got the job a few hours later.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your experience
    Answer Question

Harrods

Application

I interviewed at Harrods in Sep 2022

Interview

Online form, brief telephone conversation with HR then 2 interviews with prospective manager: one was straight forward questions and one was a task I prepared for. I felt I was challenged and worked for it but it was a positive experience for me, it showcased what I would be doing in the role. HR member who progressed my application was really helpful and communicative throughout.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Harrods

Application

I interviewed at Harrods

Interview

quick and easy. had 2 interviews before being offered the position. all within a month. two interviews in person with HR and management good communication kept me posted on the progress

Interview Questions
  • management skills how to behave in scenarios

Harrods

Application

I interviewed at Harrods

Interview

I did a telephone interview followed by an interview at their office in Hammersmith for the Xmas role. You have to demonstrate how to see the products you have been given for a sale scenario.

Interview Questions
  • How would you use your customer service skills to deal with a difficult customer?

Harrods

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods

Interview

I recently remembered an interview I had here. This occurred a decade ago and I truly hope that their practices have significantly improved since. The interview was in a group, the candidates had all applied for different departments within Harrods. It became quickly apparent during the role-play exercise that they expected all candidates to have pre-existing knowledge of those departments, and that product training was not going to be offered. See below.

Interview Questions
  • I don't want to say which department I applied for specifically, but I will make an equivalent example. Say that I applied to sell small kitchen appliances, the interview question was worded like "roleplay selling this specific model/brand of toaster to a customer". You would be at a disadvantage if you didn't already have that product knowledge and I did not. It's preposterous to expect pre-existing knowledge for what was basically an entry level job. Product knowledge should be taught on the job.

Harrods

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods in Jul 2022

Interview

Positive initial interview, was told I would be scheduled in for a second interview after providing my passport details. Never heard back, despite chasing twice for some feedback. Poor communication from HR team- it's not particularly difficult to send a courtesy email as a follow up, regardless of outcome.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Harrods

Application

I interviewed at Harrods

Interview

I applied online and was invited for an open day it was mainly about company and job related and cv check with a couple of questions been asked by the recruiter and then shortlisted people for assessment day assessment day final interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England) in Jun 2022

Interview

I applied on the Harrods website, a few days later I received an email from the recruiter requesting a telephone interview. It was fairly informal, felt more like a chat about my current job and why I'm interested in working for Harrods. I then progressed to the next round, which was a virtual interview with 4 maths questions and 4 questions about the position/your values. After this, I was invited to a teams interview, to present a SWOT on the department and was asked questions surrounding competence and my values. 3 days later I received a call from the recruiter with an offer! Such a quick & efficient process.

Interview Questions
  • - How do you maintain relationships in the workplace internally & externally. - Favourite designers - Time you helped a team member - A time you couldn't deliver the work on time & what did you do - Describe what you do in your current position - Why Harrods
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I interviewed at Harrods (London, England)

Interview

Really well organised group interview process including a one to one section with really friendly managers. The onboarding was also fantastic, sharing the history and values of Harrods and helping build a team spirit.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I interviewed at Harrods (London, England)

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward and easy. They want to know how you adapt to different situations. More of a conversation and not intense They maybe asked around ten questions

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help a customer
Viewing 1 - 10 of 362 Interviews

Harrods Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Harrods as 68.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.93 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Restaurant Server and Retail Sales Associate rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Sales Representative and Sales Associate roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Harrods takes an average of 17 days when considering 41 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Sales Associate had the quickest hiring process (on average 11 days), whereas Restaurant Server roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 30 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Harrods according to 41 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 21.00%