Harrods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harrods Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods.

Interview

There is an initial phone conversation and then you are called to attend the assessment centre. This will be a group interview of max. 15 people and will last approximately one hour.
    If successful after a telephone/video interview, you may be asked to meet with one of our recruiters. This will be a face-to-face interview lasting approximately 45 minutes.If successful after an assessment centre or resourcing interview, you will be invited to a line manager interview. This will be a face-to-face interview with a hiring manager lasting approximately 45 minutes.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammersmith, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (Hammersmith, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process is thoural and long but they go through many security checks,but when you have the patience and wait for processing,it's well worth it! I went into interview as a group inwhich I've never done before,but it made it comfortable and shows you how to work as a team. They have many different dept to work in,from maintenance to office. Harrods has something for everyone,great experience.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to Harrods   1 Answer

Christmas Sales Temp Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harrods in December 2016.

Interview

In my case it's an extremely fast and efficient process.
    1) You apply online, do a situational judgement test (I benefit a lot from doing mock-tests online, and the Harrods test is considerably less difficult than the ones you'll find elsewhere)
    2) Online interview. 3 out of 8 questions are about your availability
    3) Assessment Center. I went to the AC this morning at 11.00 - 12.00 and get my offer 16.00, so it's really fast. If you read the other reviews you'll get a pretty clear idea about the whole process. It's much less frightening than I Imagined.
    4) I was being allocated to Womenswear Superbrands.
    5) Thank you reading this far ;p Here's some of my advice: to prepare for the sells scenarios do some luxury shopping yourself and see how the other people sale things to you. If possible wear one special piece to the interview; be less student like, take the lead but also don't be too dominant. You'll be fine!

Interview Questions

• Think about this two in advance: why Harrods, favourite department. Use case where possible to make it more personal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was directly being allocated to my favourite department (womenswear Superbrands) & start date, so I guess I was quite lucky.

Stock Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

i applied online. i passed the first stage which is a questionary, two weeks later they invited me to record a video interview, i passed that and i have been invited to a line manager interview.
    The interview went very good to my opinion, and i was asked to answer questions about diffcult situations or how do i make priorities etc....but eventually the manager came up offering me a job that wasnt as stock controller but as customer service in the pantry department. I wasn't very happy with that and the recruiter noticed. And i think that was the rison why i didnt receive any offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online, then answer 18 questions about costumer service experience and after 4 days they send me a mail and invite to a video interview. It took me 10 minutes

Interview Questions

• 1. Availability
      2. Previous experience
      3. Why Harrods
      4. Working for Harrods before

Harrods Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

After competency based questionnaire online and video interview, followed the 1:1 interview in Harrods office. Must wear very formal, but interview itself was very informal, very chilled, simple questions about previous experience, customer service skills (going extra mile, dealing with difficult clients etc.). Lasted about 30 min.

Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods in December 2016.

Interview

I started my interview process by: Applying online, video interview (has around 5/7 questions) assessment center (you have to present yourself - why do you want to work with them, favorite department, group exercise - innovate idea for Harrods, role group scenario, sell an item in 30 sec.

Interview Questions

• 3 expectations of Harrods customers?
      Why Harrods?
      Favorite department?
      Past customer experience?
      Innovative idea that Harrods could use to improve services?

Buyers Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Went to a line manager interview which consisted of presenting a swot analysis about the department I was applying for. Then a few competency questions and my interest in the job. Had to do a short maths test and talk about my experience and how it relates to the job e.g. what I had done in previous jobs that I will need.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond what was expected
      What do you know about the role
      How do you prioritise your time

IT Portfolio Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Harrods in November 2016.

Interview

Met with friendly, engaging interviewers. From an interview point of view it was a good experience.

My issues arose post interview. Despite chasing the recruitment team, I received no feedback or contact regarding their decision, worse still the first I heard that I would not be offered the role was a third party company asking me to 'rate my experience' having been through their recruitment process!!! Priceless.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move from Financial Services to Retail   Answer Question

Harrods Response

Feb 13, 2017 – Head of Resourcing

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and I'm sorry to learn that your recruitment process wasn't satisfactory. If you would like to receive the feedback from your interview process ... More

Xmas Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The first stage was an online questionnaire which is pretty straight forward. I then got invited to a video interview which had 8 questions. I got invited to an assessment centre where there were about 15 of us in total. Over there each person had to briefly speak about themselves and harrods in front of everyone. There was then a group exercise again about Harrods eg what customers expect and what new idea could you introduce to Harrods. There was then a role play with one of the assessors where you had to sell an alternative product to a customer as the original product was out of stock. Lastly was a 30 second sales pitch of a product they give you.

Interview Questions

• Q Why Harrods? What Department do you like best? Example of when you offered excellent customer service?   Answer Question