Hawkes Learning Reviews | Glassdoor

Hawkes Learning Reviews

Updated Oct 30, 2019

3.6
Hawkes Learning President Jim Hawkes (no image)
Jim Hawkes

"Rewarding, professional growth, supportive environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, SC

I have been working at Hawkes Learning full-time for more than a year

Pros

-staff celebrations (we find a way to celebrate anything whether it’s a holiday or a Mac and cheese day!) -flexibility -supportive environment -incredible people -great training program

Cons

Since it’s located in Mount Pleasant, it may be a long commute depending on where you live. Charleston is a beautiful, growing city, so the traffic may be tricky. Make sure to ask staff’s opinion on the surrounding areas and their commutes during interview process as you consider where to relocate to. My colleagues and I commute from all over the Charleston area, so it’s doable, but definitely easiest if you live in Mount Pleasant!

Advice to Management

Keep supporting your staff! :) I really appreciate how I can have open communication with management and feel supported. I feel really valued as a professional and as a team player.

Hawkes Learning2019-10-30

"Shipping Assistant"

I have been working at Hawkes Learning part-time

Pros

Great environment. Pay was decent.

Cons

Management was not worried about employees enough.

Hawkes Learning2018-08-22
  3. "Quality Assurance Overview"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Hawkes Learning full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a great place! I love the people and the environment created by management. If you do your best to take on projects there is always a place for you!

Cons

It's a very small company, so it is tough at times to grow and take on new roles. But still great place to work!

Advice to Management

Continue to value your employees, and find roles for smart, driven people to fit into. Keep doing your awesome team building things too!

Hawkes Learning2018-06-15

"Great place for first time employment"

I have been working at Hawkes Learning part-time for less than a year

Pros

The work environment is fun and constantly changing. They are extremely flexible and understanding when it comes to your schedule.

Cons

I have heard from former employees that it is hard to move up. The pay is not competitive compared to other tech companies that are near here.

Hawkes Learning2018-04-02

"Growing Company"

I have been working at Hawkes Learning full-time

Pros

Work with really great people.

Cons

Not enough resources to do your job well.

Hawkes Learning2017-12-03

"A True Embarrassment"

I worked at Hawkes Learning

Pros

The location is nice, it’s in Mt. Pleasant and has some pretty surrounding areas, and that’s about all I can think of.

Cons

The employees there are TERRIBLE. Rude, belittling, just all around completely unprofessional with the way they treat other workers. There have been instances of public humiliation, where people will just pretend nothing happened and go on about their day. In need of some reality checks.

Advice to Management

Clean house.

Hawkes Learning2017-11-24
  7. "Excellent team & mission!"

I worked at Hawkes Learning full-time

Pros

Top notch staff. Fun atmosphere. Purposeful work. Sincere commitment to customer service.

Cons

Limited resources because smaller company.

Hawkes Learning2017-09-24

"A Terrible Experience"

I worked at Hawkes Learning for more than a year

Pros

From my time at Hawkes, I met a fair share of kind people and honest employees, and was reminded of just how extreme a bad work environment can be.

Cons

Leave your dignity at the door! While I can certainly say that I met a lot of wonderful people there, I can also say that I met and worked with terrible ones. Of course, one expects to have to work with some jerks wherever they're employed, but this was truly different. Some employees should have truly been handed a box and thrown out immediately for their mistreatment of others. I was taken advantage of by the supervisors, who knew they were understaffed, in efforts to keep me there. I was also spoken to, numerous times, like a parent reprimanding a mischievous child or perhaps a stray dog. The design area was particularly atrocious: belittling, demeaning, and with absolutely no evident interest in keeping a coworker motivated through the use of any sort of constructive criticism. They were constantly understaffed, and I was able to see why. Ultimately, employees carrying this idea that demeaning another on such a personal level is in any way a form of professional criticism is only an embarrassment to themselves. I was able to walk away with this knowledge, and with my dignity intact. I cannot say the same in regards to dignity for the aforementioned.

Advice to Management

There is simply no excuse for the profoundly unprofessional employees there to still have jobs. Most companies would have no tolerance for such behavior, and I advise the management to strongly consider doing a bit of housecleaning.

Hawkes Learning2017-04-08

"Anonymous"

I worked at Hawkes Learning

Pros

The only positive I can say is that Hawkes is in the beautiful city of Charleston. Other than that it's a terrible company that will not be around for much longer.

Cons

The people. Very stuck up and pretentious with unrealistic expectations. Very clicky and non inclusive. I've seen so many people treated terribly and let go out of the blue. The management is rude and the CEO is crazy. A bunch of clueless people. And they TERRIBLE technology internally!

Advice to Management

Just do better. Everything needs improvement.

Hawkes Learning2016-07-02
  10. "Great Company to Work With"

Curriculum Developer, Contractor in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Hawkes Learning for less than a year

Pros

They sincerely care about the learning process for students They collaborate with the developer in creating a quality product Quick turnaround pay

Cons

As a contractor, there is always a waiting period until the next project begins. There is probably a long list for new hires on a full-time basis.

Hawkes Learning2016-05-25