HealthTap Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
HealthTap Founder & CEO Ron Gutman
Ron Gutman

Pros
  • a place to truly have the impacts to change the world, (in 6 reviews)

• But when you create a core team with these traits, you have a small group of people with which even the hardest problems are solvable (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Tough to find a work-life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Management constantly stresses a sense of urgency for everything, all the time (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Exciting, energizing, challenging, impactful"

Pros

The people here are smart, they work hard, they're good people. The tech we create will help people universally worldwide and is game-changing. The market expectations and social responsibility is huge. This is the place to be.

Cons

Based on what we hear in company meetings in terms of what is coming up in this year, the needs will be high for more hands on deck. We need to build hiring momentum SIGNIFICANTLY on all fronts

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing because clearly something is working well. But don't lose the goodness in the people and mission along the way. And never stop improving and optimizing the company!

2. "THE place for professional athletes"

I have been working at HealthTap full-time

Pros

We talk here all the time about how the people we look for are the kinds of that climb Mount Everest. They are self-motivated to take on difficult challenges where most peopel don't. They push themselves to accomplish great feats. In light of setback, they push back harder. They train and build the skills they need in advance. They find more joy in the hke and experience than reaching the summit. These traits are the key ingredients to the kinds of people that thrive at HealthTap. Makes sense given that we're a company that also embodies healthy living. Being an entrepreneur requires a perserverance, positivity, and resourcefulness that comes from within. HealthTap is a company that needs to fill every rank with more entrepreneurs, regardless of functional area.

Cons

Volatility and unpredictability are a little bit "the nature of the beast" when belonging to a fast growing company. But we need to do more to control for the unnecessary volattility in planning and projects and scope and deadlines. Running 25 miles of a marathon and finding out you actually have 3 more miles to go instead of 1. It makes the experience feel more challenging than it needs to be.

Advice to Management

There's a winning formula here that needs to be replicated, catalyzed, and continued. On the other hand ,there are easy ways by making some investments in helping the company scale with internal processes, that will make the journey and adventure smoother for all on it.

3. "So much untapped potential still"

I have been working at HealthTap full-time

Pros

I've been at the company for almost two years now. When I joined I thought we had all the exciting potential in the world. But fast forward two years and the opportunities are even greater. Our biggest bottleneck is not sales, or technical constraints, or anything. The company has tremendous momentum already. But we could have SO MUCH MORE by just bringing in more of the right kind of entrepreneurial super smart very passionate good people to take on the many opportunities we are just holding on the bench due to bandwidth. We need more of the same people in the company today ... many more of them.

Cons

It's such a tension between executing in the short time while still investing enough time in hiring more people for the long-term. It's temping to not take all the interviews and phone screens of qualified candidates because you have deadlines or projects that need to move. But we all need to make more time to talk to more candidates.

Advice to Management

Find ways to making the hiring process even more efficient and higher throughput so we can minimize the time and bandwidth needed to offer and onboard each new company team member.

5. "Thrilling and fulfilling"

I have been working at HealthTap full-time

Pros

There is never a boring day at HealthTap. If you're the kind of ambitious soul who wants meaning and purpose in their career beyond just a job. And you get restless thinking about what more you could be doing to make the world a better place, there really aren't many companies out there like HealthTap who will absolutely meet your needs

Cons

There's a healthy sense of urgency and intensity, and metrics orientation, and execution orientation that everyone here adheres to. So it's for people who like accountability and transparency on what matters and how to measure success. It's a transparent meritocracy that's less friendly to people who arent in one of two modes that we talk about here: "Success" and "Learning". (that is, don't keep failing for the same reasons. learn and pivot and then succeed)

Advice to Management

Hire more managers who can extract more potential out of each employee with a bit more hand holding and support and training and check ins. Right now it's a lean execution machine, but helping people cope with changes and get regular support will help everyone succeed even more.

6. "Passionate and ambitious folks"

I have been working at HealthTap full-time

Pros

Here we talk about building a company "for the next 500 years" with the mentality that we're here to create sustainable value, establish a culture of continued innovation and mission-driven impact, and create processes and infrastructure that will scale for us. I can tell you that's certainly authentic in the intent of everyone here.

Cons

The challenge of doing the above has been constant and unwavering focus on short-term executation and delivery of projects to keep moving forward. The trick has become how to balance building for the long-term while executing in the short-term.

Advice to Management

One piece of advice I have is something that everyone here at the company knows ... we need to hire a lot and very quickly. THat's the only way we can juggle both of the above in a sustainable way. Let's do it because we have all the right fundamentals in place to grow a world-changing company!

7. "Real innovation, every day"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at HealthTap full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a member of the engineering team, I love that HealthTap is constantly working on projects that are where healthcare is GOING. We set direction and others follow. That's always exciting when you're a builder.

Cons

The real issue is that there are usually TOO many great things that need to be worked on at once. And prioritization is difficult because it's really more about bandwidth too. It's been a challenge to find time to hire our teams WHILE maintaining the pace of growth we have.

Advice to Management

Cafffein, ice cream, and rocket fuel. Give the employees the essential to do it all because there's lots of great things to do! :)

8. "The best company I've worked for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at HealthTap full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've recently had to leave HealthTap for personal family reasons and I wish I could stay. It was by far the best place I've ever works for and the best team I've worked with. The CEO and his executive team are very talented and mission driven and working incredibly hard. It's inspiring to the entire team that's creating high quality products at a rate that is completely unprecedented. I loved working on the product - it's super smart and serves a huge amount of people all over the world. And with some current partnerships, some of the best medical institutions in the world too. I highly recommend the company to anyone who's looking for a great place to work, get compensated well, and do good in the world at scale.

Cons

I love yoga and would have loved more people in the company to be into it and join me to do it

Advice to Management

Open more offices around the world - great people worldwide want to work with you but have to be elsewhere sometime

9. "A global business opportunity"

I have been working at HealthTap full-time

Pros

HealthTap has the potential to disrupt the way the world is thinking about "healthcare IT". I joined here because it's refreshingly different. It's an approach to building health interfaces for doctors and patients that are user centric and tackling the core of what health care -- the logistics around the actual delivery of care.

Cons

Everyone on the team (from employees to leadership) has big dreams and large ambitions ... so it can be an initimidating environment for newbies joining. But the good news is that everyone may be busy, but always wants to help. So we should create a more proactive envrionment in reaching out to new employees to offer help, not always wait for them to ask.

Advice to Management

As we grow into the new second office space, let's make sure to keep product design and engineering together please so collaboration stays easy, which is key to our success.

"Manipulative management team, no respect to employees"

I worked at HealthTap full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

co-workers are brilliant and great

Cons

Leadership team are manipulative and unprofessional. Cross the line constantly, have no respect to employees. The company culture is built on lies

Advice to Management

Leave the company for the sake of the company

"Toxic atmosphere"

I have been working at HealthTap full-time

Pros

Product idea is cool, cool office space

Cons

awfully run, CEO terrifies workers, product is faulty, whole place is bunk, CEO has mandatory 4-6 pm friday meetings so no one dares to enjoy their weekend.

Advice to Management

new CEO, invest in sales & BD efforts. get product working