Healthplex Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Sharon Zelkind

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great work life balance. Not a lot of opportunity"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Uniondale, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Uniondale, NY

I worked at Healthplex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great work life balance
    -Good benefits
    -Great people to work with
    -Stable & Secure environment

Cons

Ceiling on the top. Difficult to pierce above director level.

Advice to Management

Provide clear career path for the star analysts and take early action to correct nonperforming ones.

2. "Fired much of the staff and rehired them back with no benefits or seniority 2 months later."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uniondale, NY

I worked at Healthplex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good hours, decent pay, very flexible schedule. Jobs are as advertised With clear instructions of duties in the job description.

Cons

They fired numerous people around company, only to hire them back 2 months later with no medical/dental benefits at the date of hire and no seniority (vacation privileges). Despicable and slimy. This allowed them to rehire without having to train new hires and cutting the cost of paying unemployment. They got valuable employees back without giving the benefits and seniority they worked hard for. Work load is a burden for the compensation received and management expects employees to do more and more without giving the increase in compensation that is deserved.

Advice to Management

Do the right thing and treat your employees like people.

3. "Enter at your own risk"

I worked at Healthplex full-time

Pros

I enjoyed my time working here.

Cons

I was told to look the other way when there were inappropriate things happening within the company.

4. "Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lindenhurst, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lindenhurst, NY

I have been working at Healthplex (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nice company. Good location and great benefits.

Cons

Additional flex schedules or work from home arrangements would be helpful

"Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Temporary Outreach Representative in Valley Stream, NY
    Former Employee - Temporary Outreach Representative in Valley Stream, NY

I worked at Healthplex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Upbeat environment! Co-workers are cheerful and look to make everyone better! Company will grow!

Cons

Within the Customer Service Department upper management is very restictive! They don't allow for an employee to switch department which causes many customer service reps who are striving to become more within a great company to become stuck!

Advice to Management

To customer service Management I would suggest them to allow for their employees to have an opportunity to move within the ranks of the company as a whole not just customer service!

6. "Very Good Experience so far"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uniondale, NY

I have been working at Healthplex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good pay, flexible hours, lots to explore, experiment and learn. Challenging projects to work on.

Cons

the management is slow towards change and to embrace new technologies..

7. "Currently Employed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uniondale, NY

I have been working at Healthplex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great place to work with a lot of opportunities.

Cons

Not applicable therefore no cons..

Advice to Management

Management is open to ideas!

"Gave me what I needed"

Former Employee - Provider Site Change Representative/Customer Service in Uniondale, NY

I worked at Healthplex (More than a year)

Pros

Except for it being very strict with all kinds of policies and rules, phones never stop ringing, calls monitored and you get qualiy scores. You can make extra money buy doing good on quality and taking alot of calls. I had some run ins with upper management and they were cool, as far as bosses go I guess. I left after a few months. Now I'm in a different call center and it is so much worse here. There are no policies which is cool until it's not. Too much crazy drama with supervisors and other coworkers. Benefits suck. If it wasn't so far from my home id go back to Healthpjex. Healthplex did give me the skills I needed to be one of the best call reps where I am and looking back I owe them that because I got like no training where I am now. So I used what I learned at Healthplex like the MAGIC and HIPPA training and they have me experience dealing with difficult calls. So thank you Healthplex for that, with my kids and mortgage it really helps because I'm the best rep where I sm now and that's like job security and probably a promotion. Can't put a price in that, not these days.

Cons

The phone calls were so abusive, not Healthplex fault but that's hard to deal with when you're new

Advice to Management

Maybe pay more money so people don't look for other jobs

9. "Very Good Company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Uniondale, NY

I have been working at Healthplex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Where to begin? The benefits are great. Free dental coverage!! They respect my need to be out on FMLA due to a back injury. When I am able to work I usually achieve the incentives every month. Two incentives actually... productivity and quality. The training was great. I've heard that before my trainer was doing the training the training wasn't as good but my experience was great. He was so knowledgeable and nice to my whole class. They use something called MAGIC for the soft skills. It can be pretty robotic but when you are answering as many calls as I do that "roboticness" comes in handy in helping me achieve good quality scores. It can be pretty stressful but not compared to motherhood!! ;) From what I understand Healthplex kind of works for a lot of the medicaid and medicare HMO companies and that is the reason that the quality is so hard. That wasn't explained to me which would have helped but I had a serious talk with one of my supervisors (very nice man) and he explained how it all fits together. I've already been told that I will be moving up soon to commercial which is a promotion. That made me feel good although i have heard that is way harder than the government lines.

Cons

The fact that I needed to ask a supervisor to connect the dots for me about what I do and why Healthplex needs to be as strict with their policies speaks to a lack of communication between the supervisors/managers and the representatives.

Advice to Management

There should be more meetings with the staff that would help us understand why certain policies exist and what is at stake when we do not adhere to them.

10. "Run!!!!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Uniondale, NY

Pros

Decent pay,nice building,full time positions

Cons

Micromanaged , monitored and recorded . . . On calls and scrutinized for saying words that are in your everyday vocab, such as I'm sorry no problem and um!!!!!!! Magic training is for a robot.

Advice to Management

They need to learn how to manage better and stop embarrassing they're emoloyees.... And putting so much pressure on employees to be perfect !!!! Practice what they preach !!!!! And act more professional .