Heap Reviews

4.7
Heap Co-Founders Ravi Parikh and Matin Movassate
Ravi Parikh and Matin Movassate
Pros
Cons
  • "growing pains as we scale and grow our processes(in 18 reviews)

• "Typical growing pains of a fast growing company BUT leadership handles this maturely(in 5 reviews)

1. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Solutions Engineer

I have been working at Heap full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Working with smart people that have low egos. Heaple are driven and a joy to work with! Great people contribute to a strong & fun work culture - Clear communication from leadership around business decisions. Comparing Heap to a previous startup experience, the clear updates from Heap leadership are huge in keeping our company aligned across teams. Asking questions and maintaining transparency are valued. - Fast-paced work environment means there are always opportunities to learn on the job.

Cons

- Charting a clear career path/progression (long-term)

Heap2020-05-28
  2. "Review"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Heap full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Culture - Transparency - Innovation

Cons

- lacking a personal career road-mapping program

Heap2020-05-28

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Heap full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great group of smart people -Leadership that supports the team and wants to help each individual grow to their full potential

Cons

No cons to discuss right now

Heap2020-04-19

"Lack of execution."

2.0
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative

I have been working at Heap full-time for more than a year

Pros

Catered lunch is great, the cell phone bill is paid, nice amenities. great product for the SMB.

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth. Lots of turnover in leadership lead to missed opportunities and not many features launched over a long period of time. Heap promises to be a rocketship startup, but really they don't know what they are doing. Big emphasis on "slope" which just means your attractive and went to a fancy school. Very few employees know what they are doing especially in marketing. No career growth, lots of empty lipservice. Pendo and Amplitude are gonna eat their lunch. GTM org has a lot of very obvious holes especially biz dev.

Heap2020-03-18

Heap Response

April 17, 2020President and Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for sharing your comments about Heap. I’m disappointed that your experience at Heap did not meet your expectations. I’d welcome more detailed feedback in person. Here are some responses to your post. - Product velocity is our top priority at Heap. In the past 6 months, we’ve released a new data governance product, a revamped mobile offering, a new user paths module, new account-level insight capabilities, our first leap into powering outside workflows with Heap data, and lots of new analysis features. I’m personally confident and excited about our 2020 road map. - “Slope” and Career growth: At Heap, we care more about your future potential (“slope”) than we do about the brands on your resume or what college you attended. Our 2020 staffing plan is heavily based on promoting from within because we do believe in the slope of our teammates (for example, many of our AEs are former BDRs). Nevertheless, we go to great lengths to ensure an internal transfer/promotion is held to the same standard as an external candidate. - GTM: Our pipeline generation, conversion, and win rates have improved consistently over the last 6 months to all-time high levels. These improvements could not have happened without a compelling strategy, clear plans of action, and thoughtful execution. What differentiates Heap the most are its people and culture. An important part of this culture is “assuming positive intent” when interacting with teammates (rather than cynicism). I’d be excited to talk about your feedback in person and elicit more detailed feedback from you. We are in the early innings in the development of an enormous market (digital analytics). I’ll bet on my teammates at Heap any day to go after it :-) Thank you again for your input. I’d be excited to continue this conversation in person. Respectfully, - Ken Fine (President, COO)

"One of the Best Places to Work. Amazing Work Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Heap full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work Culture and Open Environment makes it easier to work at Heap. CEO and management is very approachable with a problem solving attitude.

Cons

There are no Cons in my view.

Heap2020-02-04

"All show"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Heap full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits Is about it

Cons

Management just hires more management who hires more. No fluid sales proceed. Losing top talent

Heap2020-01-09

Heap Response

January 30, 2020President and Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for sharing your comments about Heap. I’m disappointed that your experience at Heap is not meeting your expectations. We try to be clear about our hiring goals and the rationale behind them. In addition, we’re actively investing in our sales process. Glad you enjoy our benefits :-) I’d welcome more detailed feedback in person. Here are some additional responses to your post. Q4 2019 was the best quarter yet @Heap for sales performance. Please check the following link: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6625740092092755968/ We are fortunate to have an incredible team of Heaple with very high employee retention. Our 2020 hiring plan is mostly individual contributors, but also some People Managers/Execs. We maintain relatively industry standard ratios for individual contributor and management roles. Finally, as you likely know, Sales process and methodology is our area of most aggressive investment within GTM. Thank you again for your input. I’d be excited to continue this conversation in person. Respectfully, - Ken Fine (President, COO)

"Lovely place to work, great people"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Heap full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Many opportunities to have positive impact on the business * Smart, supportive people * Good office atmosphere, great benefits

Cons

* If you don't like the uncertainty of a small-midsize startup, not for you

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Heap full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Technically interesting projects and engineering challenges * Plenty of opportunity for career growth * Competitive comp * Great work/life balance (flexible WFH/work remote, unlimited PTO w/ 3 week minimum, "Treat yo self" days, etc.). * Great office culture * Good company transparency (though this was better when we were smaller)

Cons

* Plenty of legacy code (though ongoing projects are making progress on remediating some of this) * Perf review process is still kinda opaque to me

Heap2019-10-18

"Feeling Valued by my Company Changed my Life"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Heap full-time for less than a year

Pros

I feel valued every day! My opinion is heard and therefore my customers opinion is heard. Heap's product is incredible and everyone genuinely cares about the success of the product and our customers. All my coworkers are fun, intelligent and push me to be better every day!

Cons

Can' think of a single one!

Heap2019-10-18

"Exciting company to work for with an amazing team"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Heap full-time for more than a year

Pros

The collaborative work environment and the quality of talent at Heap are what stand out the most for me. Everyone is extremely intelligent and are always willing to go the extra mile in collaborative efforts. I've been with the company for 14+ months and have really enjoyed my time here

Cons

Not particular a con for Heap specifically, but as a startup there will be growing pains and lack of standard processes in certain areas of the company. It's been exciting to see how much the company has grown and scaled since I've started and I'm confident these areas of friction will be continually improved.

Heap2019-10-21