HomeLight Reviews

Updated Feb 25, 2021

4.8
HomeLight CEO Drew Uher
Drew Uher
Pros
  • "Great work environment, great company culture(in 9 reviews)

• "It is honestly the best work environment anyone could ask for(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Like any startup change is a constant and with change sometimes come growing pains, but if you're not changing you're not growing(in 11 reviews)

• "This creates a very uncomfortable hostile work environment to be in particularly if you're a woman(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

A great place to work!

Feb 25, 2021 - Escrow Assistant in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Care about the staff Great Perks! Good work atmosphere Ability to work from home if needed

Cons

I can't think of any!

2. 5.0

It Really Is That Good

Feb 22, 2021 - New Home Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

HomeLight is a company that truly values its employees. Great benefits Flexibility Great work/life balance opportunities Great team building Positive people! This is big! You can expect to feel motivated everyday. Work hard and stay focused and the earning potential is there!

Cons

There are no cons to working for HomeLight.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Feb 9, 2021 - Agent Success Associate in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, good pay, lots of fun activities.

Cons

None, this is a great company to work for.

4. 5.0

What a great company!

Feb 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at HomeLight has been nothing short of amazing! I have never worked for a company where I have felt that my value is appreciated. Leadership gives you all the tools you will need to do your job and set you up for success.

Cons

Training could be more structured.

5. 5.0

All around great Company

Feb 9, 2021 - Home Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, Management that actually listens and cares forward-thinking proactive culture competitive pay and promotes from within, inclusive

Cons

Typical growing pains with a startup.

HomeLight Response

Head of Talent

Thank you for your feedback, and I truly appreciate your advice to management too.

6. 5.0

Excellent Company!!!

Feb 9, 2021 - Post Closing in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Treats employees well. Remote work. Generous compensation and benefits. Lots of perks.

Cons

no 401k match or HSA

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

I'm so proud to be a part of an amazing company like this

Feb 9, 2021 - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company culture is incredible! While we work remotely (because of COVID), we are still able to keep our positive company culture of: caring for each other, for our clients and Agents. The growth of our current business and future opportunities is untapped. HomeLight is uniquely positioned to capture a lot of marketshare and to do it in a way where the buying and selling of homes is simplified, certain and most importantly satisfying. Upper management is transparent and honest with the entire company. They share in the spirit of everyone is a part of the journey (not just the top of the org). This is the mist positive sales atmosphere I have ever worked. I have the same opportunity as anyone else to make money, because there are no back room politics or drama, just equality. I make as much money as the amount of effort I am willing to put in.

Cons

None. It is a start-up, so you need to be flexible and understand that there a lot of imperfections.

8. 5.0

Homelight is a Unicorn

Feb 9, 2021 - Home Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

The best company I have ever worked for and you're potential for growth at this company I have never experienced before. The management really cares about your personal and professional growth and even out of office, coworkers feel like friends.

Cons

Working from home takes self discipline but Homelight ensures a dynamic work culture even virtually.

9. 5.0

So far so good!

Feb 2, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very empathetic company, they have taken Covid very seriously and ensure all employees are well situated for a safe working environment and have all necessary tools to work from home. They are very fair when it comes to compensation, if someone out of your control is causing you to earn less they do a great job of making it right and are very fair. I love how transparent they are, the goals, and objectives are clearly stated and well delivered to keep everyone on the same page. Also, great health insurance, having worked for another tech startup I can assure HomeLight invests properly to cover great health insurance benefits.

Cons

Not a huge issue, the salary is pretty low but they have great commission structures to hit your financial goals.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fake Fake Fake

Feb 10, 2021 - Home Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

An easy job working the phones. Consultative sales.

Cons

Vague commission structures that are ever-changing. If you speak up and say you don't like something, you're almost sure to be targeted by management there after for it although they won't tell you that (obviously). CEO and management as a whole feel FAKE as can be. They create a "fun" environment and advertise themselves to be a great company to work for but there's a shadow of looming gossip and drama within the company at all times. They'd rather you sit down, shut up, and do your work so if you have any sense of autonomy, this isnt the place for you. Don't bother sharing how you feel or offering up new ideas. Training is poor but the job itself is easy enough to where that doesn't matter but it would be nice to get some decent training. They'll point to the Glassdoor ratings in the interview and use that as a selling point. I'm fairly certain many of them are fabricated for the reason. Even the people who have been there for a while will tell you that they are only still there because they need a job. Don't get involved if you haven't already and if you have, leave.

HomeLight Response

Head of Talent

Thanks for your feedback. We're constantly looking for ways to improve the experience for our team members and will look at our training programs on the heels of your comments. However, we firmly believe that the Home Consultant (HC) team is fairly compensated. When you received your offer letter for the HC role, it clearly indicated an OTE of $65-85k. For the years 2017 - 2020 the actual average OTE for the Home Consultant team ranged from 83k - 95k. During this time, top performers have achieved earnings that approach or exceed $100k/yr. I'm sorry HomeLight was not the right fit for you, and I wish you luck in finding a role that's right for you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 112 English Reviews