KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 37 of over 40 reviews

3.8
Talk anonymously with Real Estate professionals

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The team is always happy to help and to go beyond the brief to get the job done.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Great for people looking to start in a new way of work and to learn a lot(in 6 reviews)
  • "4. There's a real want to do things better, and everyone is encouraged to identify ways of improving things(in 3 reviews)
  • "Great culture(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Avoid the sinking ship

Jun 27, 2021 - Client Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really great holiday pay/ benefits. Opportunity to work from different offices around the world.

Cons

Extremely disorganised, high turnover because the company doesn’t invest in their people. Low pay, minimal raises. Received funding in 2018 and seemingly threw darts at a map to see where they should open new markets. No research or understanding of those markets was done, leading to most of the new offices closing.

4 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Totally Unique Opportunities!

Aug 2, 2022 - Client Success Executive in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

There has been A LOT of change recently and a number of poor performers (all from 1 department) have been let go, hence some bitter reviews. Their bad attitudes and poor work, really impacted the rest of us on a day to day basis, so it's good to see that the staff issues which some of us repeatedly flagged have finally been addressed! Aside from that 1 department, one of the best things at Houst is the people you meet! So many are now some of my closest friends and the business is just super, super social! If you are hardworking and 'think outside the box' there is so much room to grow. As a start up you get a TON of responsibility from day 1 and there's an amazing sense of job satisfaction (lots of problem solving). There's also great progression opportunities (and quick ones), if you work really hard!

Cons

Taking too long to get rid of bad people - hopefully that one is changing!

3. 5.0

Great place to work

Jul 7, 2022 - Operations Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, fun, energetic, no two days are the same

Cons

Can’t think of any at the moment

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fast-growing company with a lot of potential

Jun 27, 2022 - Finance in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly environment with some social events, dynamic mood, opportunities to develop ideas and to grow, flexible, working remotely 2 days a week. Houst has great strengths as it succeeded to the pandemic. It's is in constant progress and is very promising.

Cons

Commuting to the office (only the Overground) and the fixed office days (Mon-Wed-Friday). The company is facing to a lot of challenges and change of organization but it's understanding as a start-up.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Do not apply for Houst if you’re a person of colour

Jul 31, 2022 - Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are friendly to work with you can get on with most people there

Cons

They will terminate you without a valid reason if you’re a person of colour so please don’t apply here if you are one, it is constantly changing and you have to keep up with changes, you are overworked and stressed and get no support from management or hr

2 people found this review helpful

Houst Response

Head of People and Culture

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we take any allegations of discrimination and mental health & wellbeing very seriously. As you did not contact HR during your time at Houst to arrange a meeting to discuss either of the issues raised, we request that you please contact us offline as we will look to conduct a formal investigation. In regards to mental health we have a policy to reach out to any member of staff who might be struggling. We also offer financial assistance for staff attending therapy or counselling as part of our employee benefits package. At no point in time has a formal complaint about discrimination ever been raised at Houst, so we find these particular comments incredibly concerning. We are very proud to have a diverse workforce and have a strategic diversity agenda, at every point of the employee lifecycle. As part of our recruitment process we ensure that it is inclusive and accessible to everyone and regularly assess our recruitment data to ensure we are meeting our diversity agenda. Unfortunately there are sometimes occasions where members of staff do not pass their probationary periods. Whilst we can understand that this is disappointing, in order to ensure the business operates effectively, we are only in a position to retain staff who we feel are capable in the role and pass their probations. As we very much want to give everyone a chance to improve and develop, on certain occasions we will extend the probationary period.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fast Paced and Unique Place to Work!

Jun 16, 2022 - Lettings Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company have a good attitude towards the many challenges we face daily and the pandemic which we are now leaving behind. They always try to encourage the staff to ensure the client journey is a positive one. The best part about Houst is the people who work here. They become more than colleagues and you start to see yourself as a group of friends all encouraging each other to do better.

Cons

As always with a start up they are always changing and evolving how they do things to make them better, but this is sometimes challenging as departments move around to remember who deals with certain things.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee

Good work experience and that's about it

Jun 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work out if you are starting out. Hybrid working, you can get some good experience since they will probably make you do everything they can, because "startup". They have drinks on the last day of the week when everyone's in the office which is alright. Occasional social events. Just go do your 6 months-1year and move onto something better.

Cons

Don't expect great pay, most people make around like £25k or less unless they are higher up. You have to be really chummy with the higher ups and suck upto them if you wanna get anywhere. Management is a mess, CEO sticks his nose into things he shouldn't. There isn't really much of a structure to things.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 1.0

Are the reviews real?

Jul 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

At the low and mid level you will find some wonderful people, and if you are able to survive a toxic work environment, you have some decent opportunities to grow.

Cons

If you are not able to stand the toxicity of the environment, then you will suffer your time here. It is interesting to see reviews from senior management and from people that have been in the company for less than a month giving the maximum score, almost feels like the new hr manager is asking employees to leave reviews.

4 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A lot of opportunities to grow for people who take initiative.

May 18, 2022 - Payroll Analyst in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Every day is a new learning experience. A lot of opportunities to grow. I started shortly before the pandemic in an operational position and since then I have been given many opportunities for growth and professional training that will be very useful for my future. -Work Environment and Culture in Houst is good. -The teammates are supportive and the management is great.

Cons

The work-life balance may suffer on some days but if you have a talk with your manager, it can be resolved.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Current Employee

A Company with a friendly atmosphere, that has potential to improve.

May 10, 2022 - Client Success Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Houst has some great staff that are always friendly and help out each other when needed. There's a fun atmosphere and good social life balance. It's been a great start so far, and I hope things are the company continue to improve.

Cons

The office days, can be a bit strange compared to other companies(Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays if you're in the London office). There are some internal communication issues that can sometimes cause issues (much like any business). These issues have been heard by the upper management so it'll be interesting to see what action is actually taken .

Viewing 1 - 10 of 37 Reviews
</>Embed

Houst Reviews FAQs

Houst has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 40 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at Houst to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Houst employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Houst. This rating has decreased by -13% over the last 12 months.

69% of Houst employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Houst 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Houst Job Seekers