ICSA Software International Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Many Opportunities - Great Place to Work!"

Former Employee - Support Analyst in Stratford, CT
    Former Employee - Support Analyst in Stratford, CT

Pros

Over the last 15 months I have truly enjoyed my time working at ICSA Software. I love all the people I work with, everyone is friendly and easy to work with. While working in Support I was able to travel to many different states and parts of Canada to train clients. It is rewarding to help clients and form relationships with them. This is job with a lot of opportunities - whether you want to travel, be apart of software development/testing, or plan events there are always new possibilities here to address your interests. Employees are given the chance to learn new skills and gain experience.
    I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a position in a close software development team. I have learned so much of the last 15 months and am sad to leave this job.

Cons

I do not have any cons, I honestly really enjoyed my time working for ICSA.

2. "Terrific Place to work - great people and products!"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Stratford, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Stratford, CT

I have been working at ICSA Software International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ICSA Software is a great place to work - with smart people who care about the clients and creating outstanding solutions, and a great product that is an industry leader. It is fun to work in an office with all tech people - developers, BA's, PMs and our support team. We have a very 'normal' workday where we give it 110% during the day and then go home to our families. Salaries are competitive, vacation time is good, and the office is really conveniently located without the lower FF County commute. We also have colleagues in offices around the world (London, Dubai, Hong Kong, Australia) so there are opportunities for interesting travel and working with great people from around the world.

Our clients are some of the largest companies in the world, so it is exciting to work with them and understand the needs of these industry giants. We have tripled our BA team in the past two years and are a growing small company so there are always new perspectives and team members. There is a great deal of camaraderie in the office, and people working together. I cant wait to see what is going to happen next most days with the constantly changing needs of our clients!

There are all sorts of little things that make this a special place, like the entire team stopping for an hour on Friday mornings to have bagels and talking about whatever topics arise, and just bonding as a group. We have fun summer and winter parties, and lots of events during the year to celebrate various things with the staff. Its great to have a team who really cares that the clients are happy. Since most of our clients stick around for years we get to know them well, and have great client relationships.

Our CEO is a family man as well, and makes sure that we take our computers with us if bad weather is expected, just in case we cannot make it to the office the next day. We have flexible work hours for those who prefer an early or later start. We are a casual office which saves so much time in the morning, and its a short commute for me. We hire smart personable people to deliver great client solutions and have a support and IT technical team in the UK who are really on top of their game delivering our requests for client services.

It is a very similar company model to one of my first big jobs, and I am very happy coming to work each day where there are nice people to work with, interesting clients and work, and the stress level is low to moderate even on the most hectic of days. The building has a park-like setting so there are spaces to go outside and eat and relax, and ICSA provides beverages and snacks to keep us all going during our busy days.

This is one of my favorite jobs of all times. Highly recommend for truly technical people who like to work with same.

Cons

There are very few if any cons about working with ICSA. The only people that would be unhappy at ICSA are those who are not technical and would have to struggle to understand this very techie group and product, or those who crave the big company structure and a narrow window of responsibilities. Those who are technically oriented and like smaller companies where you wear many hats are very happy here.

Advice to Management

Keep those new sales coming! We are staffed and ready to handle almost anything you can sell around the world! Keep empowering this smart and creative staff with the best computers and e-tools and we will soar!

3. "Run the other way!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

I worked at ICSA Software International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pros of working at this company are you will have a lot of time to yourself in front of your computer. You can pretend to work if you'd like, as most employees there do. You probably only have to do an hour of actual work each day.

Cons

The list of cons is endless. The company doesn't know which end is up, and their product is really outdated and cumbersome. It's nearly impossible to operate it properly because IT DOESN'T WORK RIGHT. But with such a niche market, they don't have to innovate very much. They have Fortune 500 clients stuck with their product and they pay dearly for the privilege.

Advice to Management

Hire some new developers and totally redo your product.

5. "High Turn-over, Disorganization, and Dissatisfaction. A tech company stuck in the 90's."

Former Employee - Support Specialist in Stratford, CT
    Former Employee - Support Specialist in Stratford, CT

I worked at ICSA Software International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The office is casual unless a client is on-site. You can wear what you want to work within reason. There are great employees in the office who are genuine and friendly people, and a coffeemaker and free snacks.

Cons

Where do I begin?

ICSA is so disorganized, I am astonished that the company is still in business.

They throw employees in the water with next to zero training. This reflects poorly on the company, as new hires have no idea what they're doing. The company ends up looking incompetent. This is due to high turnover and little oversight.

They do not give regular raises or even a Christmas bonus, despite regular profits. Talented employees end up leaving after 1-3 years because of this.

They don't allow employees to work remotely, despite the fact the entire job can be done remotely (and often is, as 80% of the company is located in the UK).

The inability to even sometimes work remotely is a big point of contention since other software/tech companies give the option of occasionally working from a virtual office. This is traditionally one of the perks of working in tech!

Regarding the company's standing -- The SaaS aspect ensures a constant flow of revenue. Clients are largely dissatisfied with the product, but the cost of switching to a different system is so exorbitant, they just suffer through it. Company morale is also low, as nearly every employee hates the software. Clients are often rude and difficult, but it is to be expected when working with a confusing and buggy product.

The office is also a mess. They got rid of their Office Manager a while back, and it was a huge mistake. Confidential papers are just sitting out in the open, unfiled, and totally disorganized.

Unfortunately, I just cannot recommend this company. They will take advantage of you until you leave.

Advice to Management

Look at your insanely high turnover and take it as a warning sign. Honor your employment contracts. If you're increasing the scope of duties, increase the compensation. Do not throw new employees "into the water" without any sort of training. It reflects poorly on the company, causes stress, and makes the company look incompetent. Step into the next century, and like most tech companies, allow high-performing employees the option of working remotely. Hire an Office Manager.

6. "Good and bad points"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at ICSA Software International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fruit on Monday, treats on Friday, decent pension plan, working hours are good, pay is good for certain roles

Cons

Continuously hiring family members, friends of family who are unqualified for the jobs they are given.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring family and friends

"Medium size company- small minded stakeholders"

Former Employee - Software Developer in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Software Developer in London, England (UK)

Pros

- Some great people.
    - Most willing to help you out and chip in when required.
    - You will get involved in all aspects of the process.
    - Easy job.

Cons

- There are no priorities. Everything is important = chaos.
    - Organisation is disjointed- teams work in silos.
    - Finger pointing and blame game common.
    - No time given to development, both personal and as teams/organisation.
    - No overarching plan or company direction.

Advice to Management

- You need a culture change- that's not easy.
    - Listen to your employees- that is what you hired them for and if they are not up to the job hire people who know what they are doing and, again trust them to do the job.

"beware of fake reviews!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at ICSA Software International (More than a year)

Pros

initially a good employer, until you have to deal with draconian HR - 2 weeks notice for a day off!
    pay is ok - struggling to find pros here

Cons

Rampant nepotism. Dilapidated office. Never keep promises re training and job role. They force you out if they take a dislike to you. Horrible management

Advice to Management

Directors - be realistic and less stupidly demanding. You're running a mickey mouse company. Stop employing and favouring family and friends.

9. "Looking to the future"

I have been working at ICSA Software International full-time

Pros

Updating policies to benefit the size of the company.
    The company really cares about it's employees - you feel valued.
    Good career development opportunities.

Cons

Any cons are being ironed out and helping the company to grow successfully.

Advice to Management

Well done.

"Unprofessionally run"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at ICSA Software International (More than 3 years)

Pros

People in my immediate team are great.

Cons

- no career development prospects
    - the owner/CEO/CTO keep hiring friends and family members to roles/positions they have no qualifications for
    - then these family members are treated preferentially/ in a biased manner
    - the management isn't focused on developing the products effectively - they don't take user/client feedback into serious consideration
    - there seems to be no 'road map' neither for the company nor for the product(s)

Advice to Management

The company has a global presence - isn't it time to start managing it in a professional, effective manner?

"Great people, Poor oversight"

I worked at ICSA Software International full-time

Pros

- Great people to work with
    - Are opportunities for progression
    -Good office location

Cons

- A medium sized company with a family company mentality
    - Too many bottlenecks with senior management
    - Staff are unable to complete work properly due to these bottle necks
    - At times their can be a blame culture
    - Inconstant HR policies
    - Quite a lot of nepotism

Advice to Management

Trust your staff to deliver. Macro manage rather than micro manage. Stop hiring family members for roles they are ill suited for