ID Analytics Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
ID Analytics CEO Scott Carter
Scott Carter

1. "Outstanding CEO, great place to work"

Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ID Analytics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Employee-friendly culture. Solutions/products provide value to "society" so it feels good to help make them successful.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of.

2. "Fun company, very smart yet helpful co-workers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ID Analytics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work-life balance, smart folks around, good benefits, fun work environment.

Cons

There are no significant downsides. However, the Product portfolio could be enhanced so that Sales folks have more to sell. The Sales Leadership is lack luster, doesn't instill a lot of confidence. Product Management Leadership is not top-notch. Promotions are plenty, leads one to believe it's not based on accomplishments or merit.

Advice to Management

Give employees a chance to move around in different roles. Promote people to recognize them, not to please them. Take a second look at your leadership team, push them to perform better. Provide leadership development training to people who have been there for years, they have narrow outlook being in the same company for so long.

3. "Small growing division of Lifelock"

I worked at ID Analytics (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good working environment, good benefits, many volunteer opportunities, CEO cares about employees

Cons

Lifelock just acquired by Symantec, too much office gossip, questionable recent hires, open floor plan not working

5. "Marketing"

I have been working at ID Analytics full-time

Pros

There is much to love here, but I would summarize it as brilliant people, who happen to be nice and are focused on success. The culture is remarkable and a distinct strength. The focus of the company is on bringing unique data insights to the financial services industry. All teams work together to deliver services. Data scientists drive new models and innovations. Engineering (computer scientists) create solutions for major lenders. IT delivers reliable, high performance delivery. Overall, it is one of the healthiest companies I've every seen.

Cons

I'm not aware of any cons. People who don't fit the culture, struggle to self-direct, or prefer an aggressive culture may not fit it. I haven't experienced any of the management concerns expressed by others, but perhaps those don't reflect every department. Pay close attention during your interviews to ensue you are a good fit.

Advice to Management

Continue to care for employees as individuals.

6. "Best place to learn and grow!"

Pros

Great company with very smart and intelligent people. This is the key factor that makes IDA an amazing place to work. This is a great place to learn not just from your work but also from the people. Lastly, great work life balance. You honestly cannot ask for a better job!

Cons

I cannot think of any.

7. "Software Engineer Intern"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

Great people, Pleasant working Experience and lot of opportunities to explore yourself. There are sessions where a lot of new and existing technologies are discussed and you can take a lot from those sessions. Supervisors are super friendly and extremely helpful. They have events every month to help you socialize with your peers. Overall a creative and enjoyable environment.

Cons

I can't think of any negatives at this place.

8. "Enterprise Account Director"

Pros

The culture and the people

Cons

I do not have any

"Strong leadership at the top but not at the bottom."

Former Employee - California in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - California in San Diego, CA

I worked at ID Analytics full-time

Pros

This company pays well. That's the main reason why I took the offer. The benefits are great. CEO and a LifeLock leaders are very positive and friendly. Overall upper management are great people.

If you get a job offer at IDA take it. But don't make friends and limit your conversation as they will be used against you for a competitive advantage.

This company is not bad overall but my experience made me start looking for a job 2 months after I got there. Just keep conversationsending to work and you will be fine.

Cons

This company ignores when people violate their own code of ethics. Mangers look the other way if the employee is consider good at their job.

Employees often gossip and purposely attempt to make other employees look bad in front of one another by lying, cheating, and trying to frame people. The goal of this is to promote themsleves above others.This is just not lower level employees doing this. Once management is made aware of this (with email proof) they pick sides instead of trying to slove the issue.

Advice to Management

My goals for this review is for upper management to realize what is going on. I hope this company does well and I know it will be a great company to work for one day. But you need to understand that these employees who have the "latest gossip" are destroying the culture within. They create lies just to get ahead and are destroying careers for personal gain. They don't care about IDA they care about money. If they stay at IDA it will always destroy that culture your trying to desperate to build. If you truly want to know who is keeping you from being an amazing company ask who has the latest gossip and hasn't always gotten along with everyone in the team they worked with and then do a little digging and call a few former employees. Fire these leaches. The great job they do there isn't worth the lies and PAIN they spread.

10. "Good culture, smart people"

I worked at ID Analytics full-time

Pros

Lots of really smart people, positive working environment, good benefits

Cons

A subsidiary of another company so not totally free to make their own choices.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Culture defined"

Current Employee - Vice President, Product in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President, Product in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ID Analytics full-time

Pros

The culture.

But that’s a big, easy word, right? it’s a business-y, kitchy, over-used word that people use to differentiate their companies in a recruitment video. It doesn’t actually mean anything tangible.

So how do we define it?

It means when I get up in the morning, I know what I want to get done that day, and I have the power to do just that.
    It means I’ll get the help that I need to get it done.
    It REALLY means that when I can’t have that help, it’s just for right now, and because that person is working on something more important – legitimately.
    There are very little politics. People figure out how to say yes, and not no. and many times (not all, but no one is perfect), when you ask for help, they trust you ‘need’ it and don’t just ‘want’ it and that it’s actually good for the business. Sometimes you need to explain or clarify, but that usually just sparks their passion for your task.

I can actually go to HR for help, and not just administrative needs.
    I trust my boss and my boss trusts me.
    I trust my employees and (I hope) they trust me.

They make mistakes. I make mistakes. My boss makes mistakes. And you know what? We all own them and learn from them and move on without suffering “this is going in your permanent record” conversations.

Sometimes I disagree with my coworkers. But you know what – I know why they think the way they do and I might be wrong. Sometime we get frustrated with each other and sometimes even mad when I can’t make them understand me. But you know what? That goes away and quickly. it goes away with communication. We don’t have perfect communication, but it’s the best I’ve seen.

We email too much. we’re married to the academic a little too much. we’re optimistic to a flaw. we’re perfectionists so much so that it slows us down. we’re afraid to fail. We double check everything. We hate process and bureaucracy.

All the things I was taught through my career to value – and to keep in check. But here it’s not too bad – we get each other. And these are somewhat ok problems to have…because the opposite of each of those things is much, much worse.

so today we will define Culture. With examples of what it means, and why I love getting up in the morning and riding to work.

Cons

One thing we don’t do well with is people that don’t feel the same way. Clock punchers. Dispassionate professionals. People who wait to be told what to do. They don’t last long here, and quite frankly, that’s ok. We give them a lot of chances, but we’re not afraid to protect our brand, our culture, our family. Perhaps someday we’ll need to grow faster than we can keep our standards, but not today.

Advice to Management

keep pushing us and listening. but most importantly, protect our culture with ferocity! alway, always, always celebrate the times when we take down our billion-dollar competitors!