IRIS Software Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kevin Dady

"Private Equity company who cared more about profits than people"

I worked at IRIS Software Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay ok
    Opportunities to influence you wouldn't necessarily get in bigger companies

Cons

Snr Management didn't value or develop teams
    No central culture as business built up on acquisition.

2. "Great opportunities and Great People"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Manchester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Manchester, England (UK)

I worked at IRIS Software Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fantastic being part of a growing business with great ideas. Always good to have new product to sell. Team around you are great people and there are great opportunities to build a career.

Cons

Definitely have to take responsibility for yourself, a lot of new starters find this hard. Central services are pretty rubbish and given the company is growing fast you sometimes feel they don't understand what is going on. Sales management is tough and on it, but I guess if you don't like it don't join sales.

Advice to Management

Spend a bit more time understanding that you have great people and they want you to succeed as well. Invest in them and you are well set to achieve your objectives

"Sales - Stop forcing people to write good reviews."

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at IRIS Software Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Iris is a good place to work, especially for graduates to get sales experience (definitely more in the accountancy division than the SME division).

There is good progression if you're prepared to fight for it, but they really make you fight for it - a lot of promotions come from people handing their notice in.

Cons

It's pretty dog eat dog (as in most sales jobs) - we have clear jurisdictions for our areas but if there are any debates over deals being in your area you can expect to fight to the death with the other person, rather than have your managers independently verify the account (at least not properly).

A lot of promotions come from people handing their notice in. There's a growing frustration that graduates are exploited due to their lack of experience, rather than proactively promoting them based on their performance and skills they have developed. People shouldn't be driven to the point of leaving - we can easily get more money elsewhere!

Advice to Management

The idea behind this website is to allow people to independently review IRIS as a place to work. Asking people to write false good reviews to boost our ratings on here is wrong on so many levels - 6 high scoring reviews in 1 day last week is ridiculous!

Focus on the corporate culture - we have senior managers from Salesforce and other forward thinking corporates - surely they have brought an understanding of their famous culture - our sales team is predominantly millennials now, so try to think more like a millennial. Some of their policies for openness and transparency would go a long way in helping people feel more like a real part of the business.

5. "Great People"

I worked at IRIS Software Group full-time

Pros

Great people who have knowledge, passion and care about the products and services delivered to customers.

Cons

Some of the group functions like IS, HR and finance are very weak on process and this leads to minor things taking forever to achieve as there is no clear transparent process with proper ownership.
    Focus on the bottom line while understandable given the private ownership is too obvious to employees and becomes tiresome.

Advice to Management

Invest in better systems in the core functions and look at the strength in the people...I think there is a weakness in all these areas that needs talented people to fix.

6. "Iris"

I have been working at IRIS Software Group full-time

Pros

The Company is growing
    It is profitable

Cons

Work life balance is non existent as a concept. The company demands it's pound of flesh and then some.
    A blame culture is very prevalent within Iris. This comes stems from the senior management.

"Amazing Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Pros

Fast paced, competitive environment
    Great Incentives throughout the year including trip abroad every year for top sellers
    Amazing career opportunities
    Brilliant commission structure that allows you to earn a lot of money almost immediately
    Fast growing company with no sign of slowing down.
    Amazing people to work with
    Every individual is treated differently
    Training is a constant thing
    Perfect location at the centre of Manchester
    Overall, an amazing company to work for

Cons

Has the usual cons of any job but the pros completely outweigh them

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing :)

8. "Sales - Manchester"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

Pros

-Great people and really friendly atmosphere
    -Dynamic and fast paced
    -Rapid growth (the SME division doubled in size over the past two years)
    -Fantastic career opportunities
    -Friendly management
    -Top performers to go on all expenses paid holiday

Cons

Can not think of any

9. "Working within Iris sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

I have been working at IRIS Software Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love working at Iris. I have worked for the company for almost 10 years and would never go anywhere else. I feel extremely valued as an employee. My colleagues are great to work with as is my immediate line manager and higher management too. I have never been in another job role before where I have been more rewarded for my efforts and the commission is obviously a great added bonus too!! The commission that I have earned has allowed me to do things that I would never have had the opportunity to do before. Progression and career advancement is great too. I managed to progress my job role within two years of joining the company. I have also been able to take part in extensive training programmes that have been arranged by the company to help me to do my job to a better standard. Overall a great company to work for.

Cons

It can be a very fast paced environment at times and employees are expected to work hard for their commission but this should be an expected standard in any sales role.

10. "WORK HARD PLAY HARD"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at IRIS Software Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

amazing colleagues, the division is like one big family
    all managers / senior managers are happy to help
    incentives are great - staff bowling / party bus / early finishes / hot tubs / sweets booze / champagne parties
    targets are set each month and track records have proven they are achievable commission is great and has enabled me to afford to reach some of my personal goals
    progression is available as the division is constantly expanding
    i have read a review on here that has mentioned you will only progress based on being the sales directors "favorite" i find this to be completely untrue and would be offended to think that anyone would believe this i have been promoted purely on my own merit and hard work.

work hard play hard the aim of most sales based companies.

Cons

could we make free fruit day more than once a week :)

11. "Sales"

Current Employee - Consultant in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

I have been working at IRIS Software Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Positive atmosphere, great approachable team (including the CEO), everyone is willing to help when asked.
    I've never had an issue I thought I couldn't ask for help on.
    Company benefits offer better than most employers, competitive salary too.

You'll get out what you put in. Work hard, reap the benefits and you'll enjoy working here.

Cons

Sales incentives usually include booze, cake, an early finish, or all of the above (pretty sure they gave away a hot tub and a TV at one point) - So you'll need to join a gym.