Illuminations Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 24, 2017

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Paulette Sun Davis

1. "A wonderful and fun place to work and have my child attend."

Current Employee - Substitute in Wasilla, AK
    Current Employee - Substitute in Wasilla, AK

Pros

As a substitute I can bring my son free of charge when I am called in and If I were full-time I'd get a discount on childcare. They make working there and children attending have fun. They have Wacky Wednesdays to get you though the week having fun. We have regualr park trips in the summer and constant art and other activities to get kids involved. The staff and management are awesome and work as not only a team but a family in some aspects. The kids love us. I really enjoy it and trust in them to care for my son even if I didn't work there. :)

Cons

Sometimes you get breaks really early such as an hour or so into your shift leaving you still with 7hours to work. They offer short 5minuter breaks if needed but it'd be nicer not to have such early breaks. I clean that place so wonderfully and it gets so messy within hours again. but it's a daycare you don't have much of a choice. They are constantly changing around people's schedules of the times they work and also the rooms they work in. I think they try to be fair but it can be a pain too.

Advice to Management

If childcare places offered more money in this field more people would be willing to work longer than a year. It's just a lot to deal with so many kids and so much going on for minimum wage to 8ish dolars and hour starting pay of 9 would b wonderful I'd like 10. lol

2. "Smart, classy, and qualified group of professionals"

Former Contractor - Case Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Contractor - Case Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Illuminations as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

All owners and providers working here fully believe in staying true to maintaining professionalism and following all ethical procedures in relationship to providing mental health services.

Cons

As of 2015, they were rather limited as to the number of clientele and actual services being provided.

Advice to Management

Grow your company and see to it that it reaches its full potential.

3. "My experience at Illuminations provided me the opportunity to understand the responsibilities as a supervisor."

Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Illuminations part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment was aesthetically amazing and my co workers were exciting to work with. The constant change of the product with the seasons made the position fulfilling.

Cons

Being that the company was small the opportunities to succeed and move up in the company where minimal.

5. "Loved it, until Yankee Candle came along"

Former Employee - Store Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

They were a great company to work for that offered unique products.

Cons

Yankee Candle ruined it for everyone, employees obviously and customers.

Advice to Management

My district manager was awesome and so was the CEO of the company.

6. "Illuminations was a great place to work and I am proud to have been a contributing senior exec with the company"

Pros

Overall great place to work. Close knit company with a family like feel. We worked closely together to drive results and create a near ideal corporate culture.

Cons

Resource constraints and the flat corporate structure made large scale initiatives difficult to drive to completion without giving up on work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Smaller square foot stores in high traffic A malls is the ideal store format for the company and brand. Migrate the store fleet to the more productive small store format to drive increases in profitability.