Impulse Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

Impulse Technology Reviews

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good experience on IT business"

Former Employee - International Sales Consultant in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - International Sales Consultant in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Impulse Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In general a good work environment. During my tenure there was a very collaborative team because of well defined profit sharing on sales projects.

Cons

Besides some mixed messages from management on performance evaluation, communication on change of strategies was limited.

Advice to Management

Provide employees with clear metrics on expectations to set short and long term objectives by market and region.

"Impulse Technology is a Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Impulse Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really enjoy working with Impulse Technology. I have been with the company for 4 years. I have been given the opportunity to be promoted and to really focus on the areas that are of interest to me. The management really tries to make sure that you are going to be happy with what you are doing and to present you with opportunities to grow. It's a work hard, play hard environment. The team is very friendly and team oriented. Impulse Technology, has provided me with a great work environment that allows me to grow and great people to work with.

Cons

I can't really think of any cons...There are days when things get hectic and a bit stressful, but I am not sure where you are going to work that doesn't have that.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, because it is appreciated. Thank you for the opportunity and for the great place to work!

3. "Not the worst place to work, but surely not the best"

Former Employee - Network Technician in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Network Technician in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Impulse Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In the beginning this was a fun place to work you will get your hands on different equipment that you may not get to play around with in a production environment. The immediate coworkers were pretty cool for the most part just like anywhere else. You get a pretty decent amount of freedom and they do understand that things do happen in case you need time off.

Cons

This place definitely uses the "Good ol' boy system" so if you're in good for you, but if you're not, you should probably start looking. They don't focus on certifications or higher learning. In fact I think I was the only tech with any certifications at all. Mgmt can be a little sketchy at times, but for the most part they are ok. I'm talking about upper mgmt. Lower mgmt is quite flaky and to be blunt I would rather rather make a deal with the devil and sell my soul then work with lower mgmt ever again. The biggest regret about working there is that I should've spent more time looking for another job.

4. "Big Promises are hard to keep"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Impulse Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They promise you the world and with unhindered opportunities. Their slogan is "excellence" Benefits are ok and if you are one of the successful reps, you can take time off as desired.

Cons

Some senior staff can be really childish in the way they handle certain situations. A lot of bending the rules or making exceptions to policies to make things more comfortable for them. No true "training" and sink-or-swim environment.

Advice to Management

Promote from within and stop with the corporate-style control. This is not a large company and management style should reflect reality. Give everyone a chance to contribute to more co-op style projects instead of the "everyone for themselves" mentality. There needs to be a much better sense of direction from management and more accountability for mistakes and blunders instead of the "I didn't say that" "I don't know know what you're talking about" responses.

5. "Not a place for growth, innovation or advancement."

Former Employee - Sales in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Impulse Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

An opportunity to get exposure to the wholesale IT industry for a newbie. Not much in the way of management layers so if you want you can talk to the owner daily you can.

Cons

No opportunities for career growth. You are pretty much on a island from day 1. Very little collaboration. No desire by management to take any risks or try anything new.

Advice to Management

Trust good people when you have them and provide more than a desk and a phone. Put a little more skin in the game.