Inditex Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Pablo Isla Álvarez de Tejera

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good salary and punctual payment" (in 15 reviews)

• "staff are friendly, the staff discount is generous (25% for full time staff)" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance sometimes is not equal but it depends on which country you work" (in 10 reviews)

• "No work/life balance, long hours due to fact that only few people has to clean up the mess after store closed" (in 9 reviews)

1. "Junior Finance Specialist"

I worked at Inditex full-time

Pros

Offering meaningful advice,Unlimited income potential,Work schedule flexibility,Creativity in practice structure.

Cons

High stress,Meeting quotas,Continuous education,The work can be a grind

2. "Ok"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Inditex (More than a year)

Pros

great pay, great experience, great coworkers

Cons

overworked, disorganized, management does not help out, store manager is rude to employees

3. "good benefits"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Inditex part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

there are discounts as benefits

Cons

very stressful place to work

Advice to Management

i don't have any advice

4. "It was an ok experience."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

Pros

Good pay for starting job, coworkers are usually fun to work a long with. We get uniforms and company gift cards during Christmas season.

Cons

Corporate culture is terrible, management is unorganized, they expect you to work 38 hours as part time, it was uncomfortably stressful for a part time retail job

Advice to Management

Get it together.

5. "Biggest Let Down, Company of my dreams ended up being the company from hell"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Inditex part-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Amazing pay for a retail job. $13 per hour plus 1% commission of what the store makes that day divided among all the employees, really adds up since my store alone usually makes over 100k in a day and especially if you work weekends.

2. Lots of hours, which can be seen as a con if you need time for yourself.

3. Free uniform that changes every few months. As a male sales associate I got a suit; blazer, 2 pairs of pants, 2 shirts, and a pair of sneakers.

4. Amazing friendships, I’ve met some great people while working here and they're the ones that truly got me through my shifts.

5. 25% discount with a $3,000 yearly spending limit. It can be used at Zara Home, Bershka and Massimo Dutti as well. All employees also get a $100 gift card for Christmas.

Cons

1. NO WORK LIFE BALANCE. REQUIRES 100% COMMITMENT. IT WILL FEEL LIKE YOU ARE SPENDING YOUR ENTIRE DAY HERE.

2. As a sales associate you are expected to do a lot which can be very stressful at times. Communication is bad and I've seen my store director yell at other managers many times.

3. No respect from management and no recognition of putting in hard work. I see sales associates and visual merchandisers that work really hard at their job and they're always the first to get yelled at by managers even though they're the ones who work the hardest. Other employees literally do nothing and only act busy when a manager is around.

4. Clear and blatant racism. Some may say this is a company practice, ask any current associate in New York and they will definitely agree.

5. FAVORITISM. IF YOU ARE POLISH, ALBANIAN, OR SPANISH then don't worry you can do whatever you want.

6. Promotions? Where? I've talked to people who have been sales associates for 3+ years and are interested in being promoted.

7. Your requests off for holidays, vacations, doctors visits will be ignored. You have to remind management 1000x times.

Advice to Management

Value your people, train your people, build up your people, they are your greatest asset. One day you will fail because all your people will leave. I love this company but a lot needs to be changed because you are failing your people.

6. "Manager in Training"

I worked at Inditex full-time

Pros

Good employee discount.
    4 weeks vacations a year.

Cons

Terrible upper management and HR.

"Inditex"

I worked at Inditex full-time

Pros

- Great Benefits
    - Room for Advancement
    - Excellent Policies and Training
    - Variety of Locations & Flexible Hours

Cons

- Can be High Stress Environment

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I loved working for this company.

8. "Zara"

Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser in New York, NY

I have been working at Inditex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits for full time employees, pays pretty well

Cons

Shady with payroll and hours, too sales and money goal driven in the stores- creates a high pressure environment, a lot of issues with management in many stores, a con of the internal highering is that many people are getting promoted because of time in the company or personal friendships with higher ups- not necessarily because they’re qualified

9. "associate/cashier"

I have been working at Inditex part-time

Pros

decent wages comparing to other retail companies of this level

Cons

management, no work to life balance

10. "Not what you expect"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Inditex part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The discount was pretty sweet, and seeing the new collection of clothing was fun. Also if you wanted to hold an item you can hid it in the back of the store and buy it when you felt like it (being held for more than 24hours). You also pretty much get first dibs on sale items.

Cons

This was probably the worst place I’ve ever worked at. Management was horrible! And the customers were just as worse. You’ll be worked like a slave (and I don’t say this lightly). The reason I left was because they basically made me choose between school or that job, and school was WAY more important, but they didn’t see it that way. Horrible vacation/time off. If you didn’t show up for your shift on three separate occasions, even with a valid excuse, you would be fired. You are replaceable and they know that, so they treat you however way they want. Overworked, underpaid, not worth it.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and do something that show you appreciate them (and I’m not talking about a discount).