Infinity Rehab Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Michael Billings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good benefits, company core values, annual symposium (CEUs) (in 6 reviews)

• Run by therapists who know what our world is like because they have all been there (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management have been out of the patient care realm for quite a while and have little understanding of field work (in 5 reviews)

• Large company, productivity expectations, sub/par annual raise (in 3 reviews)

1. "Excellent company to work for!"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist

I have been working at Infinity Rehab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a company that really cares about its employees. They place a strong emphasis on employee satisfaction and professional development. Infinity Rehab makes it a priority to be honest and transparent about everything. Fair compensation, great support from managers, and opportunities galore!

Cons

I have not identified any cons.

2. "Rehab"

I have been working at Infinity Rehab (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

The productivity is always on your mind

3. "COTA"

I have been working at Infinity Rehab full-time

Pros

They do employ licensed therapists.

Cons

Poor communication and leadership response/reaction to employee concerns on local and Corporate levels.

"Good company with good benefits."

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Shoreline, WA
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Shoreline, WA

I have been working at Infinity Rehab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love my team that I work with! Enjoy going to the yearly symposium and free online CEU courses. Flexible scheduling overall, DOR willing to work with you and alter schedule to take a long weekends here and there.

Cons

Hours fluctuate ranging between 20 to 40 depending on census. The company decided in Sept 2017 that they would not be matching 401k for previous year (2016). Medical and dental benefits are mediocre and the cost continues to go up every year. No real ability to move up or progress in this position.

Advice to Management

More focus on team building and in services on CEU would be nice.

5. "A Company that Cares about its Heart and Soul!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Infinity Rehab full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Forward-thinking. Leadership has a Vision and knows how to achieve it.

Cons

Employee milestone recognition is lacking. Co-worker has been here for 10 years and not even a pat on the back.

Advice to Management

Roll out some sort of employee recognition program like any normal company. Other than that, y'all are doing great!

6. "Great company"

Current Employee - Outpatient Clinical Director/Physical Therapist in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Outpatient Clinical Director/Physical Therapist in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Infinity Rehab full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ethical practices, Great supervisor, Good pay,
    Focused on what’s best for employees as well as patients, offers a yearly symposium to employees.

Cons

For the outpatient clinics in the ALFs in NE, all the contracts were with one company, so when that company decided to do their own therapy, Infinity lost almost every building in NE.

7. "Good place to work with a few cautions"

I have been working at Infinity Rehab full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment, good benefits, ability to work your way up in the company, good pay, lots of facilities to choose from. When your facility is slow they will find you work elsewhere (if you are willing to travel ), treat you well when you’re traveling.

Cons

Can turn on you quickly, a lot of double speak when you bring up issues, not enough support from middle management (ARD level)

Advice to Management

Take complaints from staff about management seriously, show that you’re working towards improving issues. Better support from ARD’s for staff and within facilities, especially ones in the outlying areas.

8. "Infinity Rehab is a great place to work."

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Salem, OR
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Salem, OR

I have been working at Infinity Rehab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Infinity has a strong emphasis on delivering optimal outcomes for every patient through high intensity treatment specific to each patient functional limitation. Infinity has spent significant time and resources identifying evidence based standardized test useful in assessing functional limitation and training staff on administering and interpreting test. Infinity is also focused on developing each and every employee's leadership skills to improve their ability to treat patients, interact with family's, work with coworkers, and promote change and challenge the process. I feel as though I have grown significantly as a therapist during my 2 years of employment. Management is proactive in addressing changes in the healthcare to keep the company/employees informed and on the cutting edge.

Cons

My only complaint is that wage and benefits are less than comparable companies in similar settings but this is offset by reduced productivity expectations which improves the work environment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. It is great to work for a company which is run by therapists who understand the work environment and demands placed on front line clinicians. They have found a nice balance between reasonable work expectations, compensation, and professional growth opportunities.

9. "Striving for Excellence"

Current Employee - SLP in Newberg, OR
    Current Employee - SLP in Newberg, OR

I have been working at Infinity Rehab full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Infinity Rehab’s mission is to provide the best therapy possible. Along those lines they provide lots of opportunity and encouragement to grow your personal, clinical and leadership skills. Infinity is always looking for ways the company and therapists within can do more for the populations we serve. Infinity provides support for clinical growth and research opportunities to achieve the best clinical outcomes possible. I am encouraged to stretch and grow as I develop and hone my clinical skills. I love working for Infinity Rehab! I’ve been with the company for 11 years now and have no plans on leaving.

Cons

Productivity is always going to be a factor (barring some future change in the insurance/Medicare payment system). I wish we didn’t have to worry about productivity. However, an 85% average is manageable with the support provided.

Advice to Management

Thank you Infinity for all the opportunities to grow as a clinician and a leader, including but not limited to, the 3 practice councils (PT, OT, SLP), mentorship programs, leadership academy, Director of Rehab-In Training, clinical outcomes studies/trials...

"Therapist"

I have been working at Infinity Rehab full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Frequently open positions and good opportunity to meet a lot of people.

Cons

Visit during lunch to notice the number of employees documenting during their lunch break. During the hiring process, productivity standard is represented as an average performance but in reality it is strictly managed as a daily performance expectation. Productivity is hour by hour each day. You will be told to clock out, check your productivity and explain yourself while off the clock daily. Treatment times are scheduled to the lowest number of minutes to meet the highest billing unit.
    Most staff within the company is new to the field. High turnover is standard because those with experience seek a position where they are appreciated. Managerial positions are typically filled by assistants in order to pay them less. In my experience, most managers balanced their demands as true leaders. On the other hand, some offered no compromise, could offer no advice except “do your job!" Many work related communications while off the clock are expected . I was encouraged to take home documentation materials so that productivity/metrics were met. This therapist owned company is impersonal with a very corporate feel. Upper management have been out of the patient care realm for quite a while and have little understanding of field work.

Be aware that financial corners are cut at every opportunity. As an employee hired full time to a building, you will be expected to travel substantially. Read reimbursement details carefully. Most likely, in practice you will become a floater at an hourly rate that doesn’t reflect your actual work as a traveler. Reimbursements may be promised only to be delayed two months or ultimately denied. The company stopped all continued education funding. 401K is not vested until 5 years of work are completed. That means 5 years of full time hours -so if you average less hours a week it could actually take much longer than 5 years to see your investment actualized.

Working for Infinity you have the opportunity to learn a lot in a short time in various locations due to the companies footprint. This large footprint means therapist are treated as number and not a person. Raises were never more that 1.5% despite meeting all expectations and a good performance review. Unfortunately the best way to a raise is to find a different job. Please, when interviewing on location visit during lunch time and pay attention to the number of employees documenting during the 'lunch break'. When I objected to working off the clock, I was threatened with a write up. A disappointing amount of their technology is slow and doesn't keep pace with the companies fast paced productivity standard. The company’s move to IPads has led evaluating therapists to wrangle over laptops.

In September, you will be told to submit all vacation time through years end. Their rigid framework is not congruent with the flexibility expected employees. PTO is approved at the last minute leaving you no time to plan. Keep in mind they may boast of PTO as compensation but once you give notice, half your balance is taken. Any reimbursement earned in six months prior to giving notice is taken from your last check. Issues with employees are handled via progressive punitive discipline with no semblance to two-way adult conversation. Health benefits cancelled, aggressive micromanaging, PTO requests denied for no reason, demands to travel without prior agreement. Threats and intimidation are commonplace from middle management. You will get a bimonthly newsletter. In this newsletter upper management has bragged of European vacations and other topics highlighting the large disconnection between management and therapists.

It is the company's culture to work off the clock and especially so during lunch breaks. Just visit during lunch to see for yourself. Other ways that you will be expected to work off the clock include scheduling patients, cleaning, meetings and waiting to clock-in on a five year old busted laptop.

Your Facebook account will be monitored and you will be questioned about it. Company does not offer former full time employees a PRN rate above their previous full-time hourly rate. To sum it up, they don’t value experience. Therapists beware!

Advice to Management

Value experience, listen to complaints, micromanaging is a core value of your company and would be best focused in staffing department