InfoReliance Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Andrew Butler

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There were also work from home opportunities, which allowed for good work life balance (in 3 reviews)

• Flexiblity with your work/life balance (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Disconnected, incompetent upper management; no clearly defined career path and no education benefits (in 5 reviews)

• While compensation in monetary terms is good, work-life balance varies from minimally acceptable to horrific (in 3 reviews)

"Inforeliance provides the opportunity to develop skills in many different roles."

Current Employee - Consultant in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at InfoReliance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Inforeliance is made of up of very intelligent, knowledgeable people. There's a lot of talent here.

Cons

There is a lack of processes and when new processes are implemented, there is no reinforcement and people tend to revert back to their "old ways" causing extra work.

Advice to Management

Management needs to better recognize achievements with promotions and monetary compensation. Unfortunately the more you give, the more they take.

2. "InfoReliance"

I worked at InfoReliance full-time

Pros

They allowed employees to telework from home at least once a week

Cons

They are not loyal to all employees

3. "Growing company that invests in their employees"

I have been working at InfoReliance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of growth potential, training & development work/life balance, great awards program that gives employees the opportunity to receive performance bonuses at any time

Cons

Nothing terrible that can't be fixed. Some communication between different teams and upper management could be improved. Same with better streamlining certain processes.

4. "IR"

I worked at InfoReliance full-time

Pros

Fast growing company, nice place to work

Cons

no cons nice place to work and grow

Advice to Management

none, company is growing and on track for good things

"Good Company"

Former Employee - Logistics Management Analyst in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Logistics Management Analyst in Fairfax, VA

Pros

I worked at InfoReliance for 2.5 years. Overall the company is good and I had great management on the various teams that I worked. From my experience, the salary is competitive. The company provides annual increases and I received several bonuses for my performance. There were also work from home opportunities, which allowed for good work life balance..

Cons

Training was not provided unless it benefited your current job. I believe that companies should invest in the talent they have, in order to retain good employees. While I do sometimes regret my decision to leave, lack of training is why I left this company.

Advice to Management

Provided cross-training and certification opportunities to your employees. Don't limit it to the training that InfoReliance thinks is important and don't limit it to a person's current job.

6. "Good Entry Level"

Pros

InfoReliance is a very flexible company.

Cons

Although a great company I was at a off site location and the same values of the company was not uphold at the work site.

"A great place"

I worked at InfoReliance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I always knew InfoReliance was a good company - but it wasn't until i left that I realized exactly how good. If you are a smart, motivated software developer - work here. you will be among the best in the business in the DC area. YES, i know, that seems like a wild claim for a government contractor but I mean it - the technical leaders at InfoReliance blow pretty much anyone out of the water.

Cons

ummm..i don't work there anymore? no, really - like any decentralized organization, communications are tough to maintain between HQ and people in the field.

8. "Great company for driven individuals"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at InfoReliance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at InfoReliance for over two years and it has been the best work experience in my career so far. The company has many top-notch consultants that are great to work with. The management team has a strong vision for the company and gives individuals the opportunity to take ownership and control their professional growth. Leadership recognizes excellence and challenges you to be better.

Cons

I have nothing for this section, my experience has been very positive.

"Highly Recommend IR"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I worked at InfoReliance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They offer tremendous opportunities for employees to build up their skill set. Their partnerships with many industry leaders offer a symbiotic relationship in which both employees and employer benefit from the former bolstering their resumes.

I've always been impressed with this company and the people working here.

Cons

I have nothing to add to the mandatory Cons section. This is a great place to work.

"Mediocre is a compliment"

Pros

There are some really talented and hard working people here. If you are lucky enough to get them on your team, you'll learn a lot, be inspired, and have fun at work.

CEO is really nice and approachable.

Cons

For as many good people that work here, there are almost twice as many below average people. There is no middle ground. I have never experienced a company so willing to hang on to incompetent people who aren't suited for their job just to have a body. Senior management doesn't seem to recognize how much of a burden these individuals are to the team dynamics (employee engagement, morale, and work/life balance). At this very moment, my team suffers with longer hours to compensate for the inefficiency of other team members. Why should we suffer and try to succeed "in spite of" the team instead of "with" the team? Imagine the kind of work we could do if we had a team filled with knowledgeable individuals who knew how to do their job.

The company seems to be reactive instead of proactive. They will not give good raises, but will match offers. If you appreciate someone, you should show them.

I've seen comments repeated in other reviews about management not listening. I didn't think it was true because I am always able to communicate with my manager and be heard. Mid level managers are not the problem. Senior management/executives are the ones not listening.

There is diversity in the company, but no diversity at the executive level (to the point that it is uncomfortable aka 40+ white man club). There is no clear career path on how to move up in the company.

Advice to Management

ATTN: Senior Management

Be proactive.

Listen to your people.

Stop looking for bodies and start looking for talent.