InfoReliance Reviews | Glassdoor

Andrew Butler

"Good Company"

Former Employee - Logistics Management Analyst in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Logistics Management Analyst in Fairfax, VA

Pros

I worked at InfoReliance for 2.5 years. Overall the company is good and I had great management on the various teams that I worked. From my experience, the salary is competitive. The company provides annual increases and I received several bonuses for my performance. There were also work from home opportunities, which allowed for good work life balance..

Cons

Training was not provided unless it benefited your current job. I believe that companies should invest in the talent they have, in order to retain good employees. While I do sometimes regret my decision to leave, lack of training is why I left this company.

Advice to Management

Provided cross-training and certification opportunities to your employees. Don't limit it to the training that InfoReliance thinks is important and don't limit it to a person's current job.

2. "Good Entry Level"

Pros

InfoReliance is a very flexible company.

Cons

Although a great company I was at a off site location and the same values of the company was not uphold at the work site.

"A great place"

I worked at InfoReliance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I always knew InfoReliance was a good company - but it wasn't until i left that I realized exactly how good. If you are a smart, motivated software developer - work here. you will be among the best in the business in the DC area. YES, i know, that seems like a wild claim for a government contractor but I mean it - the technical leaders at InfoReliance blow pretty much anyone out of the water.

Cons

ummm..i don't work there anymore? no, really - like any decentralized organization, communications are tough to maintain between HQ and people in the field.

5. "Great company for driven individuals"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at InfoReliance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at InfoReliance for over two years and it has been the best work experience in my career so far. The company has many top-notch consultants that are great to work with. The management team has a strong vision for the company and gives individuals the opportunity to take ownership and control their professional growth. Leadership recognizes excellence and challenges you to be better.

Cons

I have nothing for this section, my experience has been very positive.

"Highly Recommend IR"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I worked at InfoReliance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They offer tremendous opportunities for employees to build up their skill set. Their partnerships with many industry leaders offer a symbiotic relationship in which both employees and employer benefit from the former bolstering their resumes.

I've always been impressed with this company and the people working here.

Cons

I have nothing to add to the mandatory Cons section. This is a great place to work.

"Mediocre is a compliment"

Pros

There are some really talented and hard working people here. If you are lucky enough to get them on your team, you'll learn a lot, be inspired, and have fun at work.

CEO is really nice and approachable.

Cons

For as many good people that work here, there are almost twice as many below average people. There is no middle ground. I have never experienced a company so willing to hang on to incompetent people who aren't suited for their job just to have a body. Senior management doesn't seem to recognize how much of a burden these individuals are to the team dynamics (employee engagement, morale, and work/life balance). At this very moment, my team suffers with longer hours to compensate for the inefficiency of other team members. Why should we suffer and try to succeed "in spite of" the team instead of "with" the team? Imagine the kind of work we could do if we had a team filled with knowledgeable individuals who knew how to do their job.

The company seems to be reactive instead of proactive. They will not give good raises, but will match offers. If you appreciate someone, you should show them.

I've seen comments repeated in other reviews about management not listening. I didn't think it was true because I am always able to communicate with my manager and be heard. Mid level managers are not the problem. Senior management/executives are the ones not listening.

There is diversity in the company, but no diversity at the executive level (to the point that it is uncomfortable aka 40+ white man club). There is no clear career path on how to move up in the company.

Advice to Management

ATTN: Senior Management

Be proactive.

Listen to your people.

Stop looking for bodies and start looking for talent.

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sumter, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sumter, SC

Pros

Seek opportunity elsewhere. This is NOT the company for you!

Cons

Management is very unprofessional. The PM gossips with employees about other employees. Little opportunity for upward mobility.

Advice to Management

Seek stronger, more professional management.

"Great place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Fairfax, VA

Pros

Some of the best people in the industry work at IR. It's a low drama work place where the focus is on delivering quality work for great clients. Compensation is great and people are given opportunities for growth.

Cons

Company could benefit from better strategic planning, a focused business strategy, and investing in internal support resources.

Advice to Management

InfoReliance is a great place to work with many opportunities. A more focused strategy and improved internal services would help take you to the next level.

"Great, young IT company"

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Stafford, VA
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Stafford, VA

Pros

Employee satisfaction is priority; Management is energetic and positive; Focused on employees' career development; Telecommuting is almost SOP

Cons

Fluctuating contracting environment leaves little room for advancement during slow times

"Excellent exposure to the world of consulting"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

Pros

The people at IR are full of passion, intelligence, and talent. The company has a very strong Microsoft and AWS track record with a large amount of foreseeable future growth. If you want to learn what it's like to be a true consultant, understanding the entire process from contracts to requirements to development to testing to client relationships, then this is the company for you. The company has a particularly strong small group of exceptional consultants that promote new ideas and inject energy into those around them. Bonuses are rewarded for hard work. Direct report project managers take care of those that put the time in. The salary is good as well. Benefits are pretty standard. If you work hard and want the full experience, you will gain a lot at your position here. Knowledge sharing among consultants is well done.

Cons

The education benefits are small but that's to be expected for a (relatively) smaller company. If you aren't at HQ, it can feel pretty distant at times. There's little formal training available, but there are fantastic mentors available. You don't have to work a lot of hours, but it's typical. People on this site complain about upper management, and while I don't have anything negative to say about them, I can't give much praise either as I don't feel involved with them much.

Advice to Management

Provide more formal training to elicit a feeling of company culture and processes. Communicate more to your employees.