InfoReliance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 12, 2017

3.2

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InfoReliance (Fairfax, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call back the next morning for a phone interview. Scheduled my in person interview on the same day. I met with the hiring manager first to learn about the company and the role then, the team joined in to answer/ask questions. Last, the manager left the room so that I can talk to the team without him. The in person interview was a 3 step process all in one day and took about 1.5 hours (30 minutes each step). I had to reach out to them approximately a week later to find out the result. The entire process took aboout 2 weeks.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at InfoReliance.

Interview

HR phone chat, then technical phone screen, then an on-site interview with others in a similar role (software engineer in my case), as well as a tech lead / chief architect ("Principal Consultant") and upper-level management (including CIO). They want to assess whether you know not only the technical side, but also whether you have soft skills, because professionalism and communication are especially important in a client-facing consulting role.

Interview Questions

• A few "do you actually know your tools" questions (e.g., pass by reference vs. pass by value; public/private/protected/default; design patterns; etc.), and writing some code (by hand, not on a computer).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stafford, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at InfoReliance (Stafford, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

Thorough, but relaxed. It was obvious they like to hire the best of the best. This interview was a three-step process - 1) a phone technical interview, 2) an in-person formal interview, and 3) a test to demonstrate writing abilities and knowledge of the tools used. The HR department was great at keeping me updated on the progress (contingent hire).

Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at InfoReliance (Fairfax, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

Easy going, typical, nice manager, nice suite, laid back, I liked the environment and people, not scary or too intimidating... job sounded in my range and we talked about the duties and schedule

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shaw AFB, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InfoReliance (Shaw AFB, SC) in February 2010.

Interview

Applied online through DICE. I received a call form a recruiter within a few days and she setup a technical phone interview. After passing that, I flew up (company expense) to the HQ in Fairfax for a 1:1 interview with a senior partner. It was a very relaxed interview that was mostly behavioral and he wanted to see if I was a good fit. It did not focus on technical skills, but just an overview of my general background.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that was difficult in the workplace and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I gave them a number and they agreed to it. It is best with this company to shoot high and be prepared to accept their counter offer.

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at InfoReliance (Washington, DC) in September 2009.

Interview

The pre-interview process with InfoReliance consisted of a phone interview with an HR-person and two 10-question canned interviews with what I felt were extremely easy questions (although one question was a trick question, but it was still pretty easy).

The in-person interview was very thorough and made me enthusiastic about joining the company. I had a two part interview, first with two technical people and then with my prospective less-technical manager.

The technical interview was very good and we delved into some deep discussions and reviewed fine points. I could tell I was doing well because the interviewers were excited and kept asking more detailed questions. At one point I said something one interview felt was incorrect and he actually blurted out excitedly "You're wrong." and gave what he felt was the correct response. I replied calmly, "There may be a bug in the particular implementation you're using that requires that prefix, but it isn't required according to the official specification." In general, the technical detail of the interview made me excited for the job and working with other smart individuals.

The manager interview was pretty straightforward. He talked all about the project and how it was 80% done and they needed someone to finish after they had to fire the last developer due to an HR-related infringement (I later learned that employee had used a racial slur in referring to a coworker).

Overall, I was pleased with the interview and accepted their offer. Unfortunately, that turned out to be a mistake, but I'll leave that to a separate company review.

Interview Questions

• In C#, given a question about passing an ArrayCollection of class instances and an ArrayCollection of struct instances, find how to implement the method in each case.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was a bit of a problem, in my opinion. I accepted the job in a Virginia location with the promise that when the contract ended in six months I would be transferred to a DC location. When the contract came close to an end, nobody knew about this promise and there was no DC position available. Actually, every position available had a set of problems associated with it, so I chose to only stay for the initial six-month contract.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at InfoReliance (Dumfries, VA) in September 2009.

Interview

applied online, received a call from an internal recruiter. the recruiter conducted a technical phone screen. was contacted the next day to request an in person interview. interviewed with 4 people. was made an offer at the end of the interview and accepted.

Interview Questions

• there really weren't any difficult questions as the position was technical and it involved my major skill set. i suppose they did ask me to identify a weakness (which is one question i never like in an interview). i'm not sure what my answer was, but i guess it worked for them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really wasn't any. I asked for a salary that was commensurate with my experience and they agreed it was fair and added 5k.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InfoReliance (Fairfax, VA) in February 2009.

Interview

Screening interview. Followed by a panel interview of several levels of employees. An applicant will typically always meet with the same vice president. Whom is the gatekeeper to all hires. Despite, not being an actual line manager. Standard questions. Usually behavioral, ie "How would you handle the following situation...?" etc. Recruiters are pretty good at keeping in touch with applicants.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

My advice in negotiating anything is "never accept a first offer". It sets a better tone if you negotiate on something. Ask for $5k more? There usually is a back pocket offer amount higher than what they are offering. Or ask for increase leave based on your years of experience. Most companies will negotiate on that.

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Had a good interview with the recruiter. Then another technical interview which I did very well. It lasted about 30 minutes. I'm waiting to meet higher management, hopefully an offer is forthcoming.

Interview Questions

• The obvious questions about my current work, etc. The technical interview related to Microsoft active directory, power shell, and scenarios on how do this and that. All in all, the interviewer was very nice and cordial.   Answer Question
    • Adding a domain to existing forest running 2008 R2, what are the FSMO roles, from a command prompt what is the command list a directory, VMware questions, resource pools, affinity rules, and the difference between HA and vmotion.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InfoReliance in February 2010.

Interview

The interview styles vastly different from one person to another. While some employees are very good at asking detailed questions, others may touch a broad-stroke surface.