Inland Reviews | Glassdoor

Inland CEO Mark Glendenning
Mark Glendenning

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Love coming to work every day!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

I have been working at Inland full-time

Pros

Inland is a family owned company led by people who really do care about their employees. I felt that when I first walked in the door and I still feel it today. The culture at Inland is evident by the large number of long term employees that work here. Many people have been here for 20+ years. The pride in the work done day in and day out is unbeatable. Inland also really values growing their employees, often promoting from within and providing educational opportunities to employees. Aside from that, Inland is a very family-friendly place to work, with great work-life balance. Pay is excellent, work is appreciated, and people are friendly. It's truly a team, and I love coming here every day.

Cons

Inland is a growing company spread out over numerous locations. Any company in the same situation is going to experience some growing pains. However, while change can be difficult, I think it's important to look at it for what it really is: opportunity. I feel that the continued growth and success of Inland as a company only means greater opportunity for all employees.

Advice to Management

Keep communication open to all employees and find ways to seek their feedback.

2. "Assistant Account Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Account Manager in Neenah, WI
    Current Employee - Assistant Account Manager in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Inland full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Inland is a very easy company to work for. Very little stress and people here are genuinely happy. The company is growing rapidly and it's been really fun & exciting to be able to grow with them. I am so glad I made the move to come here after 28 years with another flexible packaging company. Your opinion is greatly valued here which is a really nice feeling. I would highly recommend this employer to anyone who is thinking of applying here.

Cons

I haven't run into anything I would consider a con. For me I have to drive a little further than I did for my previous job but it's worth it.

Advice to Management

No advice really. My experience with Management has been very pleasant. My Manager is always there if we need her help or if we have any questions but she allows us to work independently.

"Average workplace"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downingtown, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downingtown, PA

I have been working at Inland full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Promotions from within the company, cell phone stipend for those it's relevant to, flexibility with work/life balance, and quarterly meetings from senior management that update you on company performance.

Cons

No HR onsite, questions to HR will be ignored or go unanswered for days, practice of favoritism is too visible, legacy management of previous company that Inland acquired still remains which decreases potential efficiency. Nepotism is rampant and will frustrate you if you hate laziness

Advice to Management

Start fresh at the PA plant with new head figures. Evaluate the performances of supervisors with more scrutiny. Continue listening to lower ranking employees, especially production. Stop ignoring warning signs multiple employees give to you about certain onsite managerial practices that in other companies would result in dismissals.

4. "Successful, growing buisness and professional development"

Current Employee - Director in La Crosse, WI
    Current Employee - Director in La Crosse, WI

I have been working at Inland full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Inland has grown tremendously over the years. Growth in business and growth in career development. Employees are empowered to create change, make improvements and truly be a part of the process. Dedication, hard work and willingness to change helped my career at Inland continue to develop and become successful. Inland's leadership group supports employee growth as we are the most important asset in the company!

Cons

Business growth can have it's challenges. This creates opportunity for improvement and forces us to look at our business models differently and change accordingly. This is a good thing!

Advice to Management

Continue support for business growth and professional development, folks that want to grow and change will take advantage of it and can succeed!

5. "Great place to work, very personable."

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Lacrosse, WA
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Lacrosse, WA

I have been working at Inland full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Inland promotes from within before they look outside of the company. This is a very positive step for current employees to be able to advance within the company.
    Inland has purchased established company's and new product lines to continue to stay completive in the market, this has lead to many opportunity's for growth within the company. We now have new markets in multiple locations to help with logistics.

Cons

We now have new markets in multiple locations which doesn't always help with logistics. At times reactionary to issues instead of proactive causing "fire fighting".

Advice to Management

Continued communication. Don't always use the LOOP for communication but send out emails or verbally communicate issues that need attention.

6. "Great Work Place"

I have been working at Inland full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Inland offers an excellent environment to work in, with lots of opportunities to learn and advance your career. A family run company with a family atmosphere. Great co-workers and good management. It's a growing company with lots of room to grow in.

Cons

Growth means change so you need to be adaptable to change. Sometimes we spend too much time trying to make things perfect, as opposed to leveraging incremental gains in a more timely fashion

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and allow employees to grow. Ensure we take time to celebrate successes.

7. "Great place to grow"

Pros

Inland has been a wonderful place to grow as a professional. They have provided me with every opportunity to develop as a professional and to advance my career within the company. They have encouraged me to receive ongoing education and learning opportunities with outside parties and have given me the flexibility needed to have a successful career and still enjoy my personal/family life. Inland cares about their employees and truly wants the best for them. They expect hard work and dedication but provide an excellent place to work, competitive salary for our location and good benefits. I have enjoyed working for Inland and plan to stay here for the duration of my career. Being able to wear jeans every day is an additional perk that I enjoy!

Cons

Currently experiencing some growing pains as Inland has experienced a lot of growth and is working through being a local company to a growing organization with multiples locations within the US.

"Really nice place to work for, friendly co workers and leads"

Former Employee - Label Line Associate in La Crosse, WI
    Former Employee - Label Line Associate in La Crosse, WI

I worked at Inland full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Swing shift allows you to get personal stuff done on week days. Friendly work environment and training is really good.

Cons

Pay is lacking a little, better as you move up but pretty low to start out, needs to come up

9. "Inland is a great organization to work for with many opportunities ahead of them!"

I have been working at Inland full-time

Pros

At Inland, you do not feel like "just a number". You truly feel as though you are part of a family. Inland works well with difficult schedules and understands the importance of having another life outside of work. Almost everyone is engaged and looks forward to coming to work. If an issue is brought to management, it is dealt with, not just swept under the rug. Inland values the opinions of their employees and truly cares about the individuals that work for them.

Cons

Inland is experiencing some growing pains at this time. The organization has taken on 2 acquisitions in 2 years and has broadened their expertise and has really set themselves up for success in the coming years. However, many departments do not have adequate staffing and individuals are being stretched thin.

Advice to Management

Listen to departments and staff accordingly with the workload and hold your management team accountable.

10. "It's A Family Here!"

I have been working at Inland full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The single largest pro to working at Inland is it's family atmosphere. People here really do care for each other and want each other to grow as people both from a professional and personal level. I can tell you that regardless of any specific event that may occur, I am proud to be a part of the Inland family.

Inland is also growing. We are expanding into new markets and product segments. As we acquire and expand, that continues to allow for new opportunities for current and/or new employees. It has been fun to see successful growth and I certainly appreciate all my peers efforts as I know they appreciate mine.

Cons

Inland is growing. With growth comes some communication gaps. Although they work hard to close those gaps, some gaps sill exist.

Advice to Management

Keep the family atmosphere as you grow. I understand its becomes more difficult, but keep up the good work on caring for people first.