Inland Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Inland CEO Mark Glendenning
Mark Glendenning

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Inland full-time

Pros

Competitive pay, benefits and hours

Cons

Poor communication and no room for advancement

Inland2018-01-12
  2. "Find somewhere else to work."

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Inland full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It's a job. Not much else.

Cons

Outdated machines. Low end quality.

Inland2019-06-01
  3. "Very poor track record wIth employees"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Inland full-time for more than a year

Pros

there are some good people working at Inland.

Cons

Employees need to feel valued, inspired and appreciated. High turnover shows a LOT of work is needed in this area. there’s micro management running rampant. These upper managers/directors know nothing about the business. They aren’t respected. They obtained their jobs through “personal “ relationships (if you know what I mean) Don’t make the same mistake I did. Look for a properly run “family” business.

Advice to Management

the company refers to itself as a "family" business. Just look at the high turnover which says something entirely different.

Inland2019-02-03

Inland Response

February 11, 2019Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. We agree – there are some good people that work at Inland! Inland recruits and hires people based on their skills and abilities. Our employees come from a variety of backgrounds and locations across the globe, but we share these characteristics: Dignity, Integrity, Passion, Selflessness and Impact. We certainly aren’t for everyone, but many employees have built successful and meaningful careers at Inland. If you would like to discuss your experiences further please contact us at HR@inlandpackaging.com so that we can set up a time to talk. Thank you again for the feedback. It helps us make Inland a better workplace. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

4. "Flex"

I worked at Inland full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people and staff to work with

Cons

Tough to communicate to management

Advice to Management

negative

Inland2018-10-02

"operations"

Former Employee - Operations in La Crosse, WI

I worked at Inland full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

people, owner are good, good presses

Cons

less salary, less salary, ask non compete to sign

Advice to Management

pay more and retain employees

Inland2018-05-11
  6. "Employee"

Former Employee - Employee in French Island, WI

I worked at Inland full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to work if you have been there for 20+ years. If your not then you are not treated the same. Different standards depending on who you are.

Cons

Management has a different set of rules for each person. Disiplines are not carried out equally.

Advice to Management

Treat all employees according to the guidlines Inland has in their handbook.

Inland2018-04-24
  7. "A growing company"

Former Employee - Dedicated Employee in Neenah, WI

I worked at Inland full-time for more than a year

Pros

Inland is seeking rapid growth in flexible packaging market it is a nice family owned company, the people are friendly and most enjoy working there

Cons

Inland does not have a lot of experience in the market in which they are entering and will need help in getting to where they want to be in the near future.

Advice to Management

Look to exploit employees strengths, give direction and help with their perceived weaknesses. Don’t look for certain purchased equipment to carry you to where you intend to go, there are much better options that will get you there better, faster, and fuel the growth you seek.

Inland2018-03-02

"Toxic work environment"

Former Employee - Engineer in La Crosse, WI

I worked at Inland full-time for more than a year

Pros

Inland's headquarters is located in beautiful la Crosse wi.

Cons

Management uses manipulation to accomplish their goals without regard to the impact on plant personel. Every cost cutting opportunity is pursued in the name of lean manufacturing. I personally experienced lying and fear tactics used by my manager. The HR department is so distant from what happens behind closed doors.

Advice to Management

Inland's management needs a cultural reform that will change their view of people as "bodies" to instead the most valuable assets (pillars) of the company.

Inland2017-12-02
  9. "Assistant Account Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Account Manager in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Inland full-time for less than a year

Pros

Inland is a very easy company to work for. Very little stress and people here are genuinely happy. The company is growing rapidly and it's been really fun & exciting to be able to grow with them. I am so glad I made the move to come here after 28 years with another flexible packaging company. Your opinion is greatly valued here which is a really nice feeling. I would highly recommend this employer to anyone who... is thinking of applying here.

Cons

I haven't run into anything I would consider a con. For me I have to drive a little further than I did for my previous job but it's worth it.

Advice to Management

No advice really. My experience with Management has been very pleasant. My Manager is always there if we need her help or if we have any questions but she allows us to work independently.

Inland2017-06-15

"Average workplace"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downingtown, PA

I have been working at Inland full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Promotions from within the company, cell phone stipend for those it's relevant to, flexibility with work/life balance, and quarterly meetings from senior management that update you on company performance.

Cons

No HR onsite, questions to HR will be ignored or go unanswered for days, practice of favoritism is too visible, legacy management of previous company that Inland acquired still remains which decreases potential efficiency. Nepotism is rampant and will frustrate you if you hate laziness

Advice to Management

Start fresh at the PA plant with new head figures. Evaluate the performances of supervisors with more scrutiny. Continue listening to lower ranking employees, especially production. Stop ignoring warning signs multiple employees give to you about certain onsite managerial practices that in other companies would result in dismissals.

Inland2017-06-14