Inogen Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Scott Wilkinson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Flex time, Pto, free coffee, dress code" (in 8 reviews)

• "Good benefits and employee stock purchase plan" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Poor communication and lack of accountability from upper management" (in 12 reviews)

• "The choices they have made and are continuing to make not only affect the sales rep but also the patient" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Patient Services Technical Advocate"

Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Inogen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Supervisor is flexible and will work with you

Cons

Certain employees that are related to management tend to receive favoritism.

2. "Customer Service Rep"

I have been working at Inogen full-time

Pros

OK for entry level sales.

Cons

Company is growing too fast, and cannot keep up with marketing/sales, employment matters.

Advice to Management

New managers and supervisors should not be given new teams. New employees are not supported. Managers and supervisors take no ownership of their lack of knowledge or management skills.

3. "Inside Sales Training Experience Boost"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Texarkana, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Texarkana, TX

I worked at Inogen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent job for promoting and nurturing phone sales and inside B2C training.

Cons

No room for growth, constantly hiring people and having to go through too many hoops to fire incompetent employees.

4. "DTP sales rep"

Current Employee - DTP Sales Representative in Brooklyn, OH
    Current Employee - DTP Sales Representative in Brooklyn, OH

I have been working at Inogen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Commission and competitive base salary. Actual work-life balance!!
    Everyone is great. Very laid back and relaxed, which you don’t normally find on a sales floor.
    You actually help people too.

Cons

Slow seasons kind of suck. But the busy seasons make up for it

"DTP"

Current Employee - DTP in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - DTP in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Inogen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed worked schedule, good benefits

Cons

Too many to mention, tremendous over hiring has thinned leads horribly, It appears that the market is saturated, companies lies inflate what you can make...High stress every 90 days to make quota, 0 job security, lousy leads, everyone is looking for a new job and my training group has only been on the floor for 2 weeks. We really do not see how we would afford to buy stock with what is paid out on thin commissions.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring, you are wasting valuable resources training people who will leave once they realize this is not the 70K a year job you stipulated in job description. Train correctly by shadowing other dtp reps unless they are resentful for working with thinning leads. Could be a great opportunity if management slowed down to catch up with market

"Sales"

Current Employee - DTP Sales in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - DTP Sales in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Inogen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great product that helps people. Enjoy most of the people I work with. Potential to make the money you need to support your family. Casual environment. Good benefits and employee stock purchase plan.

Cons

Extreme high growth is thinning out quality leads. CRM is not being used to maximize potential. Order entry review for rental program is taking WAY too long. Needs to be some tweaks in training new reps. Classes are to large to ensure new hires will be able to hit the ground running while at the same time being compliant.

Advice to Management

Slow down a little. Aggressive growth goals are great, but when there are issues that keep popping up time and time again shift the focus to fix the issues. Example: the leads that are coming in now are not any different than the leads that came in last month or last year but the quality of leads has not increased to compensate for the aggressive growth in DTP Sales. The 7 day rule is a great idea in theory. In reality some of the best leads we get are people that don't buy immediately. This demographic does not want to be hounded once a week. Most sales are either within the first 1-2 calls or after 2-3 months. 14 days was working great. I get it..... "Speed to lead"..... half the time when I get a new lead that hasn't been redistributed, it was from 12-24 hours earlier (CRM not being utilized properly) I hope you read this Scott. Inogen is pretty amazing and every place I have ever worked has had it's fair share of issues..... more than here to be honest. I just want to be able to continue to see the company, my co-workers and myself all be successful.

7. "DTP"

I have been working at Inogen full-time

Pros

Flex time, Pto, free coffee, dress code

Cons

Cold calling, old leads, smelly bathrooms... No ongoing training or development

Advice to Management

Good luck

"Dtp"

Current Employee - DTP in Brooklyn, OH
    Current Employee - DTP in Brooklyn, OH

I have been working at Inogen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The easiest sales job I've ever had, in terms of the customer and short sales cycle. Laid back atmosphere, can dress how you want, patients are easy to talk too.

Cons

No new leads, dirty work environment, unprofessional managers and supervisors. This company needs to look inward to grow outward. They project the portable market to grow at a fast rate, however the hiring they are doing is extreme. I was much busier during the day when i started last December, now the leads are spread so thin we are bored calling dead numbers all day. This is not the $70-100k job they are promising, the company is a scam and should be ashamed of how they are treating their employees that have families to support. It was good the first few months i was employed until they started over hiring. The amount of people buying direct from us isn't increasing as much as the market for portables because of local providers, and resellers that also take our business from reps.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring! Take the tacky billboard down and start promoting the actual product. Stop hiring managers that don't know the business processes. Hire stronger leaders in management that will help grow the company and develop strong sales reps. Or continue to have high turnover and bad company morale.

"Need to utilize current employees."

I have been working at Inogen full-time

Pros

Good coworkers and a great product

Cons

No room to advance....buddy system

10. "Sales"

Former Employee - DTP in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - DTP in Dallas, TX

I worked at Inogen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great product that truly can be a life changer.

Cons

Hiring anyone that breathes at this point just to maintain the image of a high growth company for the stock price.

Advice to Management

Why not focus on quality sales people are who can sell and increase sales? Increase sales with good sales people and watch your stock price grow. The way it’s going now, it’s only a matter of time before the stock price and company fall.