Inogen Reviews | Glassdoor

Inogen CEO Raymond Huggenberger
Raymond Huggenberger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management does not have a good pulse on the day to day negatives of the job for reps (in 12 reviews)

• They micro manage and hire some of the worst sales people who are basically there for socializing (in 4 reviews)

"New Hire"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Inogen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm only a week into the training, but I can't say anything negative about this company. So far so good! The training is great. It's very informative, and nothing boring about it. Instructors are great, and we even got a surprise visit from the CEO. I'm giving this review early on because I ve seen people say that training sucks, and in fact it is great!

Cons

So far nothing is bad. Good work Inogen! There is always a place for improvement, and this company is always striving for it. So far it's not just the talk, but also walk.

2. "Great place to work, excellent products, people & opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Inogen full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have a great team and excellent support from management

Cons

There are some people who don't earn their keep

Advice to Management

Keep listening and addressing our ideas and concerns

"Best sales job"

I have been working at Inogen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This has to be one of the best sales jobs I have had! People call in or submit web inquiries because they are interested in our products. No Cold Calling !! Commission is awesome and for the most part, the support I get to do my job is good. I really like being able to manage my earnings during weekdays and not have to work lots of overtime and weekends to make it happen!

Cons

Negativity from some coworkers. If things are bad, we all have choices we can make. I wouldn't be here if things were that bad - they simply are not!

Advice to Management

Keep investing, caring and helping us succeed!

4. "Great Product"

Current Employee - Billing in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Billing in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Inogen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great time off, free coffee, free tea, benefits are good. Company rewards the employees with great functions, monthly birthday celebrations, Christmas parties, spring picnics, Halloween celebrations, and extras in between.

Cons

Sometimes the work gets monotonous.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing for the employees, the atmosphere is positive and informing.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Inogen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual dress- free coffee and an ice machine.

Cons

Pay changes constantly and 'management ' loves to SPIN it so that you are not supposed to believe that you are losing money. So much greed- no raises-always wanting more-sweats touting their profits- but no benefits to you as a 'sales person'! Where else can one sell a product for $3495 and pocket a paltry $162?????

Advice to Management

Get a clue and care about employees- people work too hard to be worried about making a good living-

"Great Product bad Management and Training"

Former Employee - Sales in Richardson, TX

I worked at Inogen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Product does sell itself to people that can afford it

Cons

People hired to sell are thrown out there with virtually no training. There is a lot to learn from the systems to medicare and 5 days of brief overview with motivational speaking from a want to be motivational speaker doesn't count. Floor "supervisors" are people that didn't really have the numbers to be sales people so they applied for the supervisor role to get off the phones because they probably weren't going to make it long term . No paid maternity leave btw. Good luck if you are female with a family or about to start one.

Advice to Management

Provide hands on training to deal with medicare and sales. Stop with the week long motivation big picture training and actually hire a trainer.

"Product is a success. Upper Management a failure"

Current Employee - DTP Sales in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - DTP Sales in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Inogen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The good news is if you ever need to go on supplemental oxygen this is the product to go to. It truly does change peoples lives. I personally have patients call me back thankful for finding out about our portable concentrators so that part of the job is rewarding knowing you are helping someone.

Cons

Management and supervisors. Let us just say for a company that has a great product and does really well on the NASDAQ, it is amazing how poorly the sales department and for that matter billing is run. This begins from the top on down. The leadership in sales is clueless when it comes to their salespeoples needs. They micro manage and hire some of the worst sales people who are basically there for socializing. They literally hire you if you can breathe.

As far as Managers are concerned, there is possibly two competent Managers. Hiring managers with no experience has not worked out well either.

Supervisors do not know their roles. They are mostly DTP sales people that failed in their position so they rather be paid a steady salary and do nothing else. They micro manage, and don't bother to assist the many sales people who are clueless. Knowing all the supervisors as I do, I can count one person who is competent. The review of DTP sales people on the managers and supervisors basically spoke to how they feel about their superiors.

And now they installed a new sales program. And in usual Inogen Sales protocol they screw that up as well. No real planning even though they had months to prepare. A very Helter Skelter set up. Now patients can not connect to their representatives who have been taking care of them, and the program itself is a mess. Training? That's funny. Leadership in this organization is a complete fail and joke. Thank God for some of the senior reps who cover for much of the incompetence.

Advice to Management

Clean house. Talk to the people who are actually selling your product and actually want to work. Stop micro managing. Do you think people who are there to make money want to be micro managed? We want to make money just as much as the company. If you're intention is to let go of your top producers and keep the incompetent ones who are there to drink on the job and use the work place as their spa, then you are well on your way to your goal. Here is one more tip. Get a dress code. The outfits in the office are an embarrassment. I don't know if I am going to work, or to the club or a pajama party. Take some pride in your employees appearance. This goes for management as well who sometimes dress as if they are going to a luau. Inogen, wake up.

"Get ready for a mass exodus"

Former Employee - DTP Sales in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - DTP Sales in Richardson, TX

I worked at Inogen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Was a good company to work for, great product. It's a product that people want and more important , they are willing to pay for. No cold calling.

Cons

Two things. Leadership is non existent from both executive, upper management and supervisory. The other is the new program they installed which treats employees like sheep.

Advice to Management

Start getting ready to interview many new candidates on a weekly basis because turnover will be high. Trust me on this.

"Sales job"

Former Employee - Sales in Richardson, TX

I worked at Inogen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Outstanding product that helps out so many people, and depending on your manager you can be successful and make some good money,
    Good owing hours and grate benefits

Cons

Depending on your manager you will either get some additional training and help so that you can succeed or you will get one of the bad managers and you will be part of the High turnover.

This is a company in complete disarray for so many reasons 1. You only have 2 competent managers out of the 4 managers and then you have this supervisor position that are under each manager and they are sometimes better but not much
    2. Training is a joke it is sink or swim so you better be a person who knows how to come in and do what you need to do or you will fail .
    3. You have a few people who have lasted for 2 years or more and they are the real reason why you make it if you need help because they bend over backwards to help the new people with little or no reward.
    Communication between departments is a joke because they have none ,and the back billing department and customer service department are short handed which causes problems for the people in sales who make all things possible but are never given any credit .
    4. The managers and supervisors are always in meetings instead of helping out the people under them ( more one one training and support would make a world of difference.
    5. If you are not a very successful sale person but good at details you will be CEO of this company one day because they only promote very low to average sales people along with people who don't really want to make things better , but if you have years of management experience, and are a successful sales person you have Zero upward mobility.

Advice to Management

Try helping your teams more and spend less time in meetings ,and you can't sell the product yourself try to limit your advice on how to be a successful salesperson

"NoTraining"

I worked at Inogen full-time

Pros

Good benefits and great pay.

Cons

No formal training, constant change, very disorganized.

Advice to Management

Invest in a formal training class for all employees and continuous training program.