InsideOut Networking Reviews | Glassdoor

InsideOut Networking Reviews

3.4
CEO

1. "Best Job I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - Virtual IT Support Team Member in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Virtual IT Support Team Member in Troy, MI

I have been working at InsideOut Networking full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Continuous innovation on managing IT assets for businesses and general customers. New challenges daily, which makes work interesting and rewarding, but not overwhelming. Core values are tailored to help employee's succeed, and focus on accomplishing tasks as a team. Multiple opportunities to advance within the company, including paths for current students. Management is open to all feedback on policies and procedures, and encourages open discussions at all times.

Cons

Work can be difficult at times, but the low-stress environment, and team-centered approach make resolving issues a rewarding experience.

Advice to Management

Continue providing paths to grow within the company, and keep providing an excellent work environment.

2. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior IT Management Team Member in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Senior IT Management Team Member in Troy, MI

Pros

Excellent, fast paced work environment that keeps you busy and engaged. Always an opportunity to learn new things, expand your knowledge and feel rewarded doing so. Management, staff, guiding principals, and core values are all positive and empowering to employees. Lots of growth potential and the ability to have a voice in how the company works and how the company will grow.

Cons

The fast paced work environment will keep you busy all day but that is broken up by breaks and company outings which make it fun. If you want to dedicate yourself and like staying busy, this isn't really a "con" because the continual work makes the day go by fast and helps build your multitasking, communication, problem solving, and technological skills quickly. Dedicate yourself and there are endless possibilities at this company.

Advice to Management

Keep rewarding positive performance with positive feedback and incentives. Keep working with staff to assist with growth. Keep working to build the company and generate even more opportunities for growth.

3. "They are openly willing to pay the least amount possible, using non-compete contracts to lock employees in."

Former Employee - Shop Manager in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Shop Manager in Troy, MI

I worked at InsideOut Networking full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It can emulate a paid internship which beats not being paid at all, although the salary hardly competes with a crew member position at McDonald's.

Cons

I felt taken advantage of, "working my way up" to a salary lower than what was originally determined at the beginning of my two years of service.

Advice to Management

Pay employees what they are worth, and at least make them feel like a valuable team member if a fair salary isn't feasible. Stay away from manipulation by non-compete contracts, as if you have a vast array of valuable trade secrets. Keep your word...

5. "Not willing to work with new employees"

Former Employee - Service Technician
    Former Employee - Service Technician

I worked at InsideOut Networking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a decent tech opportunity in a smaller business with room for advancement. Other than that, there's nothing very good about this job.

Cons

They showed very clear that they weren't willing to work with trainees. They beat it into your head why they do things, and how much better it was than everyone else (which it wasn't), but they don't show you how things are done, and just leave you to do them on your own. All the training material is outdated, and it felt like I was in a college class with all the paperwork and binders and everything. I told them that I didn't know their process for doing different things, and they told me to 'just guess', and when I did that, they would go back and tell me how wrong I was, instead of telling me how to do it in the first place.

Advice to Management

Revise your training to show people what you want done instead of making people feel like garbage