Institute for Applied Behavior Analysis Reviews | Glassdoor

Gary W Lavigna
  1. Featured Review

"Behavior interventionist"

Current Employee - Behavior Interventionist in Sherman Oaks, CA

I have been working at Institute for Applied Behavior Analysis full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of training, learning, and playing with kids! Getting to work in different settings with lots of supervisors and other staff. Lots of opportunities for growth

Cons

Driving to sites, but unavoidable

Advice to Management

Love the groups/trainings and getting to spend time learning with fellow employees

Institute for Applied Behavior Analysis2018-09-26

October 8, 2018Recruitment and Retention Specialist

Thank you for your positive review! Our mission at IABA includes making sure all employees working conditions foster constant improvement and open communication. We value your feedback and know the drives to sites can be long, but so worth it for our kids and your own professional ...

2. "Love IABA!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Institute for Applied Behavior Analysis full-time

Pros

Amazing core values & philosophy. Many extremely long term employees (5, 10, 15, 20+ years)! Flexible schedules within variety of departments. Great benefits. Amazing team members who all have the same goal of helping the people we serve!

Cons

Still very paper based. State funding rates need to increase so pay rates for employees can increase. Challenging to find number and caliber of employees needed to support the population we serve.

Institute for Applied Behavior Analysis2019-06-11

"Wonderful place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Institute for Applied Behavior Analysis full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Competitive pay, supportive management team, flexible hours, rewarding work.

Cons

Hours can be long, depending on availability

Institute for Applied Behavior Analysis2019-02-26

"Very Flexible"

I worked at Institute for Applied Behavior Analysis full-time

Pros

Worked well with school schedule. Very supportive team. Informative onboarding education.

Cons

Low wages, but you felt like you were making a difference in someone's life.

Advice to Management

More frequent check-in. Provide solid feedback and advice for staff with difficult clients.

Institute for Applied Behavior Analysis2019-01-01

January 14, 2019Recruitment and Retention Specialist

Thank you for providing a review of IABA! We are so thrilled to hear your Onboarding was informative and educational. We have been vamping up our New Employee Orientation to make sure it is effective, efficient, and of course fun! Thank you for seeing the value in your work every ...

"Great place for growth, development and experiances!"

Current Employee - Clinic Administrator in San Diego, CA

Pros

Growth potential Flexibility family oriented Great mentors within the company

Cons

Driving/Traffic (not really something that can be avoided due to the bad traffic in San Diego.

Advice to Management

More group face-to-face gatherings

Institute for Applied Behavior Analysis2018-08-29

October 8, 2018Recruitment and Retention Specialist

At IABA we value positive relationships between staff and the people we serve so we love your idea involving more face-to-face gatherings! Thanks for the positive feedback and we hope you continue to have experiences that bring professional and personal growth and development!

6. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Ventura, CA

Pros

I love working for IABA. I've always loved what I do, who I work with and who we work for. It's amazing to improve the quality of lives for our folks.

Cons

I would not mind more pay.

October 8, 2018Recruitment and Retention Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We loving working at IABA and are thrilled to hear you love it too! As you mentioned, we get to help improve the quality of life for folks every single day and we are delighted to do so! Regarding your comment about pay-- we completely see your point ...

7. "Love the work IABA does"

Current Employee - Manager in Camarillo, CA

I have been working at Institute for Applied Behavior Analysis full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits for employees, great services provided to individuals served, flexible schedules and hours available

Cons

Pay is competitive to other similar agencies, but still could be better, short staff

October 8, 2018Recruitment and Retention Specialist

The team here at IABA is thrilled to hear such good feedback! We strive to provide our employees with great benefits and flexible hours ! We have done a lot in the last month to enhance our recruitment efforts and are seeing more qualified applicants apply every day! We encourage ...

8. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Staff in Camarillo, CA

I have been working at Institute for Applied Behavior Analysis full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great health benefits. All the clients are in good health.

Cons

Would be nice if they give annual raise.

Advice to Management

Pay raise

October 8, 2018Recruitment and Retention Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are so glad to hear that you enjoy working with your team members and your unique work perks!

9. "Employment Specialist"

Current Employee - Employment Specialist in Camarillo, CA

I have been working at Institute for Applied Behavior Analysis full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Set hours Monday through Friday. Good communication between management and staff. Really cool clients to work with. Strong commitment to clients needs.

Cons

Very often short staffed which makes getting time off difficult. Pay rate seems very low for the amount of experience and commitment needed from employees.

Advice to Management

Review current rates of other agencies to create a competitive pay rate.

Institute for Applied Behavior Analysis2018-08-09
  10. "Community based"

Current Employee - Senior Employment Specialist in Camarillo, CA

Pros

Excellent evidence based training and support plans

Cons

Behavioral challenges really burn out staff. Additionally, competitive wages in other companies makes it challenging to keep quality staff. Extremely short staffed.

Advice to Management

Make wages more competitive to match cost of living in the state of California.

Found 41 reviews