Intact Technology Reviews

Former Employee, more than 8 years

Truly Unique Workplace

Nov 2, 2020 - Senior Consultant in Reston, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Intact is a diverse and growing company to work for. You can build a career here that will provide the skills and experience to last a lifetime. The The culture is unique in that access to senior management is available at all levels and everyone is very supportive of each other.

Cons

The company is growing and will be changing the way things happen. You need to be able to adapt sometimes quickly. Significant travel may be required as well.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

This is the place... Progressive company focused on customer outcomes and people

May 15, 2020 - President in Reston, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership, innovation, and laser focus on providing customers with superior outcomes with very little risk. Very strong moral/ethical compass. Incredible team of people throughout.

Cons

There really are no cons...

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company and awesome people

Jun 17, 2020 - Junior Consultant in Reston, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership Smart and emotional intelligent people Yummy healthy snacks Great out of college salary A lot of independence Overall, quality benefits

Cons

A lot of independence Growing company and usually performing at a fast pace

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

This company cares about people!

Apr 3, 2019 - Consultant in Reston, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-I've never before worked for a company so committed to its people and so open to feedback. Management is highly concerned with the well-being of employees (and their families!) and goes to extraordinary lengths to 1) give all employees a voice (no matter their title), to 2) allow employees to explore their interests and passions (in some cases even creating their own paths/roles), and to 3) allow employees incredible flexibility and autonomy to take care of pressing needs in their personal lives. -It's also pretty incredible how much this company cares about its customers. I've literally seen Intact take money out of its own pockets to go the extra mile for customers. Having formerly worked somewhere where customers were nickel-and-dimed for everything, this is really refreshing. -Opportunities for remote work -Competitive annual raises

Cons

-Because Intact is so committed to employees and their well-being, it often gives people too much leeway, sometimes retaining people who don't positively reflect on the company and who might be better suited elsewhere. -No 401(k) match

President

Thanks for the feedback - of all the things I’ve read across our reviews I’m really happy our employees recognize our commitment to our customers and the different kind of experience we provide. I’ve been on the other side as a customer feeling nickel-and-dimed, and it’s a terrible feeling. We care about people, and are working hard to better serve our customers and employees everyday. Take care, Jesse White, President

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A great place to grow

Apr 8, 2019 - Project Manager in Reston, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Intact is truly a caring company that has the unique ability to bring the best out of it's employees. The management team does a great job of identifying employee strengths and putting them in a position to succeed while acknowledging weaknesses and rather than ignoring them, providing an opportunity to learn, grow, and improve. Failure is not a bad word at Intact, its a fact of life and something that is the driving force behind continued success through lessons learned and growth.

Cons

Intact is a company that is maturing and it matures processes are being defined. If you are someone that needs strict guidelines and hardened processes to feel confident in your work Intact may be frustrating for you at this point. On the flip side, you could see this as an opportunity to offer ideas and perspectives on new processes that could add great value to a company that thrives on forward thinkers!

President

Thank you for the feedback - we have a lot of work to do as an organization but it’s a great feeling reading our employees recognize our perception of every engagement, interaction, and “failure” as an opportunity to learn, grow, and improve. Thanks for taking the time. Take care, Jesse White, President

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The best company to work for ever

Aug 28, 2018 - Senior Technical Consultant in Herndon, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked in the consulting business for the past 25 years. Working for Consulting companies with 177k employee to ones with 50 employees. My experience with these companies have ranged from feeling like a billable number to been fed a line by management that was completely different when you were hired. I only wish I found Intact years ago. Working for this company has given me a new found perspective working for a consulting company. Intact truly are care about their employee. I say employee because you are made feel like you are their most important asset and they make you feel that way. Working at Intact you are not just a number or an hourly billable figure. I hope to retire working at Intact I am that committed to the success of Intact. If you work there you will too.

Cons

None. The work experience there is nothing like I have experienced before.

President

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our people are our most important asset and I'm really grateful for the group we have around us. We certainly have room to grow, but I'm happy to read folks feel so strongly about the environment we’ve created.

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Politics

Apr 15, 2019 - Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Intact is a good place to start up your technical career. They give you a chance when a lot of other Consulting firms will not. You can come in with no technical background and still be hired. A good stepping stone if you can deal with the politics. - Training period - Laid back environment - Work from home - Friendly employees - Work parties

Cons

A great deal of internal politics, they seem to play the favorite card a lot here. If you are one of the favorites, the potential to grow as an employee in Intact is amazing. If not, then good-luck. You will be given a great deal of downtime due to minimum work being assigned to you. I’ve seen a lot of employees being pushed down the ladder and given minimum opportunities to grow because of the favoritisms. One employee can be given a new project weekly with chances of becoming certified, while others are forced to do one small task for that whole month. An employee can reach out to management asking for an opportunity to grow, but depending on who you are......results can vary. If you are on the bottom of their favorite chart they will either provide you with a task that is below you, lecture you about your downtime, or bluntly let you know why they don’t think you are suitable for more work. An employee can request to become certified in something and management would tell the employee no, but then give another employee a change to become certified in what you asked for. Why not just give the employee that requested to become certified a chance, instead of handing it off to one of the favorites??? Management has a lot of different faces. Also the starting pay is below average especially living in this area (this includes pay for during the training and right after). If you can deal with all the politics/ favoritism and or on the managements ‘favorites’ list. You will do fine.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic Company to work for.

Aug 22, 2018 - Senior Technical Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have now been with Intact for about 1 1/2 years , I find Intact to be exactly the type of company that I have always wanted to work for. They are very employee and customer focused and drive for their employees to promote their ideas on ways to make the company better and for continuously improving the way that we provide service to the customer base. I would highly recommend this company for anyone that is looking for a growing , driven company.

Cons

At this point I have not discovered and Cons for working at Intact or being associated in any way with Intact.

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Job to start in the Tech World.

Jan 15, 2019 - Technical Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

-The company culture is very unique. They've made it their mission to create an optimal environment so work does not always feel like work. There is an open floorplan (which can be good and bad), food was provided often, and the team was great to work with. -Remote Work was an option and made it easy to handle personal matters or save money when commuting. HR was beyond great. The individual running HR was easily one of nicest and motivational people I've ever met. She carried herself so well that it made a lasting impression on me. You do learn the basics of Databases, Service Management, and tech support.

Cons

It seems like the company is split in two. There are the traditional Consultants and then a start-up like team of Technical consultants who's services are offered as a product. This could be hard to navigate at times and it seemed like the traditional consultants did not find value in the smaller team, and acted as such. For the small team, The method used to determine a salary is completely flawed. Usually teams of 5-10 individuals (with either no, or some experience in technology) are hired. They are put through a training boot camp to learn about tech, and the tools the company uses to provided value. After that training, salaries are distributed. You would think everyone in the class would receive the same salary , but the company bases it on factors that are arbitrary and in no way determines value. I've seen people put in loads of work making 55k while some people made much more doing less. It's a system that needs to change. The Salaries DON’T match the cost of living for the area. People are coming out of college doing the exact same thing but making almost 10-20k more. Pay people so they can thrive, not just survive. There was Obvious favoritism and this affected who would get better opportunities. It seemed like the same 3-5 people were the only ones given the chance to join good projects. How do you expect the people you hire to grow if they are doing monotonous tasks? You are only a consultant by name, not by work. Unless you are in that pool of 3-5 favorited people, you are nothing more than a glorified support agent who doesn't have to live on a phone. I was told that I had the opportunity to join the more traditional consultants after a certain amount of time, but it the company has create a revolving door of growth where instead of going up, you go around on the same team. Communication from Management was flawed. Do not make promises you can't keep, or give your employees your word and not follow through. I had colleagues who were completely left in the dark around their time on a project. People have lives and need to at least make accommodations based on the requirements of the project. Don't promise you'll make those accommodations for them or at least try, not follow through, and then leave your people hanging. It's a bad look and no matter how you spin it, as an employer all eyes are on you.

4 people found this review helpful

President

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to let us know what didn't work for you. I appreciate your recognition of our positive environment, awesome team, and flexibility. And you’re right, the individual running HR really is fantastic. I’m disappointed to hear we didn’t meet your expectations for career progression. We are improving our managed services team and product everyday, including working to better integrate and collaborate across the business. Your feedback will be used and analyzed to ensure situations like the ones you describe are avoided. We do things differently than other consulting firms, operating under a flat organizational structure and encouraging our employees to define their own career paths within the organization. We support our employees in learning new tools and expanding their skillsets, and provide the opportunity for lattice movement in addition to the traditional ladder. We care about our people, and know we have a lot to learn and a lot of work to do. We are proud to be one of the Washington Post’s Top Workplaces for the fourth year in a row, and use these accolades as fuel to continue learning and improving to better serve our people and our customers. I wish you the best and hope you find the right fit that allows you to develop personally and professionally in the direction you’re looking for. Take care, Jesse White, President

10. 5.0

Senior Consultant

Aug 22, 2018 - Senior Technical Consultant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Heard plenty of good things about Intact from peers, employees, and their customers. Referrals helped get me interviews. Great company, culture, management and executives. Coming from a very large company I was a little nervous, but they take care of their people like family. I read old reviews on here, don't see any that are valid. They recognize and reward talent and drive! Growing staff and companies they partner with and consult for.

Cons

I haven't found any yet, and many other review cons are outdated.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 32 Reviews