Intapp Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Former Finance Employee"

Former Employee - Finance in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Finance in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Intapp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the first review I have written on Glassdoor but I felt compelled to after a friend showed me a review regarding the G&A and Finance team. I unfortunately worked at Intapp for a short duration due to unfortunate personal circumstances. However the CFO who came from RMS is absolutely brilliant. He is the smartest CFO I have worked for and I learned a tremendous amount during my short time there. Additionally the Controller and FP&A Manager are wonderful people to work for and take a genuine interest in helping you develop your career. They take the time to explain questions in detail so the individual understands the underlying reason of why tasks are completed in a certain manner. The VP of HR has made it her mission to improve Intapp since she joined and in 2016 they were named one of the best companies to work for. Take each review with a grain of salt including this one, but I completely disagree with the review written about the G&A/FInance/RMS review. Intapp and the G&A leaders are fantastic people to work for who have a proven track record of success prior to joining Intapp. If it weren't for an unfortunate personal situation I would still be working at Intapp today. I highly recommend the company to anyone that is interested in pursuing an opportunity at here.

Cons

Since the VP of HR has made it her personal mission to improve all aspects of Intapp's culture and takes negative feedback from employees personally there aren't many cons overall. The toughest thing is dealing with the struggles of a growing company with system limitations but who can complain about working for a company that is growing extremely well with a great long term outlook and has transparency from the top down?

Advice to Management

Continue the passion and motivation that each executive has (especially the COO), it creates a fun and motivating culture for employees of all levels.

"Business Operations Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Challenging Work
    Work Life Balance
    Talented Coworkers
    Super Nice Management
    Work from home
    Free Snacks

Cons

No maternity leave and not so great health insurance plam

"Customer Support Engineer"

Former Employee - Customer Support Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Support Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Intapp full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

CEO is taking the company in the right direction. They build the best legal software in the industry. They've handled the competition successfully. The management is great and improving: They continue to hire excellent expertise, in particular for product mgmt. Strategy is being executed against plan, they really know what they're doing.

Cons

Growing fast, losing culture. Customers are noticing the bigger britches and they're complaining. I hope they can address the issues and make employees feel valued going forward.

Advice to Management

Keep going but don't lose sight of the employees!

"Great company to work for. Hidden gem"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Intapp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am very impressed by the company, its products and senior management. Intapp is a market leader in its space and is trying to penetrate new markets. For a company its size, it is structured very well and is quite organized. No politics and very smart and personable colleagues. The business model of the company works well and the company is growing organically for the most part which is very healthy.

Cons

Office is a little depressing.
    Management needs to interact with the staff a bit more. Lots of great ideas are lost otherwise. Having said that, I am not sure how open the management is to new ideas.

Advice to Management

Hire more technology people to balance the heavy presence of employees from legal industry background. Company needs more silicon valley thinking. Talk to new hires about their first impressions of the company, you might learn a few things about the company.

"Small but growing company in a niche market with a promising future"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Intapp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Emphasis on exceptional customer service, top-notch executive team with a very focused business strategy and real discipline around fiscal planning and execution

Cons

The legal market can be limiting, but the company's solutions and services are valuable beyond the legal space and I expect they can be successful expanding into other markets.

Advice to Management

Continue to value, and invest in, your employees and drive the business beyond the legal market to drive real growth

6. "Fair"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I worked at Intapp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very intelligent team, mostly approachable leadership, strong focus on company growth.

Cons

Can be very cliquey, communication could be better, and the office is depressing despite efforts to spruce it up.

"Lots of potential, strong direction on strategy, limited opportunity for professional growth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Intapp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart people and an open, intellectual culture. Strong awareness of company identity and marketing and sales strategy. Compensation fine for the area. Time-off and work-life balance is great.

Cons

Promotions are a bit of a disaster. Lack of clarity regarding opportunities for growth. Confusion regarding what people really think versus what they say.

Advice to Management

Don't make people feel they can thrive and then not deliver promises.

"Mediocre work environment, but great C level executives"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Intapp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I first started at Intapp, you can feel the vibrant energy the employees possessed. The company was fast growing, everyone was excited to see the next move Intapp would make. All in all, there wasn't many complaints that employees had. There was a break room with a ping pong and foosball table when you needed some downtime. Snacks and drinks were provided by Intapp to keep our momentum going. They also have a generous referral program, along with a great HR department that created a smooth onboarding process. The beginning of my career at Intapp was more than I expected.

Cons

As time went on, company morale decreased over time. Maybe it was the high turnover of employees, maybe it was the lack of recognition the employees felt that came from management, maybe it was the difficulty in receiving a title change or raise. Either way, the company morale was not what it use to be. Everyone, including myself, felt overworked. In addition, there seemed to be more management roles than needed. And inexperienced management. C Level executives were great, hands down, but other than that, I can't say the same for other management.

Advice to Management

The one downfall I see of management at Intapp is that they listen, but they don't necessarily hear you. Seems like it goes in one ear and out the other. I strongly feel Intapp has the potential to be a great company to work for, but unless management sees that employees are overworked or are not being compensated fairly, that could be disastrous. John, Don, Thad, and Kyle are some of the best C level execs a company could have, but with a full plate that each exec carries, management should see this and be attentive to the employees' needs rather than wait and have it escalate up to C level.

"Had a lot of potential, still could be great"

Former Employee - Solutions Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Solutions Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Intapp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Lots of self-learning and doing things at your own pace (assuming your pace is quick)
    - Very flexible hours (come and go as you please, work from home), just have to put in the hours to get your work done
    - People there are very friendly and likable (there are bad eggs, but I liked everyone personally)
    - A lot of opportunity to learn a lot about the Legal world (tech side)

Cons

- Work exhaustion was hands-down an issue when I left (not enough talented people doing necessary jobs)
    - Compensation was sub-par for most of my coworkers for the area (and not very transparent), definitely true when taking into consideration long working hours
    - Management didn't seem to listen to employee complaints until emergencies would happen (people threatened to leave, people left, people stopped coming into work, etc.)
    - Difficult to ramp up due to coworker overwork (no time to train)

Advice to Management

Take a step back and focus on developing a sustainable company internally. Make sure you treat the employees second after the customer first, that feeling is essential (especially when facing work exhaustion). Take quicker actions when employees are complaining about the same issues and make transparent changes.

"An amazing team, and the happiest place I've worked for so far"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Intapp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Executive team really works together as a team and provides a clear direction (which, in my past experiences, wasn't always the case). IntApp has always the best interest of its customers and employees in mind. The sense of integrity is really strong here. But the best part is definitely the people - smart, very friendly, supportive. It might sound cliche, but I really feel part of a family and look forward to coming to work every day!

Cons

In my opinion, some of our benefits could be improved. Also, as we're growing fast, the workload can get pretty heavy at times. Some processes are still manual and need some improvement/automation. But we're getting there.