Integrated IT Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Arthur Ataie
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "great"

Pros

its a good company to work for

Cons

no cons that i can think of

2. "Throwback"

I have been working at Integrated IT Solutions full-time

Pros

many people are nice and everyone says good morning to you.

Cons

poor pay - some of the worst in the industry, bonus structure not defined - you make them a lot of money - but you dont get a dime.
    weak benefits - expensive insurance, no 401k match, useless ESOP, vaca maxes out at 3 weeks
    hvac - offices stuffy and warm. one control for 1/2 the people
    no team bonding - there are a lot of difficult personalities you have to deal with

Advice to Management

get rid of the dead weight and redistribute the salaries to those who make you the money.

3. "IT Consultant"

Current Contractor - Consultant in Waltham, MA
    Current Contractor - Consultant in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Integrated IT Solutions as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy contract work. Working independently is fulfilling. I have received 2 contracts so far from the same company and have completed the work that was requested of me.

Cons

I do not like sitting on the bench

4. "Meh"

Pros

Growing Company with good potential

Cons

Management all over the place. Feels like your working all the time for nothing.

5. "Integrated IT"

Pros

dress code, continuing education and pay

Cons

few holidays, some confrontation and stress

Advice to Management

I have worked here for a few years and what I can say is that I had some personal problems and management was nothing but supportive and accommodating. I feel that the continuing education is a huge plus for employees personally and professionally.
    The work can be incredibly stressful sometimes and there are some personality conflicts that can create an uncomfortable environment sometimes.
    There has been some questionable treatment of co-workers which I feel created some morale concerns.
    The truth is that I have tried to just focus on myself and my work and the less I involve myself with what's around me the more content I am.
    I know this might not appeal to many people but they have been good to me and despite some shortcomings, for what I am doing, I feel the pay is good and the opportunity for more training only makes me stronger in the long run.

6. "Abysmal Company - Stay Away"

Former Employee - Remote Service Center (RSC) Engineer in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Remote Service Center (RSC) Engineer in Waltham, MA

I worked at Integrated IT Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

IITS will encourage employees to know their trade. They provide training for relevant certificates. Usually, the opportunities are provided off-hours. Trainings are on the weekend for a few weekends in a row. Also, IITS is very flexible when it comes to the physical appearance of their employees.

Cons

In my opinion, the IITS business strategy is decidedly bad. They use an ESOP program to incentivize employees by suggesting that working there will be worthwhile for their wallet. The company's ultimate goal is to be acquired by an IT enterprise and cash out the ESOP - this leads to a very bottom-line driven approach, which leads to higher expectations on employees (50+ hour work weeks, scheduled after-hours work) and slow hiring. Most, if not all employees were on-boarded via an acquisition. IITS frequently purchases companies with a similar business model to boost the value of their own company. Growth through acquisition means fast growth, but constantly dealing with upset new employees and new clients - ultimately don't care if they lose some of each, as long as they make out positively. Therefore, it seems like nearly all expenses are spared with this ultimate objective in mind.

Essentially, this strategy suffocates the employees and can make for a horrible work/life balance. Keep in mind that anybody spends countless hours at their place of employment; your home away from home. Nobody is going to want to work where they aren’t comfortable. IITS evidently didn’t get the message. In regard to the employee, there are no employee outings, team building activities, regular events. There is never a sense that management has your back. The workload is unreasonable; highly stressful environment with unattainable expectations. It is a very ‘boiler-room’ feel. There are no work from home options (yes, they’re a technology company). All metrics that are used to measure quality of service to clients are built on bad math and a system that bloats the bottom line. The on-boarding process is poor at best. There is only a small amount of time to adjust to IITS methods. In my case, most of my co-workers from my previous company left IITS within the year after the acquisition. Morale is constantly an issue, but no one wants to bring it up to management. Some employees are highly confrontational and spread negativity. I am aware of a number of heinous acts committed by some members of the company. There are also technicians who have said odious remarks to fellow team mates beyond simply cussing. There is a clear conflict of interest in regard to employee relationships.
    Management is largely blind to issues and makes decisions without consulting with employees or even team leads. Super restrictive and vague non-competition/non-solicitation agreement and company threatened to sue departing employees going to competitors. Company will listen to ideas, but most of the time not implement. C-level employees are a bottleneck to getting anything done because of how busy they are, don't delegate tasks that can be handled by Director/Management-level.

Overall, poor working conditions. The building is old and frequently has utility issues. Also, it is poorly kept. There were many occasions where power was lost, there were unfinished renovations, and oddly many deceased small animals outside the property. It could be argued that the physical appearance of the headquarters is a representation of the company on the whole. It’s a drab, dreary old building that appears mostly broken-down and unfinished. I believe there truly is an effort to reduce overall investment in the company. Sadly as I am writing this I remember that the thermostat was locked and the building was always drafty. There were stains in the toilets in the men’s room and the paper-towel holder frequently completely fell out of the wall. Also the lunch room was rarely cleaned so the coffee machine was grimy and they charged .25 cents a cup to boot.

Advice to Management

I don’t have advice to management.

I have advice for you; the person who is looking at this right now. Your company was likely acquired and you’re looking into IITS to find out about them, which led you here. In my opinion – start looking for employment elsewhere immediately. I was a commuter to this facility which led me down route 95 South to Waltham 3-5 days a week meaning an average commute time of 1.5 hours one way from the North Shore. I know management is unlikely to change so I’d rather give you, the reader, the best advice I can. Get out immediately. I can say with certainty if you wait; you’ll regret it. If you were acquired, your gut will tell you to give it a chance. Don’t. Again, this is my opinion based on my experience from being there for over a year. I would cut the cord as soon it’s established that IITS bought your company. It’s not worth the toll it will take on your physical and mental health.

7. "Good place to start, but not stay long term"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Waltham, MA

I worked at Integrated IT Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of work to be done, you can learn a lot on the job and they pay for training

Cons

-they underpay for solid talent, they overcharge for their services vs the value you get
    -management is inflexible at times

Advice to Management

-Pay your best employees what they are worth and actually manage their careers
    -staying with the company longer term is a sure way to burn out and become a jaded sysadmin

8. "Enjoyed Working for this Company --Very Fair and Professional"

Former Employee - Network Administrator in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Network Administrator in Hartford, CT

I worked at Integrated IT Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had been following Integrated IT Solutions (MSP) for couple years. I first interviewed with IT Director for an on-site Network Administrator position at a client site in Hartford in 2009 but did not get the position at that time. Stayed in touch with IT Director and was called in for an interview for another client of IITS about a year later and ended up working for IITS for approx 2 years until cleint moved operations out of state.

Cons

I just wish the client had not moved, I enjoyed working here.

Advice to Management

All levels of management were very professional and tech staff very experienced and always willing to support each other.

9. "Being given the freedom to do great work"

Current Employee - Director of Talent Acquisitions in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director of Talent Acquisitions in New York, NY

I have been working at Integrated IT Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No deadlines. Your determination determines your bonus. Great people to work with. Fun work atmosphere. Did I mention no deadlines. Great budget for whatever you need.

Cons

No supervision. Training is left up to you.

Advice to Management

Make sure we get some movement on the website and keep it up to date.