Interbrand Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Charles Trevail

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great people, diverse backgrounds (most of the time)" (in 18 reviews)

• "can be very collaborative, smart people around to learn from" (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life Balance war wirklich schwach, Laptops veraltet, nicht die neusten Betriebssysteme, sollten dringend ALLE auf Neusten Stand gebracht werden" (in 13 reviews)

• "Noticed a great deal of frustration among peers in regards to visibility of work, long hours, etc" (in 20 reviews)

1. "Excellent company to work for"

Former Employee - Social Media Community Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Social Media Community Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Interbrand full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Worked remotely. Set my own schedule. Lots of duties that made my day very fulfilling. Fun environement. LEarned many new things with the numerous online communities I managed.

Cons

Not much to say here. As long as you stayed focus and self motivated then you would have no issues getting the work done.

Advice to Management

Nothing to say here either. Management was great. Treated employees with respect and helped on a day to day basis.

"Potential"

I have been working at Interbrand full-time

Pros

Still a great name with clout. Opportunity to work with many big-name clients. The global network is exciting but poorly connected and underutilized. Many of the people are really smart and talented. With the right team, work can be great, but get stuck with a poorly-managing project lead and things turn south.

Cons

Above all, huge lack of investment in employees. Poor pay, wonky promotion system, lack of transparency leading to distrust. Insanely stagnant corporate structure. Hiring takes eons so we’re constantly short staffed. There doesn’t seem to be a recognition of difference between great work and poor, and there’s a massive lack of accountability on senior leaders. Not enough discussion of our POV on branding or a recognition of pushing beyond our legacy. No discussion of our competitors! far too much bending to the will of clients in favor. No sense of caring about how our work is implemented and how to measure it. And we’re constantly over budget and blowing timelines, when things could be efficient if we erased a lot of the bureaucracy.

Advice to Management

You’re good at hiring talented people, on the whole. You are failing at retaining them. This is why Interbrand is failing. To the people still here, do something for them. Make them stay. Charles wants to think like a startup? The poor benefits—expensive health care, no 401K match, all the everyday cultural changes of the new office—need a huge overhaul.

"Terrible management, bad benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Interbrand full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big name clients and brilliant and smart coworkers

Cons

Charles is new and still making his footprint; it's too early to tell whether his impact is positive/negative. Management is not diverse, transparent, and uses favoritism for promotions

Advice to Management

Take care of the brilliant people who are there putting in the effort to do the great work Interbrand puts out

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Interbrand full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There’s a big emphasis on culture at the company, and despite there always being a ton of work to do with not enough people to do it, you’ll always find an opportunity for a fun (but short-lived) break. Working here is a prestigious move (although long-term standing for consultants seems bleak).

Cons

Management and higher-ups seem lost and confused, with no sense of direction for the company. Always seem to be short-staffed. High turnover due to job insecurity and issues with compensation/bonuses/promotions. Consultants seem unappreciated across the board.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites, and figure out how to stop the depressingly high turnover.

"Director"

I have been working at Interbrand full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interbrand has been a wonderful place full of smart, kind people. The level of work is typically very inspiring.

Cons

They have not been able to invest in their people for years due to substantial business decline. This has created massive fall out and an extremely bruised culture. The growing sentiment in the office is there isn't much of a reason to stay.

Advice to Management

Invest in the people you want (and need) to stay. Get as many of the non-management employees back on board so they can help turn around the ship. Right now no one sees anyone succeeding, and that's demoralizing for all.

6. "Sr Designer"

I worked at Interbrand full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Global brands. Talented coworkers.

Cons

Short term thinking that never invests in business or people.

Advice to Management

Stop making sales force project managers. Invest in people.

"Need to focus on their staff"

I worked at Interbrand full-time

Pros

People you work with are great. I was able to maintain a good work life balance and get a lot of work experience during my time there.

Cons

Nothing was being done about the level of low morale amongst the employees when company was not doing well.

Advice to Management

Give raises to the lower level staff who do the actual work

"Middle-management"

Former Employee - Mid Level Management in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Mid Level Management in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Interbrand full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

No pros, they bring you in with a lot of hype and promise and fail to deliver in the end.

Cons

Start with a comprehensive package and then they discontinue your benefits. Every year benefits are pulled back and nothing new is added to support your total compensation.

Advice to Management

The 70s were a long time ago apparently you cannot teach an old dog new tricks.

"Work in progress"

I have been working at Interbrand full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free breakfast, Happy hour every Thursday/Friday (depends on season), Summer Fridays, WFH easily, Great people, seems to be going in the right direction

Cons

Currently going through a LOT of changes - interested to see how the company moves and improves from this, but with changes comes a lot of instability and nerves from employees. There has been a lot of leaving and not much replacing unfortunately.

Advice to Management

Be sure to really listen to everyone. A lot of people are nervous with all the changes and there are definitely people that should be promoted rather than give raises to those who don't need or deserve them.

"Nothing left"

I have been working at Interbrand full-time

Pros

At it's current state, there is almost nothing that is going well. Company has been sinking and shrinking, spurred on by an abusive culture that punishes the supporting staff as opposed to the actual people that should be taking the responsibility for the steep decline in business.

Cons

If you're a minority in all it's understood definitions, chances are that you will be, or already are marginalized.

Advice to Management

Learn from how other companies can thrive with a diverse pool of staff and opinions.