Interbrand Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 12, 2018

2.8

Sort:

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Interbrand.

Interview

Their recruitment process and the way they treat potential employees is unfortunate, really. I had heard this from a couple colleagues of mine but was still optimistic that their experiences were isolated. Not so. I was contacted 4 weeks ago by a Talent Acquisition Partner with whom I scheduled an over-the-phone interview. Being currently employed (yet desperately seeking employment elsewhere), I was happy to re-arrange my schedule on the day of the interview in order to get out of the office for an hour to take the call. Long story short, she just never called. I sent an email 10 minutes after the call was scheduled to begin and she wrote back immediately that she was stuck in a meeting and asked if I would like to re-schedule for a week and a half later- which I reluctantly agreed to after requesting that we instead have the call sooner than this date. I received an email 30 minutes before this call was supposed to happen stating that the position had been filled (of course it had been by then!). It's unfortunate that the reputation of such a great agency is being tarnished by it's recruiting department and processes.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Interbrand in June 2014.

Interview

First had a 30 minute phone call with the HR department - just getting a gauge of your experience, your interest in the position and salary requirements. Then was invited in for first round of interviews. This was three 30-minute interviews in a row with people on the consulting team. All really nice and pretty casual.

Interview Questions

• What is one brand you think could be doing a better job and how?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Interbrand (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Reached out to HR contact via LinkedIn. After our phone interview I came in for an in-person interview and met 4 people. The following week I came back and met 3 more people. They then asked for references and for me to fill out the online form for a background check. I followed up via email a week later and called two weeks later- never heard anything. Was disappointed that they didn't have the courtesy to at least give their candidates closure or feedback on why they were not suitable for the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite brand and what is your least favorite brand - how would you improve your least favorite?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you were faced with a group conflict and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Interbrand (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a connection with someone in the department and after sending my writing samples, cover letter and resume, was called in for an interview. I had a brief period of time where I would be available to interview and thought we were set to meet judging by the emails. I arrived in New York and no word from them. I waited in a restaurant near the office just in case. Because I was still keen on the job, I wrote again the next day and they scheduled a day of interviews in the future. I met with 7 people at separate times. The interview was in an open space near a bunch of offices...slightly distracting. I had one interview after the next, and the interviewers conferred between meetings. I thought I did reasonably well. They sent me a second test the next week which I completed as quickly as possible. No word from them, despite writing thank-yous to each interviewer and trying to remain in touch with the HR person. I then received a phone call, 3 weeks later, telling me I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• They put you on the spot and give you examples to solve.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Interbrand (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

LENGTHY. Lasted almost 4 months. It was also during the holiday season which I understood to be a busy time for the company. Included Skype interviews, phone interviews and in-person interviews at the AT&T Headquarters.

Interview Questions

• What is your design experience? What is your experience with client relations? What is your customer service experience?   Answer Question

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Interbrand (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me within 2 weeks of apply but things spiraled downward after that. Constant rescheduling (three times?!)

When the day of interview finally came, I got to speak with only 2 staffs out of the 4. No follow-up courtesy emails.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Interbrand (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the company's recruiter. She showed interest in my work and wanted to set up a phone appointment. The call was laid back and quick, she then asked me when I could come to the office to meet up with two Creative Directors.
    Things got a little complex after that because the talent acquisitor decided to leave the company. I was introduced to another recruiter but it took her a long time to reply to my emails.
    Finally the appointment was setup and i got 30 minutes with each CD.
    They were both great and showed interest in my work. The interview was laid back and more of a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about my work, choices, creative process, etc.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Interbrand in March 2014.

Interview

I applied to Interbrand for their summer internship. They understood that an internship is a learning experience and took into account that we did not know the industry within the interview. The interview mostly consisted of questions relating to personal experience and personality to make sure you fit in a certain position and culture of the company.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Interbrand.

Interview

Two phone interviews - pretty straightforward. First one was a phone-screen with someone on the recruiting team, the second one was with two hiring managers. The first was very general, and the second was more skills based.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you worked on where you worked with a group.   Answer Question

Senior Strategy Consultant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Interbrand in August 2014.

Interview

Pre-screening then five 1:1 interviews. All pretty standard and easy, some were even more informationals for the candidate to ask questions. 1 panel case discussion - also pretty easy and some prep/review time. HR was hit or miss - sometimes very quick to respond and other times very slow.

Interview Questions

Extremely low compensation for long hours