Intralinks Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Intralinks Director, President & CEO Ronald W. Hovsepian
Ronald W. Hovsepian

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance is horrible/ get burnt out easily (in 7 reviews)

• unclear company vision; senior management changed direction from time to time (in 8 reviews)

1. "mixed experience"

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in Waltham, MA

I worked at Intralinks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

opportunities to make a significant contribution

Cons

downsizing without respect to employee value

"Senior Account Executive"

I worked at Intralinks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-good base salary
    -iphone, laptop, wi-fi hotspot
    -401k
    -work from home if in a good territory

Cons

-management was poor with big egos
    -i had 3 management changes within 6 months
    -micromanaged
    -sales training is complicated, convoluted, confusing, highly time-consuming, and ineffective. however, it MUST be applied to each sale
    -many sales reps benefit from being in a good territory and rarely close new business but are untouchable. for example, one girl was caught doing some very wild partying during an all-hands sales meeting but kept her job when anyone else would be fired. you'll see and hear about the inconsistencies within 6 months because there are lots of loose lips
    -quarterly QBRs which are big time wasters. "what are you going to do close sales and meet your quota?" prepare a 45 minute presentation then sales training that is typically useless and just a way to analyze your sales skills
    -untouchable managers who do little to help, have big egos, and make things more difficult rather than help close deals

"So much potential, too little strategy."

I have been working at Intralinks full-time

Pros

Incredible product(s), both in the M&A and Enterprise businesses. Great people at the non-managerial levels. Clients love us.

Cons

No clear sales or marketing strategy. They cant figure what message they want to share with what market. Too much reliance on a pod system for lead gen and qualifying--and it doesn't work.

Advice to Management

This acquisition smells funny and has a lot of people wondering why Intralinks went down this road. Good people won't have much patience for whatever the new org structure looks like.

5. "Great place"

Pros

Great place to work at

Cons

nothing bad about this place

Advice to Management

nothing keep doing what youre doing

"Marketing"

Pros

Work-life balance was OK, but there was pressure on those who worked from home. Compensation was competitive, but benefits were expensive. There is potential - but no execution

Cons

The company didn't deliver on product expectations, all the time was spent building one-off features for single customers without looking at the bigger picture. Completely sales-driven development cycle. The politics were incredible with VPs required to make any decision. Teams were not empowered and were too large to accomplish anything. Internal culture was full of politics and gossip. No fun

Advice to Management

Empower your managers and directors. You have smart people, but no one is willing to step up for fear of consequences. Rethink the GTM strategy and focus on your core strength.

7. "loved my time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Intralinks (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work, great people

Cons

managment sometimes too slow to make decisions

8. "good company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Intralinks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

very good company
    high salary
    work life balance

Cons

commute is pain in boston

Advice to Management

nothng special

"Fantastic team, optimistic for future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Intralinks full-time

Pros

I cannot praise my departmental colleagues enough: over the course of the past year, we've bonded across offices and I feel like we're a true "team." Our departmental senior management strives to move us forward as a group, and I trust that I can lean on my closest colleagues for support and encouragement on a day-to-day basis.

Cons

In the Waltham office especially, each department (sales, marketing, dev, etc) are siloed by long corridors and walls, making interaction between teams difficult.

Advice to Management

Consider implementing a company-wide WFH policy. Commutes are increasing dramatically, and a change in our rides to and from work would likely significantly improve morale.

"Working in Intralinks from 3+ years in Product development"

I have been working at Intralinks full-time

Pros

- Good learning opportunities
    - Few good Hardworking people
    - Team Thursday

Cons

- Top/Senior Management listen to Managers/VPs only and do not connect to hard working employees.
    - Management have no idea how talent is leaving the company
    - Middle Manager some time lay off the hard working smart person to save his own job
    - Middle management has Culture of Management by Fear, finger pointing and favoritism
    - Company does not value employees and does not show appreciation for hard work
    - HR People are no use, very arrogant and no focus on employees.

Advice to Management

- Have good middle management which is focus on talent not on faviourtisum
    - Connect to your hard working employee otherwise very soon you will have good count but no talent
    - utilize your employees at right way, will help save your time/resources

"In Transition"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sherborn, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sherborn, MA

I worked at Intralinks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very strong credentials in financial services, and the core business is thriving in an active M&A market. Very smart domain expertise on that side of the business, which fosters customer loyalty.

Management is attempting to broaden the customer base with a more general purpose product, and while this is an uphill struggle it does present some interesting challenges and opportunities.

The CEO/CFO are a great team. The shift to managing margin over growth makes sense, but has consequences for employees.

Cons

Significant management changes have resulted in the usual problems of lack of consistency and focus. Management churn is a real issue. New management is a mixed bag.

As others have noted, engineering hasn't delivered on new capabilities and functionality to keep pace with market demands, and this has completely eroded any competitive advantage Intralinks may once have enjoyed. Consequently, employee moral has sagged. Management expectations aren't yet aligned with market realities.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge that Intralinks' future is in the core financial markets it knows well. Focus there.