Ipro Tech Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Kim Taylor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Ipro Tech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ipro provides an enticing and challenging career. Working in technology, every day can be different and that is what keeps the job exciting. You are encouraged to stay hungry and build yourself the career you want, so this company is not for the lazy. I love the team I work with and my managers really put in the effort to build my career pathway and provide valuable training and tools to get me to the next level.

Cons

There is a lot of "new" going on which can cause miscommunication, and requires everyone to get on board with change which can be hard. But we are all a team, and all working towards the same end goal so no one is alone.

Advice to Management

None - Loving everything

"Great teammates, good pay, lacking in true leadership"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Ipro Tech full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are many talented and honest folks who work for Ipro Tech. Many have been there for a long time and some solid new folks have joined the team too. The company has seen steady growth for many years, no big spikes or downturns either. Ipro may not always be the 1st software company to bring to market the latest tech advancements but it is never too far behind. The original founders built a solid reputation in the industry that the company has benefited from for years.

The office environment is very new-age, open-concept, trendy. This works well for some but it may scare some away. It is a casual atmosphere in a good location with access to many Phoenix area hot-spots within minutes driving distance. Location & office space used to be cons for the company but the new office and its location are now pros. Lots of opportunity to learn valuable skills from some great co-workers that can really help your career.

Cons

The company is growing its employee numbers at a record pace, the marketing is in your face and screams of record success but in reality the growth has stayed fairly even, a steady incline. Even the Glassdoor reviews have been manipulated to tell one story while the other is true (Marketing team earning its pay). The pay is good for some, poor for others, mostly depends on how long you've known the new/current CEO or if you are an Ohio State fan (the CEO seems to hire anyone with ties to Ohio State). Bonus pay has been non-existent despite CEO claims of a EBITDA bonus plan that everyone will get a piece of (when we are profitable). Not a single bonus has been paid in over 4 years though and from what has been found, new employees are being told there is no bonus plan at all. Many employees who have been around since before 2014 mistakenly believe that there still is a EBITDA bonus plan in place but it seems as though the new CEO quietly got rid of it.

The management team is basically a group of friends of the CEO, some qualified but most of them not-so qualified. Seems that the CEO doesn't do well with those who don't bend to his ways. If you are looking for servant leadership in a place you work, look elsewhere. If you want a job with solid teammates and don't mind being micromanaged for decent pay then this could be a good fit.

Advice to Management

Trust your teams, be honest with them and let them know what they are really working for (don't let them work under false expectations of a bonus plan that will not be paid). Let the development teams actually follow a proven process, slow down on all the knee-jerk change in directions. Even if bonuses continue to not be paid, at least take the time to go thank individuals more often. Doing this in person, when you see them, can actually go a long way when you see them do something great. It is amazing what a few simple words can do to lift someone's morale at work. Invest in real management training, lots of talented individual performers in management could be good managers but they lack proper training and focus.

"Stay away unless you are a 'Yes Man,' a relative, or a former Epic employee"

I worked at Ipro Tech full-time

Pros

They talk a good game. That's about it.

Cons

If you're related to the COO or some other high level employee, are a 'Yes Man,' or are a former Epic employee then stay away! There is little room for advancement, original thought, or dissent.

Advice to Management

Let your people work and get our of their way. We get that you can con people when selling them, but let your Engineering and QA team do their work. You don't have to be involved in every facet of their work-life.

"Support"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Ipro Tech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- No micro managing
    - Good people to work with
    - Flexible with hours
    - Nice office
    - Has the feel of a startup

Cons

- Unorganized
    - Difficult to get a raise
    - Can be on the phone with a client up to 12hrs straight
    - Benefits that include family or children are affordable (ex: Healthcare is $400+/paycheck with a spouse and child)
    - No bonuses
    - Pay is low for the amount of skill/knowledge
    - Software is very difficult to work with
    - Training in the classroom was very mentally taxing (8hrs/day for multiple days in a row)

Advice to Management

Training needs to still be looked at. You are asking so much out of the employees to learn so much in such a small period of time. Support department should not have to do installs at all.

5. "Would definitely recommend iPro Tech!"

I have been working at Ipro Tech full-time

Pros

Very welcoming, fun and family-like environment, competitive pay, great benefits, awesome facility and great people, 28 yr old company but has a start-up feel to it.

Cons

little to no mobility policy, would like some work from home days

6. "Great organization with a lot of heart."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Pros

I loved working at Ipro. I spent a year and half doing some amazing things with some amazing people.

If you do exceptional work and prove your worth, you will be rewarded. They are willing to invest in their employees growth and recognize people that go above and beyond.

The CEO is more transparent than any other organization’s executive team I’ve ever worked for. He’s hands-on in all departments and will tell you the good, the great and places where there are room for improvements so everyone can be part of making those improvements. He's also not your typical CEO--instead of a vast collection of suits, his entire wardrobe is Ipro branded items, sports apparel and Christmas outfits. He pushes productivity, but still has fun along the way and that aspect of his personality is reflected in the company culture.

The culture is fun, casual dress is a plus and management is easily accessible, but also approachable. There’s always fun activities going on both at the office and after work.

Ipro has been around for nearly 30 years, but it’s constantly improving. In the time I was there, we moved into new building, added more wellness benefits, started a mentoring program and created an innovation program where employees can submit ideas for hefty cash prizes.

I made lifelong friends and learned new skills that will give me a leg up in any role. I owe so much to Ipro and the leaders I had. I left to pursue a personal passion, but I’m proud to be part of the Ipro family and will continue to maintain friendships with many of my coworkers.

Cons

Things move fast here and change quickly. Lucky for me, I enjoy that and thrive under pressure, but someone who isn’t as adept to change may see this as a con.

I learned so many new skill sets working here and I owe much of my growth to being open to criticism. Management is straightforward, but if you’re accepting of feedback, you will flourish here and learn valuable tools.

Advice to Management

I think management does a good job in making improvements to things that affect customers and employees.

7. "Sales"

I have been working at Ipro Tech (Less than a year)

Pros

Ipro is a great place to work. They have a brand new state of the art facility in Tempe AZ that is a showpiece for clients. The company try's very hard to make it a fun culture where winning is the name of the game. I would recommend Ipro to anyone who wants to be part of a great team and be challenged daily to do the right thing for the clients.

Cons

The company is growing fast and needs to bring I more talent

"Support Department is awesome."

Pros

Ipro Tech offers a paid benefit plan (individual) and very fair Paid Time Off that starts accruing at day one. The company culture is absolutely fabulous - you are their friend from day one. New employees are encouraged to participate in extracurricular functions. People are encouraged to think and to come up with outside-of-the-box solutions to all sorts of fun problems that pop up. You're rewarded for hard work, too! At least in the Support Department, Ipro will compensate for time worked outside of regular hours. There's usually donuts or some other food to be had, and if not, there's a well-stocked fridge with premade sandwiches, lunchables, and other eats.

Cons

The hours can get funky, depending on your role. There are installs and on-call hours, and these can potentially lead to you working in the wee hours of the morning. Sometimes it's a little tough to pin down the right resource you need, whether they're in Development or Client Services, since there's a lot of tribal knowledge in the company. CRM is decentralized so client info is all over the place. The company has given up on their Sharepoint, so there are only ruins where a central hub for all the departments once stood.

Advice to Management

Simplify things. There are too many disparate internal systems. Part of the our flagship product is centralizing data- if we can give that to our customers, why can't we give it to ourselves?

"Continuing to move ahead"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Ipro Tech (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to work in a very fun atmosphere. Management is very supportive. We have an amazing facility.

Cons

If you are not willing to continually push yourself and to find better ways of reaching goals, then this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue looking to the people within the ranks for solutions to problems that may arise.

"Closed off, stale, restricting, but successful"

Former Employee - Administrative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Administrative in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

-Despite the split team (in crowd vs out crowd), those you do make a connection with will fight fiercely for each other for better or worse
    -Product ideas are innovative, the tech's are many and highly skilled
    -Despite leadership's best efforts, they seem to be doing very well

Cons

-Cliquey, polarized, extremely conservative thinkers. No creativity, warmth, or open mindedness. No openness to newcomers unless friend/relative of current staffer. Not a place for someone who values a "team"
    -Nepotism, nepotism, nepotism!
    -Poor training policy for admin/corporate
    -Claims to be causal and laid back, but is actually a very restrictive and controlled environment; there is a strictly controlled process for everything (from bathroom breaks, to mail, to individual projects). Deviating to incorporate your methodologies and increase productivity is not only frowned upon, but forbidden. This is not to control the flow of sensitive info.
    -Leadership not challenge employees. I was bored a lot

Advice to Management

First and foremost: Get some fresh blood in there!

Please expand your view finder to a wide angled lens. The focus of management seems to be very narrow (e.g. throughout my employment with Ipro, the CEO hyper-focused on one small project I was working on, micromanaged it, criticized the slow process, and based my performance off of it, despite the fact that it was one small facet of the role); Suggestions to improve the process were shut down, therefore, my final recommendation is to listen to suggestions of your employees. Just because it didn't come from leadership, does not mean it's a bad idea.