Ipro Tech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ipro Tech Interview Questions

Interviews at Ipro Tech

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The initial call from HR was an impromptu interview. The HR person didn't bother setting up a date for an interview. She asked a couple of technical questions that she was obviously reading off of a sheet of paper. Was told my resume would be passed along to the hiring manager and I would get a call within a week with a Yes or No. I did not receive a call. Overall the initial call/interview was handled fairly unprofessionally.

Interview Questions

• What are the four pillars of OOP?   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ipro Tech (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2010.

Interview

It was very nice and wonderful. Super fun/funny - good people.

Interview Questions

• How would I solve problems?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered, I accepted.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ipro Tech (Tempe, AZ) in August 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager (1hr), then an onsite with the team (2hr) then a final with a member of the senior management (1.5). After that an offer came within a couple of days. They would have moved faster if I was available. I was on a project and couldn't come in for the on site interviews until a few weeks after the initial interview.

Interview Questions

• Are looking for a role that has specific duties that do not change?   1 Answer
    • You are coming from a large company, why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ipro Tech in December 2011.

Interview

I replied to an ad on Craigslist from AZ Tech Finders which is in the same business suite as the company. I interviewed with the recruiter one morning then walked across the parking lot to IPRO where I interviewed with TJ who was the QA dept manager and Megan the Customer Service Manager. TJ is no longer there.

They asked a lot of questions about my experience. Nothing too technical, mostly they were interested in how I would approach problems. Some of the questions were obtuse with no correct answer, they were mostly geared towards how independently you could think of problems and solutions. If it was an in depth and informed response generally that went over well.

The company has an upbeat, high energy vibe but nothing too crazy. If "dad jokes" could be a company culture that would be it. Also, there's an unspoken rule not to talk about anything not conservative-religious-approved. Basically just be professional and not too telling of your personal life and you'd be fine. A co-worker was harassed because of his skin-tone gauges which were for religious purposes, he's Buddhist.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe how I would test a window blind for quality assurance purposes. The answer involved describing how each part individually could be tested. To think about how long the string for the blinds should be, if it posed a choking hazard, what materials should be used to prevent parts breaking and presenting hazards. Potential problems.

Basically, the more in-depth and "granular" you are the more successful you'd be in this position. Knowledge of server environments is very helpful because all of their software runs on virtual servers with threaded processes. Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio was used to verify results of software outputs so knowing SQL is helpful. Their software is written in C#, good to be familiar so you can make sense of error codes when they're thrown. Knowing how to interpret cryptic errors is helpful.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not very negotiable. It was "we're paying this much" take it or leave it. Higher level management positions were more negotiable. My boss negotiated a raise twice.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ipro Tech (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2012.

Interview

I had 2 interviews, mainly because I originally interviewed for a Support position, then I interviewed for QA and they hired me the same day. The people that I spoke with seemed to enjoy working there and spoke highly of the company

Negotiation

There was none, they just said here is what you will be doing and here is what you will get paid.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ipro Tech (Tempe, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Their interview process is pretty fast.

Their technical recruiter reached out to me to set up a phone screening. When she called, she mainly went over my resume with me and asked me a few non-technical questions (which I list in the interview questions section). She thought I was a good candidate and offered for me to come in for an in-person interview. That call lasted around 20 minutes or so.

I came in for the in-person interview, which had two parts.

The first part, I was interviewed by three people from the support team: two managers and a regular. They went over my resume. Had me explain to them what I did at my previous jobs. Questioned me about skills I listed on resume and some technical questions (again which I list in the interview questions section). Then they gave me a support scenario where one of them as a customer and you as the support. What they are testing here is both knowledge and your troubleshooting methodology (particularly your ability to ask the right questions to zero-in on the root cause). That was the end of the first part.

The second part, those three guys left and the VP of IT came in to have a one-on-one with me. We went over my resume and he asked me what I did at my previous jobs. I forgot what he asked afterwards, but we began to talk about PC building and what not. He then talked about what my pay requirements were. He then offered me the job.

The interview was fast and simple. A phone screening and a two-part in-person interview. The interview process can take two days depending if you schedule the in-person interview the day after the phone screening.

P.S. I was told by the manager that if you are not hired the day of the in-person interview, then you were rejected. There's no coming back for a second in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• (Phone) What do you look for in a company?   1 Answer
    • (Phone) What are your career aspirations?   1 Answer
    • (Phone and In-Person) What did you do at your last job?   1 Answer
    • (In-Person) What is the difference between a UNC path and a mapped drive?   1 Answer
    • (In-Person) [Interviewer looks at skills listed on your resume] What can you tell me about this? Why is it important?   1 Answer
    • (In-Person) [Scenario] [One of them is a customer, you are support] My computer is running slow. Can you tell me what is wrong with it?   1 Answer
    • What are your pay requirements?   1 Answer

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ipro Tech (Scottsdale, AZ) in December 2014.

Interview

The talent rep conducted a phone screening. She was very nice and the questions were simple. The day of the in person interview I met with her for a few minutes then was taken to another office were I had two separate 15 minute rapid fire interviews with two different Product Development team members. In my opinion, an interview so fast is inconsiderate and shows lack of patience as well as a passive interest in the candidate. This may be an example of their work environment.

Senior .NET Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ipro Tech (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

The recruiter I initially talked to was pleasant and professional. The initial phone interview with the recruiter lasted about an hour and then I was called back later that day for a phone interview with their development manager later in the week. The interview with the development manager lasted a short half hour and I was again contacted later on that day to come in for a face to face interview with members of their development team. During the sit down interview I was ask some general knowledge questions and a few more in-depth questions around my experience. The interview then went into a skills type interview where I was asked to complete a few coding examples on the white board along with looking at some sample code which I was then asked questions about. The interview lasted a little over an hour. Three days later I was contacted by email informing I was not selected for the position. Through out the entire process everyone I spoke with and met was pleasant and professional.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a question about a bug that one of the developers had just come across using the Async/Await functionality in their code which caused a dead lock. I was asked given the code they showed me could I find the bug.   Answer Question

Marketing Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ipro Tech (Tempe, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very seamless. I was recruited on LinkedIn, had one phone interview and one in-person interview where I met with HR, the CEO and marketing team. Everyone I spoke with was extremely nice and knowledgeable about the industry. They made the decision easy to accept their offer and join the team.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with marketing tools and automation?   Answer Question

Support Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ipro Tech (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews (one with HR and another with the department manager) then an in person interview

The HR person and the department manager were very interesting and enjoyable. The office environment was very nice and I was pleased to see a lot of smiling faces in the office. The director-type I met with in person did not seem to really like people or interviewing.

After knowing I would be reporting to him, I was no longer interested, and was happy to not be offered the position.

It was also very nice to get an email from HR that they had gone with someone else, so I wouldn't have been left hanging.