KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people making a difference

Jun 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Founder and ELT have great track records. The technology and Collective Defense are compelling Wonderful culture with mission focused people Encourage work/life balance Really good benefits & unlimited pto

Cons

Going through some growing pains.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great work/life balance, good salary, still working out infrastructure kinks

Jun 1, 2022 - Senior Data Scientist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work/life balance here is exemplary! There are almost zero after-hours or weekend Slack messages or emails asking for things. There is a generous holiday schedule. (As often as not they turn three day weekends into four day weekends. We get both Friday and Monday off for Memorial/Labor Day, etc.) There is an unlimited PTO policy, but (contrary to many companies) you can actually take PTO when you want to. Management actively encourages people to take time off so they can come back refreshed. The salary is pretty decent, though not amazing. For my job title and experience, I'm making on the mid-to-high end of what I'd expect without going to a FAANG-ish company.

Cons

IronNet is in a very transitional state right now. For one, they are moving to a SaaS offering, and much of the tech stack is being overhauled. For another, they are leaning hard into a particular Agile software development framework that feels like it can sometimes get in the way more than help. All of this transition makes it feel a little uncertain at times. (Although the counterpoint to that is the IronNet is not afraid to try new things, and change old things that aren't working.) Another con is that the technical departments (engineering, dev, data science) are not very diverse. It does not seem like diversity is a conscious part of the IronNet hiring process.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

strong RSU incentives, makes me feel good about investing my time here

May 18, 2022 - Finance
    Business Outlook

Pros

With stock market in the dregs, was looking to invest my time in a company with interesting long-term prospects, and IronNet technology has the opportunity to be transformative, it's the only company doing Collective Defense. Management so far seems strong and the Board is impressive, which gives me comfort at the current low stock price. Comp is competitive incl. RSUs, benefits good/typical stuff. I interact with the sales team and most are really good, so I remain optimistic about us.

Cons

Creating a market takes time, so patience is required. Some people at the company seem short-term minded, not sure if they have experience in new public companies. And this is not a place for those without a strong work ethic to hide, the company is lean

4. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Flying blind into the future

Jun 21, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has incredible talent, literally the best in the business. Everyone sacrifices long hours of family time to bring the mission of GEN Alexander to fruition because we believe in him. The goal is to make cyberspace space for everyone and this company can do it with some leadership and accountability.

Cons

Management appears to lack direction and is only taking advice from their immediate peers (the ones they hired). If you do not align with their opinions you are ignored.

4 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing culture, fast-paced, hardworking team members, and great leadership!

Feb 22, 2022 - Senior Sales Operations Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

IronNet treats all employees with respect, the leadership team values a transparent and inclusive mindset, and the benefits are world class. The work is challenging and rewarding, my professional growth is top of mind with my direct manager, and my peers share equal levels of energy and "go get em" attitude.

Cons

As our posture is fully remote, work projects and collaboration can sometimes be challenging. Safety is IronNet's highest priority and the leaders are open to allowing teams to travel where needed. There are 2 office locations that are open for being used for team meetings but extra preparation and planning must be done as there is not always support on site.

5 people found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good story, but antiquated tech and poor leadership

Mar 28, 2022 - Regional Sales Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

General Alexander is a great leader who brings a wealth of connections to the company. There are some very smart and dedicated people working at the company.

Cons

The technology is bad, really bad. The product team spent the last two years building another physical appliance while the rest of the world moved further into the cloud. The analytics rarely detected something noteworthy - if there weren't threat hunters behind the scenes, the platform would be largely useless. Sales leadership was embarrassingly amateur. The CRO was a friend of the CEO and didn't understand the first thing of how to scale revenue. The IRNT solution was supposed to harness "collective defense", but his commercial strategy was to target large F500 companies, so the concept never got off the ground beyond a handful of companies. He never hit his targets but was shielded from accountability by politics. If they had an experienced leader with vision in that role, they'd be in much better shape than today. CEO's main interest was getting to an IPO. There was never a focus on building a quality product. Just a pay day.

10 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company

May 26, 2022 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great strategy with Collective Defense

Cons

Nothing really to say here

8. 2.0

Management heavy

May 15, 2022 - Software Developer in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Cares about employees. - Good holiday schedule. - Trying to solve a hard problem, with the best intentions. - Most employees buy into the vision and genuinely care about the product.

Cons

- Pretty sure the only reason this company is successful is because they have a celebrity CEO. - Company is run by people familiar with the structure of the government / CIA. Way too much high-level management, none of whom know programming. - Engineering is decent, but I've seen a whole lot better.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Use to be amazing, now public and going downhill

Feb 28, 2022 - Threat Hunter in Tysons Corner, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great co-workers, benefits, and unlimited PTO - Co-workers come from all over so not limit to the amount of knowledge they have - Work is engaging and a lot of fun problems to solve - Company uses Macs - Do a quarterly all-hands where we can hear what other teams are working on and ask them questions

Cons

- Stock options they give out are a joke and wrapped up in more tape then a crime scene - Now that most of us WFH management thinks we're always available. Work/Life balance is non-existent - Company went public too soon and now can't hit there quarterly marks, so instead of pay raises they give us more stock options that have to be vest. Not staying here long enough for that to happen

6 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

company with a purpose

Mar 1, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Low on process (only what is necessary, and adding healthy SAFE5 practices). You get to develop a product that can make a difference for people and country. You get to develop product in a way that make sense. Benefit to employee in 5 to 10 years could be crazy good.

Cons

Low on process (do we have enough to be safe, i bet yes).

4 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 175 Reviews

IronNet Cybersecurity Reviews FAQs

IronNet Cybersecurity has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 185 reviews left anonymously by employees. 76% of employees would recommend working at IronNet Cybersecurity to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, IronNet Cybersecurity employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at IronNet Cybersecurity. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

76% of IronNet Cybersecurity employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated IronNet Cybersecurity 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at IronNet Cybersecurity to be culture, benefits, senior leadership and the cons to be workplace, management, career development.

Popular Careers with IronNet Cybersecurity Job Seekers