KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Iterable Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2022

Found 132 of over 135 reviews

4.4
Iterable Co Founder Andrew Boni (no image)
Andrew Boni

Technical Account Manager

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Amazing culture and perks, they really care about their employees.(in 22 reviews)
  • "The people are great and there has always been a firm 'no a(in 16 reviews)
  • "Great benefits, including unlimited (and encouraged) PTO(in 14 reviews)
  • "Leadership is excellent and very transparent(in 13 reviews)
  • "This is a very smart team across all business units.(in 12 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Iterable and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Jun 30, 2022 - Staff Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Probably the most thoughtful interview process that I've seen in a long time. They make sure that they explain the process, treat you with respect, and keep you well appraised throughout. Had 7 rounds - 1 technical screen, 2 technical rounds, 1 round where you are asked to present a project you worked on, 2 behavioral rounds and 1 AMA.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

Iterable Response

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience as an Iterable employee. We're glad to hear we're doing well so far, and we welcome you to reach out to hr@iterable.com if there's anything else you'd like to share, now or in the future.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Looked so promising...

Jun 20, 2022 - Enterprise Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

A modern approach to marketing automation sets Iterable apart from legacy platforms. Solid funding.

Cons

Immature people in important roles who simply are too inexperienced to be in their positions. This is across the board: Marketing, Sales Ops, Sales Directors, Solution Consulting, and Finance. Sales leadership clearly plays favorites when it comes to equity across territories, in-bound lead distribution, and rules of engagement (ROE). In fact, the current ROE's are incredibly flawed and misleading. Losing talent across the board due to many of these frustrations. Senior Execs tout Iterable values over and over again, yet they don't live up to what they preach. Competition like Braze, Klaviyo, and even some legacy providers like Cheetah Digital and Epsilon are winning more business.

2 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0

Genuine People & Transparent Leadership

Jun 29, 2022 - Technical Support Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

- incredible benefits package, plus perks for wellness - smart, but down-to-earth coworkers, can’t say enough great things about the people - desires for career growth are actually heard and lead to concrete plans to move forward in the company - Balance isn’t a value that’s just thrown around for hype, it’s actually practiced

Cons

I wish there could a centralized meetup so all the employees from all the locations could meet, but understandably that’s paused since Covid.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing Leadership

May 27, 2022 - Manager - Solutions Architecture
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership that truly live and exemplify the Iterable Values. Jeff Samuels and Krishna Reddy continuously demonstrate Growth Mindset, Balance, Trust, and Humility. Their example inspires the other leaders and individual contributors at Iterable to perform their best day in and day out. Iterable cares about its employees and it starts with the Leadership.

Cons

This is more of a pro than a con, but you are constantly learning new things to be successful since the Iterable platform is so wide and the integrations are plentiful.

5. 3.0

Losing top talent

Jun 4, 2022 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good product based on initial plans Good mid level management in engineering. They care and do their best despite the crazy workload Dedicated, helpful and smart teammates. Excellent hiring practices resulting in these above teammates. Whoever put in the interview process .. kudos ! Hard working engineering & CS teams. The processes put in place work well despite the scale challenges Great culture and programs that benefit Iterators. Kudos L&D team ! Happy to start meeting teammates in person. My team had a SF meet up and we all loved it. Thanks to my manager and director for making it happen. Love the growth of the teams, translates to more opportunities ( in spite of a previous post about mitosis - we are a growing company so should expect that. Or else you are in a wrong place if one wants constant teams )

Cons

Losing top talent in all groups including engineering. C-level/SVP not learning from their mistakes on why senior management are leaving though they say they are. Sad to see ours leave as well. HR is non-existent and cannot be relied on ( please don't bother to put a generic response). People might lose visa status due to incompetence and callousness. Incompetence and keeping good relations with the right people gets execs promoted Product is losing ground to competition due to vague roadmap Security is a mess ( former CISO resigned after losing a political battle though we do not want to admit that)

3 people found this review helpful

Iterable Response

Hi Iterator, thank you so much for taking the time to share such a thorough review. Before we tackle some of the cons, and respond to the advice you shared for management, we want to thank you first for your foremost “pro” - the people and the perks. The people here are Iterable are exceptional. With our distributed workforce and geoneutral pay policies, we’re able to hire top talent from all over the world who are not only smart, innovative, and creative, but who are also caring and values-driven. Our L&D and DE&I teams work together to ensure that our development programming is engaging, interactive, and effective. They work to create a culture where each Iterator can feel comfortable and confident bringing their best selves to work! We’re glad to hear that you value the community we work so hard to cultivate. Now, to reference your feedback: Losing great people is never easy, and while employees consider changing jobs for many reasons (especially today), we’re working hard to make sure that we capture open and honest feedback in their exit interviews, so we can determine how we can support our workforce now, and recruit talent that will support our future growth! We recognize that, as we grow, there are certain parts of our business that need extra support in scaling effectively. We have shared this feedback with our HR team, and are working closely with them to ensure they have the support and tools they need to be successful. Having an effective and equitable promotion process is key to our success. We are constantly promoting the best at Iterable — those who meet our very transparent and fair criteria. As you know, based on employee readiness and business need, promotions are submitted to the BU leader and calibration committee, who review and make decisions on a bi-annual basis. Our Product, Security, and Engineering teams push hard on innovation and execution. As you know, we keep close tabs on the needs of our customers, and trends in the market. We’re constantly working towards our goal of delivering joyful experiences for every organization in the world. Of course, we appreciate any and all feedback when it comes to our product roadmap. I’d encourage you to share these thoughts with the product team! We’re proud to host a weekly All-Hands for our company to stay connected and aligned with company, culture and community news. As you know, we seek constant feedback from employees at Town Hall. We know that, as we grow, the needs and expectations of our workforce for All-Hands changes. We’d encourage you to raise your hands during the AMA portion of Town Hall, and surface your feedback to leadership directly, as well as share your thoughts and recommendation during our survey periods. We’re thankful to have such a passionate Iterator on the engineering team! We appreciate all the work you do to ensure that we, and our customers, continue to succeed. Thank you.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fake & Liars

May 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, monthly stipend for meals, wellness, learning.

Cons

They are all about image. They claim to be diverse and care about your well-being, but it's a bunch of BS. Toxic environment if you have talent. Most people are learning on the job and they expect those with skills to teach those who lack them. Some mangers are great while others will talk behind your back and take credit for your work. Don't expect anything to be organic here. You must be willing to be fake, brown nose, or be a hardcore narcissist manipulator to succeed. HR will claim they care, but in fact will side with management. They encourage you to complain only to weed out those who do. They claim to have balance, but don't care to burn out employees and not make things right.

4 people found this review helpful

Iterable Response

Thank you for your review. We take all feedback very seriously. From what you shared, it sounds like you had a very negative experience at Iterable. We’re sorry to hear that, and will do our best to learn and grow from what you shared. Regarding your feedback on poor management; it is the goal of our Learning and Development, and DE&I teams, to build more effective management training and design robust curriculum for our leaders, to ensure there is consistency in management practices across the board. Regarding success or promotion in the company; as you know, we have Iterable Pathways, which are a framework that defines what success means at Iterable across all levels at the organization. Pathways show the progression of roles and expectations across Iterable in an objective and measurable way. Iterators are reviewed on a bi-annual basis, and are assessed based on a number of factors, including Pathways, feedback from colleagues, and Values Alignment. Those nominated for promotion or merit raise are reviewed by a committee that assesses the individual's nomination, and makes a collective decision based on this assessment. Having a structured process for review, feedback, and promotion in place helps to reduce and, hopefully, negate, opportunism, nepotism, toxicity, and bias. Finally, regarding burnout; as you know, balance is one of our core four values. We work hard to ensure that balance is endorsed by leadership at all levels, so Iterators can feel safe and supported in taking time off or away from work when they need it most. However, burnout isn’t limited to physical rest or time away from work; it's caused by lack of alignment, lack of trust, and lack of camaraderie, amongst other factors. We’re in the process of rolling out a series of initiatives that will target these factors and, hopefully, assuage burnout for all Iterators working remotely, in-office, or in a hybrid work environment.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Culture is awesome but burnout is real.

Apr 11, 2022 - Senior Manager, Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The people: I loved the people I worked with at Iterable! Positive, growth-minded, and encouraging are some of the traits I saw in my colleagues. - DEI training: I have never worked at a tech company so dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Since Markita joined as the Head of DE&I there have been so many opportunities to learn and grow in how to be an ally to all employees and help build a culture of belonging. I had the opportunity to go to multiple trainings and learned so much. - Amazing perks and benefits: $160/ mo for "wellness", $10 day for "lunch", Quarterly L&D budget for personal or professional development, the first Friday of every month off for "Balance Day".

Cons

- Burnout everywhere. I noticed a lot of people left after 1 year given how hard they worked across all different levels. Balance Days are not enough to prevent burning out.

3 people found this review helpful

Iterable Response

Thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear that one of the things you loved about Iterable was the people — we couldn't agree more! Each and every Iterator plays such an important role in making sure our culture is innovative, inclusive, and exceptional! Our Head of DE&I, Markita Jack, and her team, have done an incredible job building programs, processes, and creating resources that ensure our workplace (in-office and at-home) is designed to support a diverse workforce. We especially appreciate your transparent feedback on workload and burnout. While Balance Days (for others reading this, the first Friday of every month is an employee holiday, which we call "Balance Day"), Flexible PTO, and Health/Wellness Stipends are designed to give Iterators an opportunity to rest, relax, and reenergize, more work needs to be done to ensure that work-life is a reality for all Iterators. Be assured that we are actively exploring solutions to protect our employees from burnout!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A truly enjoyable place to be

Mar 25, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The interview process was efficient, well communicated, and I could tell the company cares about getting the right people in the right roles - Onboarding was smooth and my team has been incredibly helpful - People genuinely want to help out or answer any questions - The work environment rewards those who dive in headfirst and do their best - Amazing benefits that everyone is encouraged to make use of

Cons

- It can be hard to know who is the right person to talk to for certain tasks since the company is becoming so large and changing quickly - While working remote, there seems to be a lack of interactions outside of direct teammates. Would love to get to know people in other departments

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great team, authentic values

May 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The org does a great job of incorporating the 4 values into what they do. Iterable recognizes investing in their employees, and I think has established a solid profitable strategy.

Cons

While they are on the better side of pay equality practices (base pay is set on the highest cost of living region, currently SF), more transparency is always good.

10. 5.0

Best Place to Work, Bar None

Apr 20, 2022 - Senior Marketing Manager in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company with an incredible culture. I've never worked alongside smarter, or more compassionate people. The work is interesting and always evolving. You can truly build your own career path here. Great benefits as well.

Cons

Workload — there's a lot. But learning how to prioritize is part of the growing process.

1 person found this review helpful

Viewing 1 - 10 of 132 Reviews

Iterable Reviews FAQs

Iterable has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 135 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at Iterable to a friend and 84% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Iterable employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Iterable. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

87% of Iterable employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Iterable 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Iterable to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Iterable Job Seekers