Kenexa Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kenexa Chairman and CEO Rudy Karsan Sr.
Rudy Karsan Sr.

Pros
  • Great work-life balance and flexibility with work schedules, when needed (in 28 reviews)

• I was able to work from home for over 2 years and for that I am grateful but it's not everything (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • No work/life balance for field employees (in 13 reviews)

• I am not not sure about it after getting acquired by IBM (in 5 reviews)

1. "Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Staffing Consultant in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Staffing Consultant in San Jose, CA

Pros

IBM's Leadership is very transparent. You know the companies focus, where they are driving, and what role you will play. The access you have to your senior leadership is impressive. The mentor program is a key indicator of employee value. I love that I know where my career is going at Kenexa and can work with my manager to develop a clear path. Compensation is good and there is plenty of advancement opportunities.

Cons

...I have been able to talk with Watson yet. :) There are no Cons.

2. "RPO"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Frisco, TX

I worked at Kenexa full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Long-term project management Wants to be the best in the RPO Industry

Cons

No work/life balance for field employees Compensation is below market Management needs to show employees that they are valued, seems to be more of a Big I and little you kind of atmosphere Integrity

Advice to Management

Ensure that all employees receive fair increases and promotional opportunities when available

3. "Lip Service"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator

I worked at Kenexa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to work from home for over 2 years and for that I am grateful but it's not everything.

Cons

I enjoyed my job immensely until the work load became unbearable with no one to cover for me so I could take vacation. Found out that my role was a hybrid - so there was no one else doing the exact same job as I was. After receiving 2+ performance ratings 2 yrs in a row the total amount of increase in salary was $140.00. That just doesn't go far. There were PC's who worked much less and made more. When I finally went to my Mgr to discuss promotions/opportunities/more money he lied to me and said he would make that happen which he didn't. I finally had enough and left. Biggest burden lifted off my shoulders ever.

Advice to Management

Don't lie about promotional opportunities; don't hire your friends and don't ignore the employees who work tirelessly for your clients.

5. "IT Professional"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Pros

Ability to get exposure to all types of work. Employees could find opportunity within the organization when it was Kenexa. Employees were dedicated to getting work done.

Cons

Bought by IBM and everything changed. Also, management was a boys club and HR was a resource for management executives only. Employees were managed out when they complained. HR dept was unprofessional. This is the only good change that came with the IBM acquisition.

Advice to Management

Treat employees as humans, you were an HR company with zero knowledge on the H part. It's IBM now anyway, so it doesn't matter.

6. "Kenexa"

Current Employee - Staffing Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Staffing Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Kenexa (More than a year)

Pros

Great flexibility, talented colleagues, empowerment to take ownership over your own work. IBM benefits are top notch

Cons

Poor management; lack of support from said management. Lack of care in retaining and creating upward mobility for high performing employees. Compensation is very low compared to market values in area

7. "Software Developer"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Kenexa full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work, strong leadership team and very customer centric

Cons

Bought By IBM !

Advice to Management

Put customers first and everything else will fall into place

8. "Staffing consultant --who's got your back!?"

Former Employee - Staffing Consultant in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Staffing Consultant in Frisco, TX

Pros

Good resources in form of co-workers and some team members. Some managers and operations folks are really good.

Cons

The idea of areas or circles of excellence is really more of marketing tool vs. a real useful tool. more like recruiter 101 and shooting resumes that don't fit. If you get stuck with recruiters who have never worked on sourcing before; be prepared to do all the client facing and candidate facing work; Operations managers who are too busy being over worked or in survival mode; are affecting other peoples lives by being empty with follow through. No -backfills for support team; meaning you got thrown to the lions when the team fell below critical mass. All in the effort to save a dollar. I think 80% of the people I knew there were gone in the 2 -3 yrs post IBM's acquisition.

Advice to Management

If you offer a client FULL service as in operations, be prepared to buck up and pay for the replacement for when teams get lean or lost. This is a dishonest practice that isn't shared with contracted sites but employees doen't hear about reductions in support staff until its done. Stop with empty promises.

9. "Great environment, team atmosphere"

Current Employee - Recruiter II in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Recruiter II in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Kenexa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the best things about the organization, is that this is not a miro-managed type of recruiting environment. There are goals and timelines that you are accountable for, but your success is not dependent on achieving specific numbers. Great change of pace for anyone who worked in agency recruitment and is looking for a better culture. Great work-life balance and flexibility with work schedules, when needed.

Cons

There has been some recent turnover with people leaving for other opportunities. But it has been to do people seeking a substantial increase in pay.

Advice to Management

None, at this time.

10. "Great place for novice recruiter"

I have been working at Kenexa full-time

Pros

Provide excellent training and great tools.

Cons

Low base pay and bonus

Advice to Management

Pay fair market rate to current employees

11. "I had a great time working here"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Muncy, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Muncy, PA

I worked at Kenexa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed the team I worked with as well as being able to spread the word of how valuable assessments are to the hiring process.

Cons

When I left the first time, because I was relocating from Philadelphia, I was unable to work from home. I enjoyed huge successes at the company and was disappointed not to be able to continue that success remotely.

RSS Feed </> Embed