Kenexa Reviews | Glassdoor

Kenexa Reviews

Updated September 17, 2017

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Kenexa Chairman and CEO Rudy Karsan Sr.
Rudy Karsan Sr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I was able to work from home for over 2 years and for that I am grateful but it's not everything (in 16 reviews)

• Flexible work-life balance and great benefits and training (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Bought by IBM and everything changed (in 7 reviews)

• You'll be exhausted for working long hours, the workload you will be responsible and held accountable for is for 3 people (in 8 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

I worked at Kenexa full-time

Pros

People were great. Lots of upward movement.

Cons

Sold to larger company - IBM

2. "Project"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Kenexa full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture, great teams, awesome CEO Rudy

Cons

We were acquired by Big Blue a con and biggest Con

Advice to Management

Recognize contributions of All staff not just sales

3. "Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Kenexa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people you work with are amazing. Everyone there has you back. The Lincoln office is a tight knit family.

Cons

Communication. Pay. Not always getting a "real" answer. Leadership is not connected to the employees. An "Engagement" company but doesn't focus on its own company engagement. Lost touch with employees.

Advice to Management

Get back to the old kenexa culture. Communicate vision and strategy with employees. Have to be able to keep up with competitors or get left in the dust.

4. "Not okay for remote employees"

I worked at Kenexa full-time

Pros

The company is very process oriented and teaches practices that can translate to any other organization.

Cons

Company needs to work on how to involve remote employees. Often times remote employees are left out of communications and don't feel connected to the company.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your employees and help them feel involved with company practices.

"Can we give a company zero stars?"

I have been working at Kenexa full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Receive IBM Benefits; looks great on a resume; some accounts offer work from home option; when I worked from home I would drink as that was the only way I could get through the amount of stupid e-mails from my manager asking one sentence questions.

Cons

Where do I start? No raise of any kind for 3 years. Small bonuses. No way to move up the company because you are working on independent contracts. Not enough resources to get the job completed properly. The work and process was stupid. The clients could actually replace the rpo with a better system by hiring an HR consultant.

Advice to Management

Ummm no advice. I doubt they would listen anyways.

6. "Business Development Representative"

I worked at Kenexa full-time

Pros

Salary.com has a very interesting and useful product.

Cons

Management was not always consistent or transparent.

7. "Wouldn't recommend"

Pros

You are able to work from home

Cons

There is no room for growth unless you are a favorite

"Do not work for them"

Former Employee - Web Developer in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Kenexa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people on my team were nice I enjoyed being with them. That said it's all I liked about the job

Cons

1. They lied about the job I was hired for. I was interviewed and hired as a web developer. I did no web development, I did 100% data analysis. They lied.
    2. Shortly after I was hired I heard someone say that a work week was on average 65 hours long. I went to the HR department and they verified that. You do not work 40 hours you work 65 or more.
    3. A friend of mine there who started work at about the same time had sister who was getting married about 4 months in from when we started the job. My friend requested and WAS Granted the day off for the wedding. When she came back from the wedding she got in trouble because she didn't take her computer with her and work on her sisters wedding day and her day off. I then found out that you were 100% expected to take your computer with you on vacation and work.

When we did our own review of our work and I have the review results.......... we rated 15%. Yes, the lowest of ALL companies that used our reviewing.

Advice to Management

Lord what advice? See the cons above, punishing people work not working during vacations. Expecting people to work over 65 hours a week and lying about what hob you hired for? Advice? I'd quite the job if I were you.

"The Modern Day Slave."

Current Employee - SC TA LM in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - SC TA LM in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Kenexa full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you have the chance to be a telecommuter, you have the flexibility to work from home. You have a good package of benefits (PTO/vacation, health and dental are ok, you may be eligible for variable compensation/bonus) that all sound great at first.

Cons

If you're considering joining this team, please do your research. The Kenexa Dept. of IBM is a hit and miss and depending on the RPO account you go for, you'll be in for the worst job of your life (example the UnitedHealth Group account is the worst). You'll be exhausted for working long hours, the workload you will be responsible and held accountable for is for 3 people. You want to take vacation off? Good luck. You need to find backups for you while you're out and expect to work 60 to 70 hours on the next week once you're back to keep up with all. Everyone, including your supervisors are drowning with work, always very busy and nobody has time to stop and think about what they are doing. You can kiss your personal/social life goodbye. People are rude to you and if you can't keep up with the work that is expected of you (which you won't, trust me) then they will make you feel like the worst person in the world.

Advice to Management

You need to stop asking your employees why things are falling apart. You must know that you are overworking everyone. You have recruiters, coordinators, Staffing Consultants (aka Talent Advisor, Liaison Managers) crying for help. Nobody is happy and those that try to speak up are chopped down quickly. If you ever give a damn about your employees (truly caring not just this hypocritical approach you have) then you need to stand up and either say no to the client's illusionary demands or charge extra for what you do. This will allow you to hire more people to do the job required. Having reports asking "what are we doing to close this req" is an example of how busy everyone is that nobody seems to care about what's truly happening. Perhaps if you wouldn't overwork your TAs there wouldn't be a need to explain to the client "what we are doing to close reqs" because guess what? The reqs would be closed faster. I know this comment will go right above management head, but if you're reading this review and you're thinking about applying, please be advised. This place is a revolving door - I wish I knew this before I turn down other offers just because "IBM" sounded amazing. IBM is really a great company, Kenexa? That's a whole different story....

"Infighting, Finger-Pointing, and Favoritism"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Lincoln, NE

Pros

Fast-moving company with some great colleagues. Tries hard to eat its own dog food. Interesting products and processes. Good executive leadership.

Cons

Rampant favoritism and managerial infighting. A year of nearly flawless performance and improved metrics--when the company itself his a much higher level of goals and revenues--I saw my bonus cut by 80% when it should have doubled or tripled, mostly as a result of a management coup that had nothing to do with me.

Advice to Management

Still waiting for my 2011 bonus.