Kenexa Reviews | Glassdoor

Kenexa Reviews

2.9
Kenexa Chairman and CEO Rudy Karsan Sr.
Rudy Karsan Sr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "This does come with the cost of average working hours being between 55 and 60 hours a week for salary employees" (in 6 reviews)

• "Best place for the localities of Vizag to work with" (in 5 reviews)

"Awesome place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Kenexa full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great leadership and tons of opportunity to grow your talent and your career. Amazing place to work.

Cons

Was purchased by IBM and they tore it apart.

"Forgotten Employees"

Current Employee - Lead Recruiter in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Recruiter in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Kenexa full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As part of IBM, you have access to the many benefits offered, an impressive library of training, and the prestige of calling yourself an IBMer.

You'll also have access to the thousands of internal openings within IBM - which may seem great at first, but read on...

Cons

Despite being an IBM company, Kenexa unfortunately runs its own boat. Management is for the most part negative, authoritarian and picks favorites over hard work. Speaking of hard work, most of the accounts will burden you with unmanageable workload, straight from the beginning, and they will laugh at your face if you ask for help. Their excuse is always the same, "so and so is doing it well, why can't you do the same?" (Maybe because so and so makes 20k more? But sure...) Their bonuses are a joke - the recruiter told me it was from 6 to 8% of my annual base, this has changed so many times on purpose to keep you confused. You'll get no more than a few hundred dollars per year, if you're lucky.
    It's an overall negative work environment, there are so many bottle necks that slow down the process and instead of fixing that, they add another step to ask you why work is so slow. It's really hard to believe, but it's true.

As far as the internal opportunities for growth, you'll see them all, but as you're now part of Kenexa, you're actually in a worse position than an external to move across divisions. For one, as Kenexa is recruiting and IBM is mostly IT, you'll won't meet the requirements of many reqs but even with those that you do, you'll get nowhere. Not even a "thank you for applying" letter, which is so ironic given the fact in every account I worked with, it's our responsibility to review every single candidate almost daily. I guess internal candidates aren't important to the company, as nobody seems to care about them.

Advice to Management

What's the point? It will go in one ear and out the other, if they even bother reading these.

"4 years of misery"

Former Employee - Database Administrator in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Database Administrator in Southfield, MI

I worked at Kenexa full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None you’ll regret it on the first day.

Cons

Kenexa will have you doing the same tasks repetitively and never give you the experience or the software to transfer to new positions or new jobs. Their processes and services are horrible.

Advice to Management

Horrible uneducated people with no real knowledge on how to conduct meaningful business. This company needs an over haul.

4. "Best place to work"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Waltham, MA

I worked at Kenexa full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overload and not may open source softwares

Cons

No work life balance, busy release schedule

"Kenexa has been ruined"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Kenexa full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Started with Kenexa. Great team, great manager, great benefits, great products. Many chances for growth.

Cons

IBM acquired Kenexa and have destroyed the business. They do not want thinkers, or anyone to give ideas. They refuse to listen to anyone with experience and push Watson and everything must be self service Clients don't like it and are turning elsewhere as they should! In fact RUN!

Advice to Management

Provide real managers. Not your friend you wanted promoted or someone who has never been a manager and thinks they are God. Dont work here.

"Project"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Kenexa full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture, great teams, awesome CEO Rudy

Cons

We were acquired by Big Blue a con and biggest Con

Advice to Management

Recognize contributions of All staff not just sales

7. "Not okay for remote employees"

I worked at Kenexa full-time

Pros

The company is very process oriented and teaches practices that can translate to any other organization.

Cons

Company needs to work on how to involve remote employees. Often times remote employees are left out of communications and don't feel connected to the company.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your employees and help them feel involved with company practices.

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Kenexa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people you work with are amazing. Everyone there has you back. The Lincoln office is a tight knit family.

Cons

Communication. Pay. Not always getting a "real" answer. Leadership is not connected to the employees. An "Engagement" company but doesn't focus on its own company engagement. Lost touch with employees.

Advice to Management

Get back to the old kenexa culture. Communicate vision and strategy with employees. Have to be able to keep up with competitors or get left in the dust.

9. "Business Development Representative"

I worked at Kenexa full-time

Pros

Salary.com has a very interesting and useful product.

Cons

Management was not always consistent or transparent.

"Can we give a company zero stars?"

I have been working at Kenexa full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Receive IBM Benefits; looks great on a resume; some accounts offer work from home option; when I worked from home I would drink as that was the only way I could get through the amount of stupid e-mails from my manager asking one sentence questions.

Cons

Where do I start? No raise of any kind for 3 years. Small bonuses. No way to move up the company because you are working on independent contracts. Not enough resources to get the job completed properly. The work and process was stupid. The clients could actually replace the rpo with a better system by hiring an HR consultant.

Advice to Management

Ummm no advice. I doubt they would listen anyways.