Kenexa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Kenexa

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kenexa (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Work culture is pretty bad though they portray nicely during the interview. Interview is easy.

Interview Questions

• There were few questions in the online test they ask you to take.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There will not be any negotiation or wiggle room.

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kenexa (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Very Streamlined and efficient... It better be as it is a Human Resource Capital Management company. These guys know what their doing and they are smart to call candidates in or out quickly so as to not waste either party's time or effort.

Interview Questions

• "Lets pretend, for a moment we offered you the position today at a salary more than twice what you made last year. This is just pretend now... How would you continue to push yourself if money was no longer the driving force to excel in a competitive sales role? And what are looking for from your management team to keep you inspired to be more successful day in and day out?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

The role was to sell compensation software. They offered 20% more than what the role typically should list at for inside sales executive. No need to get greedy, it was more than a fair offer.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kenexa (Lincoln, NE) in February 2012.

Interview

Had to take an assessment and then come in for one meeting. I met with the team of 5 people and they wanted examples of work I have done in the past.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kenexa (Boston, MA).

Interview

My resume was mined off Monster so I received a phone screen call from a recruiter. I was then advanced to the VP of Client Services for a phone interview. I then met with the department manager and was also provided a co-worker's contact information for a peer review. After that, I was flown out to Boston to meet other division managers and had lunch with the department manager who I would be reporting to. The experience was positive and I was definitely "sold" the company and culture while I was there. "Webhire" had just been acquired by Kenexa and so the team that interviewed me was from the original Webhire crew. My interview process was more indicative of how Webhire managed it and not Kenexa so there was some confusion about next steps once I was made an offer. It was AFTER I was hired that they had me complete a behavioral assessment (good thing I was a good fit for the position!). I'm not sure if they still administer these assessments, but don't be surprised if you're required to complete one. The cool thing was that when I went to Lincoln, NE for my company orientation, I got to meet with one of Kenexa's staff PhD's to review my behavioral assessment--one of the highlights of my trip. Orientation seemed like a waste of time as there was a lot of information related to working in the office (dress code, etc), although I was a virtual employee.

Interview Questions

• "What's your current salary?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had also received another offer from a local company on the same day. Both offers were comparable so there was no need to negotiate. The one thing I requested was more vacation time as I was giving up 4 weeks from my current job, and the offer only included 2 weeks and was denied any increase (I requested 3 weeks). I accepted the offer anyway.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kenexa (Lincoln, NE) in February 2010.

Interview

Easiest interview ever. All I had to do was show up it seemed. The questions were your typical sales interview questions, a phone assessment, meet with two hiring managers and a peer and I got an offer. They called my references and I was done. I started 7 days later.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your hardest challenge in life outside of work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kenexa (Frisco, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

One interview, very short, no skills questions were asked. It was a one on one with an Operations Manager. Only explained RPO set up, it fell very far out of interview standards. I felt I got the job too easily.

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kenexa (Frisco, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

I had a phone screen which was behavioral and then a face to face with the immediate hiring manager. They want you to know about the culture and values and pick your favorite; then talk about it during the interview. I was hired before the acquisition by IBM was in full effect so I'm not sure that this commentary reflects current practices. It depends on the hiring manager but it's a pretty laid back process.

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kenexa (Richardson, TX) in May 2008.

Interview

Peformed additional research on the organization, met with 3 people the same day for recruiting position. Heard back from organization in less than a week with a job offer, started 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• No question unexpected or difficult, came prepared fo rthe interview.   Answer Question

Recruiter I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kenexa in June 2013.

Interview

Ridiculous and unorganized. I applied for a recruiter position online, and instantly got a call from an internal recruiter who told me that their pay range was about 8k less than what I wanted, and tried to convince me that she could get me in for a recruiter coordinator position so that I could gain more experience. She scheduled me for a phone screen that day, which I completed. I never heard back so tried to call a few days later, and her phone number did not work. I was unsuccessful with tracking her down for feedback.
    A month later I got a call stating that they wanted to set up an interview for a Recruiter I position. I scheduled the phone interview, and the manager never called. I called that recruiter and we rescheduled. I was told that they could only do it at 12noon and it would take an hour, and I only had a 30 minute lunch. I was able to arrange it, and that manager did not call me, another one did 10 minutes late. He was nice, apologized for the last episode, told me about the position, and basically we went through a review of a resume. I was told the decision would be made quickly, but I never heard back. I called to check and was told that someone would call me that next week. I heard nothing. I called again about a week later, and was treated like I was a burden. 6 weeks later, no answer. If I had to take time out, and lose pay for an interview, I should at least get an answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about each position on your resume, how it pertains to this job, and why you left.   1 Answer

Recruiter I Interview

Application

Interview

The hiring or 'onboarding process' is very long and drawn out.

Interview Questions

• I had two interviews here and was extremely nervous for my first one and was rejected. The second one, I was more relaxed and pretty much lead the interview. I don't remember any specific questions, though the process was broken down to me as I came with no recruiting experience. My hiring manager made me feel very relaxed and at ease.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I got what I asked for.