Knowledge Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Joe Bielawski

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "What a great group of people"

Current Employee - Director in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Director in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Knowledge Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture of caring about people
    Very competitive salary and benefits
    Work Life Balance
    Opportunity for growth and advancement

Cons

Travel required to client sites across U.S.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and continue to invest in your people.

Jun 13, 2017 – Marketing

Dear Reviewer: Thank you so much for leaving your feedback. We are delighted to learn that your time with Knowledge Services has supported you in achieving a healthy work/life balance, and... More

2. "Fast growing company and wonderful place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Knowledge Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is experiencing tremendous growth and there is a real opportunity to actively shape and define one's role as well as evolve your career. Company actively promotes from within and encourages internal employee growth. Management team embraces both strategic thinkers as well as those who are operational and tactical. Company makes an investment in their employees and provides the tools and training to become more efficient and strengthen their career. Should one join as a contract resource for our growing client base, there is continuous stream of opportunity to join long term engagements or move to new projects when an assignment may be completed.

Cons

None experienced thus far!

Jun 12, 2017 – Marketing

Dear Reviewer: Thank you for taking the time to leave your genuine and positive feedback. We sincerely apologize for the delay in our response as your review didn't come through to us until this... More

"Worst Place I've Ever Worked"

I have been working at Knowledge Services full-time

Pros

First impression was ok, CEO seemed to care. But new job jitters always helps one turn a blind eye to the cons.

Cons

CFO seemed very condescending, I often felt sorry for those in his department. They all seem nervous, and scared working for a man like him. Heard stories of embezzlement. That the person who did the research, and helped find the prior employee who stole money, was never thanked, but fired. Are they hiding something?
    Nepotism, I read through the other reviews, and I'm not the only one that sees this is a HUGE problem with the company, unless you're family. Family is offered promotions and annual raises, while the rest of the employees don't receive annual raises, or any type of bonus.
    They have another company called Dot Staff, that is pretty much the same office, and environment. No raises, no chance of career advancement

Advice to Management

Sell the company to an organization that can increase productivity and morale by actually making their employees want to work, instead of feeling like they hate going there. Pretty offices don't equal happy workers.

Nov 4, 2016 – Marketing

Dear Reviewer, To begin, thank you for your patience, as the delay in our response is a result of our research to provide accurate, current information. We’d like to take this time to acknowledge... More

"DFR/Fssa"

Current Employee - Eligibility Associate in Noblesville, IN
    Current Employee - Eligibility Associate in Noblesville, IN

I have been working at Knowledge Services (More than a year)

Pros

I like helping people who need help in public assistance

Cons

Benefits and I am not a state employee I am contracted with knowledge services

Advice to Management

Benefits and PTO

"recruiter"

Current Employee - Legal Secretary in Daleville, IN
    Current Employee - Legal Secretary in Daleville, IN

I have been working at Knowledge Services part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I WAS WORKING A JOB AS LEGAL SECRETARY AND LOVED IT BECAUSE ITS WHAT I LIKE TO DO. Criminal law is my passion though.

Cons

Only a temp job that would NEVER hire full time no benefits

Advice to Management

Don't believe everything you see

6. "Solid Organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Great atmosphere, good co-workers, ownership treats their employees well.

Cons

There are some people who continue to work here who should not be here anymore.

"Great Place to work!"

I have been working at Knowledge Services full-time

Pros

Knowledge Services corporate office is one of the nicest offices environments in town. The founders take tremendous pride in making sure the office has the amenities in place to enjoy coming to work each day. Each person has the opportunity to make an impact every day no matter what role. There has been tremendous growth within the organization which creates great opportunities for people to try new areas of the business and get promoted to further develop their careers. If you approach your work with the right attitude, no matter what company you are with, you will really appreciate how much effort it takes to create a company that values its employees. I truly admire how much emphasis this company places on its values and principals. You will be rewarded for your efforts as long as you continue to work hard, add value, carry a great attitude and have some patience.

Cons

The company has grown significantly over the last 4 years and as a result, it requires everyone to work harder at creating process standards. Sometimes that can be hard for people who come from organizations where process manuals are the norm. Each person has autonomy and the opportunity to make a difference with their ideas, experiences and hard work.

Advice to Management

You will always have critics, but don't let that over shadow the hard work and great company this has become over the years.

8. "Good for contract position"

Current Employee - Administrative in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Administrative in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Decent pay, pleasant people to work with

Cons

not permanent, benefits, no holiday pay

"Really...losers, cheats and thieves...a bit strong and bitter."

Current Employee - Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Knowledge Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some employees are satisfied with the company. Don't know why, but not my call on their reasons for staying with Knowledge Services.

Cons

There have been a flurry of reviews lately about Knowledge Services. What upset the past and current employees I know was the cultural video and the five star ratings. Honestly for most of the current and former employees, the culture is difficult. It is hard to watch family members be promoted over other employees more deserving. Or a family member be place in a position they are not qualified for that others in the company should be placed. To see the perks the family enjoys is hard on the worker bees for their loyalty and hard work is not rewarded as well. The talk is everyone is 'family', but in reality they are just employees and very replaceable. The difficult environment comes from the top. As far as cheats, losers and thieves describing other reviewers, not true and unprofessionally stated.

Advice to Management

It is interesting in the cultural video only the young and beautiful people were filmed and not your long term employees. It is good you are interested in charitable causes, but contributions should be up to the employees. The constant surveillance of the office is probably the most disturbing policy of the company. The lack of trust just crushes morale. Employees are adults and should be treated as such. The CEO should reevaluate her attitude and pride of being the Queen of the company. You and Joe need to stop being threatened by others abilities to help grow the company.
    In all just not worth the constant mistrust on both sides of the table. Find another company to put your energy into for career. Also one question potential employees might want to ask about is their former company KRG.

"Looking elsewhere"

Current Employee - Customer Relations in Castleton, IN
    Current Employee - Customer Relations in Castleton, IN

I have been working at Knowledge Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They teach fabulous life lessons on nepotism and how to disrespect people. They keep you on your toes because they seem to fire people for no discernible reason. They do support charitable causes.. by "encouraging" their employees to donate THEIR money which, of course, then gives the company (and its owners) a bigger tax deduction.. the benefits of which they don't seem to share. They also have a "wellness committee" - which is likely in place only to try to lower the company's healthcare costs on their terrible plans they offer

Cons

Management is pretentious and cares more about appearance than treating people well.

There are no annual reviews because they "come with an expectation of a raise." Meanwhile, family members get "promotions" to newly created positions while seemingly doing nothing. Notice the 3 positive reviews on 10/1/15? I'd guess that was their task for that day..

This place makes me hate getting out of bed each day and hopefully I, and the many others who feel the same way, can move onto something better soon.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees well.. Because the other ones notice when you don't.