Kronos Incorporated Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1

1,092 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Different organizations within Kronos behave differently as far as the work-life balance" (in 42 reviews)

• "There are no cons for this internship" (in 47 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Kronos is a Fantastic place to work!"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Lowell, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Lowell, MA

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

> Challenged to, encouraged to and assisted in developing and expanding your career path.
    > Company Leaders had a great vision and commit to it.
    > Great Managers.
    > Good Benefits
    > Competitive salary.
    > Customer and truly Employee oriented company.
    > Great location and fantastic office layout.

Cons

> Parking.
    > Enthusiastic colleagues make it a bit noisy (small cubicles).

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

2. "Sales Director"

Current Employee - Director of Sales in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Director of Sales in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with Kronos for almost 15 years and cannot say enough about the great corporate culture. From the top leadership to front line management, I have always felt respected and supported in my work. #gladtobehere

Cons

We no longer have stock options because we are privately held.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

3. "2 years into my career at Kronos. Love it!"

Current Employee - Presales Consultant
    Current Employee - Presales Consultant

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great culture of employee engagement
    - Many opportunities to work remotely
    - MyTime - Unlimited vacation time contributes towards great work/life balance
    - CEO sets the tone for the company and truly cares for the employees
    - Believes and invests in its own products and gives employees the autonomy to be a part of its growth.
    - Cares about the company's perception and uses it as a recruiting tool to hire top talent. This drives management to continue to look for ways to improve both the company and its leadership.

Cons

- 401k matching is only $.50 on the $1. The three previous companies I've worked for matched $1 for $1 up to 6%.
    - As with many companies lately, HSA high deductible health plans are expensive and high costs out of pocket. Kronos has other plans to chose from as well. This isn't a reflection on Kronos; however some companies still offer traditional health insurance such as copays.
    - Privately owned company. There's always a risk to be purchased or go public which can change the company entirely.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

4. "Excellent People and atmosphere."

Current Employee - Intern in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Intern in Houston, TX

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Respectful employees and healthy, productive culture. Everyone is happy to help or answer questions, and senior management are responsive and encouraging.

Cons

None that I know of!

"I Wasn’t Asked/Required/Rewarded to Write this"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I’m approaching the end of my 2nd week here and I cannot begin to explain my excitement for the future.

- Supportive Management: I’m learning a new software and product, but management has repeatedly told me not to burn myself out on studying. They are giving me a whole quarter to get my feet wet, sending me to training at one of their major offices on the east coast next month, and provide daily training/homework to help ease the learning curve.

- Perks: I have been employed by 10 different employers in my past and I can honestly say the perks at Kronos are by far the best I’ve ever had. The medical plan can be a little bit better, but the other perks make up for it tenfold.

- Atmosphere: Amazing working environment, where you truly feel supported. On day one, they set you up with fancy/up-to-date technology. You don’t have to worry about the company because it’s been successful since inception. You don’t have to worry about turnover because it’s rare people leave. If they do, it’s probably because they got employed to be an astronaut or professional sports player. Seriously, that other job/offer has to be a ridiculous package.

- Room for Growth: Kronos in itself is an enormous company, with a family feel. There are so many jobs and career paths within the company and it’s refreshing to know that if I ever wanted to, I can move through different departments. Moreover it’s motivating when you see peers around you getting promoted for hard work (I know three people within feet of me that have been promoted in the past 6 months).

- They just want you to succeed and be happy. They provide all the resources you could ever need. I have never worked for a company where they don’t want your job to be the focal point of your life. “We want Kronos to be an important aspect in your life, but not the most important one.”

Cons

If I had to say anything at all, we need more ping pong balls in the break room... I kid. Probably the medical plan.

Advice to Management

You folks know what you’re doing. I truly appreciate the support.

"Propaganda fuels culture perceptions in 2018."

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Lowell, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Lowell, MA

I worked at Kronos Incorporated full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work with smart people.
    CEO is inspirational.
    PR team is talented at winning best-company awards for the company.

Cons

The CEO’s message and values do not get consistently followed. After several years of buying into Aron’s message of life comes first and hug your family, it seemed less and less followed over time.

Silent layoffs and managing people out have become the norm, in multiple departments, over the last couple of years.

Promises are made of career growth opportunities and aren’t kept or explained. How are there not career paths at a company that sells software which runs workplaces?

If you consider a career at Kronos, put yourself first. I regret working all those extra hours, for the good of the company, instead of focusing on enhancing my skill set. Some departments can be extremely siloed so you may only use a small sub-set of skills important to your career function and growth.

There are deep, 20+ year relationships that are extremely difficult to navigate.

Notice how many of the positive reviews here are written by sales people.

Advice to Management

Respect your people through transparent discussions and expectations. Don’t try to see how much someone can take regarding workload/hours if there’s not a good fit. Be respectful. Use less propaganda internally and in your applications for best-company awards.

Take action on the numerous employee engagement surveys you invest in - I was candid and never heard one word.

Add diversity to the leadership team - it’s much more important than beautiful accommodations in 2018!

7. "Great Place to Grow..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kronos is evolving from a small niche company to a scalable enterprise company with an emphasis on quality software and customer satisfaction.

Cons

There are still a few shadows of an older monolithic legacy company.

Advice to Management

If you want to work for it, you have the ability to go to any tier in the company.

"Great company to work for"

Pros

CEO is extremely visible and approachable.
    Building and amenities are second to none
    Great pay, excellent benefits

Cons

Management not to flexible with working remote.

Advice to Management

Need to explore allowing employees to work remote a couple days a week.

"Customer Success"

Current Employee - Customer Success
    Current Employee - Customer Success

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked at Kronos for many, many years. I have always appreciated that Kronos values new talent. Someone just joining the company can be just as impactful as a tenured employee. Kronos continues to strive for a positive and healthy work environment. It emphasizes employee development and work/life balance. Kronos supports community service activities. All of this while engineering products that bring real value to its customers.

Cons

No company is perfect, but I truly believe that Kronos tries to be.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

I worked at Kronos Incorporated full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits. Good interpersonal culture. Enthusiastic leadership. Clear and frequent communications. Excellent training programs and continuous skills development.

Cons

Frequent shifts in priorities. Failure to follow through on programmatic commitments. Emphasis on quarter to quarter growth instead of long term viability, especially during economic downturns. High senior leadership turnover (contributes to shifting priorities and continuity of commitments).

Advice to Management

Knee-jerk reactions to economic environment blips are unwise for a 40+ year company with a record high consecutive quarters of revenue growth.

Showing 1,092 of 1,181 reviews