Kustomer Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Kustomer Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2019

Found 29 reviews

4.7
Kustomer CEO Brad Birnbaum
Brad Birnbaum
  1. Featured Review

"Kustomer is the place. Period. Grab a seat at the table - if you can."

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Kustomer full-time for more than a year

Pros

Freshly brewed coffee and kombucha on-tap The Dream Team (Brad/Jermey) Sales Leadership (Vikas aka Lord Commander) Peers that push you to be better and go the extra mile Working with awesome brands Disrupting the market 100% health benefits covered 401K starting soon

Cons

Office space is becoming tight Music playlist can be better on some days It’s an ice box in the office

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees and customers.

Kustomer2019-01-12
  2. "Rocket ship"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Kustomer full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company with a great vision!

Cons

None that I can think of. I have loved my time here so far.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Kustomer2019-07-19

"Almost, but not quite."

I have been working at Kustomer full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company does a great job at hiring friendly employees. Everyone has something unique to offer. There’s also a lot of potential for organizational growth and client base is becoming increasingly impressive.

Cons

Your experience here is heavily dependent on the department in which you work. Highly recommend thinking twice before applying for a position, especially on the CX team. Hours are endless and hard work is rarely ever recognized. Management seems to constantly ignore employee concerns. Unless you’re on the Product/Engineering teams, you’re essentially set up to fail. There’s also a substantial lack of diversity and... it doesn’t seem to be of core importance to upper management.

Advice to Management

Listen to your teams’ concerns and make sure you’re supporting them.

Kustomer2019-07-25
  4. "Challenging and Rewarding Startup"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at Kustomer full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Company is growing exponentially (Series B, C and D in less than a year) - Full confidence in Brad and Jeremy - Great customer brands - 100% healthcare coverage - Amazing co-workers who are willing to go above and beyond

Cons

Very few! - Office space is getting crowded and noisy but they are working to resolve this. - Not exactly a con but you must have a startup mentality to succeed at Kustomer. If you’re motivated by aggressive goals in an extremely fast-paced environment, then this is the place for you.

Kustomer2019-06-06
  5. "Exciting Company with Great Coworkers"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Kustomer full-time for less than a year

Pros

- amazing coworkers and managers who genuinely want you to succeed - impressive product that resonates well with the most forward-thinking brands out there - Office snacks, team events, generous time off policy, etc. make for a comfortable and fun office culture - 100% health benefits

Cons

- no 401k matching - office is getting crowded but I'm sure this will be addressed soon - this is a competitive environment which may not be for everyone, but I personally find it rewarding

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to and invest in your employees.

Kustomer2019-06-04

"Your mileage may vary"

I worked at Kustomer full-time for less than a year

Pros

Overall, the comp structure isn't too bad depending on your role at the company. You can feel how young the company is, which is good or bad depending on who you are because it is sink or swim. * Snacks/kitchen * Benefits * Office location * Serious about tech debt and engineering investments * Strong technical leadership * Transparent at the org-level

Cons

It's unusual writing cons because I agree with many of the reviews (smart founders, decent comp), but the company took a turn in 2018 when there was change in leadership. It was noticeably different. Some departments started to have unspoken deadlines and extreme pressure, which caused employees to fall ill. If you want to work until 10 PM to put in extra effort for weeks to help your team, it isn't recognized and... probably won't help you succeed. Some of the new leadership feels dishonest, disrespectful, and unhealthy for the company. * Can be divisive, political, and siloed between departments - engineering in its own world, sales doing its own thing, etc. * Transparency severely decreased for non-engineering departments (deadlines, success metrics, deadlines) * Jobs do not feel secure due to political personalities/leadership - feel very replaceable as an individual. You're never actually heard if your manager is not good. * Interpersonal issues with managers are NOT resolved - the expectation is you will resolve all issues with your manager yourself, which isn't always possible if you aren't comfortable even talking to that manager. This is poor process.

Kustomer2019-04-09
  7. "Huge upside- with risk"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Kustomer full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Kustomer offers AEs the ability to step in and close deals in the six and seven figure range. Work closely with marketing, product and CX. Great leadership.

Cons

Build your own turf from scratch. Few leads

Advice to Management

Keep building the engine

Kustomer2019-03-13

"Dream job with dream people"

Current Employee - Product Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at Kustomer full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is an amazing place to work if you like fast paced environments, awesome people, challenging projects to work on, quick results of your work and some awesome office snacks. Everyone is so smart and great at their jobs and also extremely willing to share knowledge to make each other better. Could not love it here more.

Cons

Not any cons personally but it is a fast paced startup so those wanting huge structure may find it slightly challenging.

Kustomer2019-01-25

"I actually enjoy going to work"

Current Employee - Implementation Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Kustomer full-time for less than a year

Pros

- 100% health, vision, dental coverage - Genuinely the nicest people I have ever worked with who are always there to help you learn and grow - Incredible work/life balance - An actual team atmosphere - An amazing product that sells itself - Constant innovation - Kitchen is always stocked with snacks - Bar - Cold brew coffee and kombucha always on tap - Catered lunches every month - Pre-tax commuter... benefits - Compensation is awesome - Leadership is there for YOU, not the other way around. They want to see you excel and are constantly checking in to see how they can help you be more efficient. - Clear growth path with the ability to learn and transfer into higher positions - Weekly tech talks where experienced developers teach you really fascinating things about new technology they're excited about - Employee polls where leadership actually LISTENS TO YOUR RESPONSES and adjust policies accordingly. I honestly can't say enough about this place. Joining the team was the best decision I have ever made. This is a very bright, young group that is focused on creating the best possible CRM tool on the market.

Cons

I honestly can't think of one.

Advice to Management

They don't need any advice. They're good, intelligent people who have great attitudes and love to see their people happy and productive. They just get it.

Kustomer2019-01-05

"Awesome Place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Kustomer full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company is awesome to work at. Love the people and the executive team. Super swanky snacks. Great product.

Cons

None. Loved my time here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Kustomer2018-04-22