Lab49 Reviews

McKinsey & Company

130 Comments

343.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Lab49~257101
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Fast Growing Firm and Interesting projects

May 19, 2022 - Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. I get to work from home 100% with occasional travel to a Client site (since we both are located in the same area) 2. Get to attend some conferences (Blockchain, Fintech related) 3. Big focus on learning and development 4. A fun and engaging Book Club 5. Colleagues (across all the global locations) are very passionate about their areas and this has given momentum and support from Senior Management to build in-house innovation pods / hackathons that are open to anyone across the firm 6. Overall, very interesting projects!

Cons

Bonus could be better. Hopefully it improves with the accelerated growth that the company is experiencing

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Making an effort to stay relevant

May 4, 2022 -  in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great to see them supporting people to embrace interesting tech like blockchain and cloud

Cons

So-so benefits, and weak 401k match.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Pursuing Your Interests Is Not Only Allowed but Encouraged

Apr 12, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Pursuing your interests and being proactive and vocal about it is encouraged rather than something that management attempts to suppress. I took a risk joining this company as a frontend engineer wanting to eventually get into the crypto and blockchain engineering space, thinking there may be possibilities for this as Lab49 does fintech software consulting, but nothing was a certainty to me. As a new employee I initially was quite tentative and hesitant about pursuing this as the "new guy", and that I should stay in my lane, deliver well on my client work, and maybe do some crypto/blockchain lessons on the side through the company provided Pluralsight membership... and maybe eventually I could speak up about it after some time. It turns out, from a chance conversation with a colleague on the same client assignment as me, that there were other individuals interested in the crypto space as well. Not only that, but on a very short couple days notice they encouraged me to join them to go to the Bitcoin 2022 conference where we were able to network and speak with other industry level individuals, professionals, and companies in the space about what they were building and potential partnerships and opportunities. Not only was it a great experience at the conference given my interest in crypto, but I am now assured that there is certainly opportunity for me to get the further exposure I wanted in the crypto/blockchain space here at Lab49 (on top of attending the conference we are very active about it, having several meetings a week about working in the space and discussions in our Teams chat daily). More importantly, however, I now understand that anything I truthfully want to pursue that would benefit not just the company but align with my career interests is not just a possibility but encouraged. It is great knowing that you are able to speak up about your feelings and desires. -Highly intelligent, technical, friendly, and empathetic team members and colleagues that encourage and root for you -Great compensation and benefits

Cons

Nothing that I have experienced yet

3 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0

Great People, Great Energy

Apr 7, 2022 - Senior Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, projects, leadership are all great

Cons

Can’t think of anything at the moment

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Mar 4, 2022 - Web UI Developer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people & many devs with +8yrs of industry experience

Cons

Management could be better. Had a hard time growing

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company to Work for!

Feb 7, 2022 - Analyst in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cutting Edge Projects at Financial Institutions.

Cons

Work/Life Balance needs to improve.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great overall!

Dec 29, 2021 - Consultant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Way ahead in league of any service based companies - People are amazing! Always friendly and supportive - A lot of learning opportunities - Strong leadership team - Top tier clients - Relatively good work life balance for consulting - Good compensation

Cons

None I can think of

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing workplace, great minds

Aug 5, 2021 - Associate in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

work/life balance Appreciation through promotions Opportunity to work with some very amazing and smart minds. Everyone at Lab breathed TECH, and there was a constant feeling of trying to push the industry standards higher at all times Job stability: constant flow of new projects, I went through the whole pandemic at Lab, and never once felt like I might lose my position

Cons

Compensation could be a bit better. Reviews and bonuses can sometimes be delayed (but they always come)

3 people found this review helpful

Lab49 Response

We love working with smart people too! It is always our goal to keep pushing the standards higher in tech for our clients. As 2021 comes to a close, we appreciate you bringing the importance of this to our attention and we look forward to delivering performance and promotion cycles on time in coming years, as they were for 2020. If you have further feedback, please do not hesitate to send to feedback@lab49.com

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

"I know someone who used to work at lab"

Sep 13, 2021 - Senior Developer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lab is run by some exceptional people however they look down in disdain at the mere mortals they have to work with and don't get them started on their clients.

Cons

There were once some great people who cared here but unfortunately they had morals so had to leave. Maybe you have the unique mix of arrogance and skills to work here?

9 people found this review helpful

Lab49 Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to be hiring more exceptional people to meet the growing needs of our clients, and look forward to building out all levels of the organization. Our focus now is on a great employee experience. We can't comment on another company's page but wish Adaptive the best of luck. If you have further feedback, please do not hesitate to send to feedback@lab49.com

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Much changed

Jul 19, 2021 - Senior Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Diverse technical opportunities. More opportunities to work with different technologies and businesses than most jobs.

Cons

Some projects are underestimated and not all are interesting. All of mine were interesting though I have heard complaints. Project startup can be rocky.

Lab49 Response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Working on different, challenging and exciting projects is key to your experience at Lab, and we are putting more processes in place to ease transition into new projects. As Lab is in hyper growth mode, we are working to hire and train the best leaders in our space and know how much it matters to our team members’ experiences. We are confident that technical leadership is on the rise! If you have further feedback, please do not hesitate to send to feedback@lab49.com

Viewing 1 - 10 of 145 Reviews

Lab49 Reviews FAQs

Lab49 has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 150 reviews left anonymously by employees. 63% of employees would recommend working at Lab49 to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 11% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Lab49 employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Lab49. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

63% of Lab49 employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Lab49 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Lab49 to be compensation, career development, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, management, culture.

Popular Careers with Lab49 Job Seekers