LasikPlus Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Craig Joffe

1. "Human Resources"

I have been working at LasikPlus full-time

Pros

Love this job! Not only do I like what I do, but the people I work with as well. I was treated well right off the bat, and I am very excited for my future with this company.

Cons

None that come to mind.

Advice to Management

Keep it up :)

"Meh"

Former Employee - Center Director
    Former Employee - Center Director

I worked at LasikPlus (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent Pay, Decent hours,Free lasik

Cons

Terrible management, awful doctors, unrealistic leadership

Advice to Management

Be better

"Bad treatment of employees outside of corporate"

Current Employee - Technician
    Current Employee - Technician

I have been working at LasikPlus full-time

Pros

The actual work is nice of making patients happy, WHEN it's not overwhelming. Pay is ok, hours are ok, office and location is nice

Cons

They don't put a limit on amount of patients on surgery days so those days can be long and exhausting especially if you are a laser tech on your feet all day. There is a constant battle with scheduling dept to adjust schedules when needed so instead the center deals with overbooked days.Too much emphasis on social media to the point we are annoying patients and putting less focus on the actual medical side to it. Lastly it is now harder than ever for an employee to take a day off since this company has gotten so greedy and doesn't want to adjust patient schedules and decrease volume when it is needed.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better if you don't want good ones leaving. Do a better job on their "work-life balance" and don't restrict/deny when they can take a day off. Life doesn't happen outside of Q1. Also, either let the center have control of their block time or be more accommodating when asked to make a change to it. We know with the staffing in the center what works in order to give the patient a good experience. Ease up on social media a bit

5. "Optometrist"

Current Employee - Optometrist in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Optometrist in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at LasikPlus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The staff and patients are amazing! I truly enjoy going to work every day. Pay is fair, and we are also eligible for bonuses. Good benefits. It's a fun work environment. We get to change the lives of our patients by removing their dependence from glasses and contact lenses.

Cons

We work on at least one Saturday per month. Sometimes we are overbooked in my opinion. Sometimes it's difficult and stressful to take time off because there is very limited fill-in coverage. We are on call 24/7.

Advice to Management

Work on providing better fill-in coverage for optometrists. Funding for team bonding activities would be nice. Fewer Saturday and evening hours would be nice too.

"Disorganized/Judgmental.."

Former Employee - Texas in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Texas in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Be aware. It's not as good as they advertise. People come and go constantly. There's way too much concern about other practices. Prospects are not given chances because of specific past employers. Truth is problems lay among themselves.

Cons

Very judgmental. There's a too much miss communicating between doctors. Techs are pulled-in unnecessary conflict. Fake team oriented environment. There's an awkward need of passive personalities.

Advice to Management

Instead of worrying so much about who's coming from where, judge less and work on whom is already employed. They're the ones needing a reality check.

"Happy People/Happy Patients"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at LasikPlus full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been working at LasikPlus over 12 years now and I can certainly say this place is amazing. My coworkers are what have kept me here all these years, but now with Craig Joffe in place as our fearless leader(I've honestly never seen a CEO/Owner so caring and engaged with his employees), the energy and culture are just contagious. I can't tell you how many times I've heard the comment "I've never seen so many smiles before" from interviewees, and that's a wonderful thing to hear! Having such happy people leads to being very productive and helping change so many lives on a daily basis. This job is fun, rewarding, and full of opportunity.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that there is currently no match on 401K. I can see that becoming a possibility in the near future; but even if it doesn't, it's a pretty great thing to have that as the one con.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you've been doing: supporting us, listening to us, allowing the team to use our creative approaches to achieve our common goal, and of course keeping it simple.

8. "Patient Care Consultant"

Current Employee - Patient Care Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Patient Care Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at LasikPlus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started working here at Lasik Plus about 3 months ago. I know it hasn't been long at all. You would be suprised on how much the buisness has impacted me over a little course of time. When I started here, it involed 2 weeks of training before hand. I got to learn from top to bottom; what this buiness is fully about. What Lasik has to offer, and how life changing it really is. I came into this buisness barely knowing anything about your eyes and how important your vision really is! Not only did I learn the lasik involvement, but even the history background of the joffees who started this lifechanging procedure! Joyeux was the one who trained me and 2 others, and it was probably the best experence ever. She taught us so much in a little amount of time and was extremely helpful with everything. Along with other people in the PCC. Everyone is always willing to help eachother regardless what the situation is. One of my favorites things about this buisness is how friendly my co workers are. Always being greeted or even just a smile is always happening here at Lasik Plus.
    My grandma Maureen Sollberger retired from here at Lasik Plus. I always remember being a kid and coming to work with her on some occasions. I always would be her "little helper". I always hoped to one day have a job like her. I couldn't put in words how much this buisness means to her. She loved every second of it. I never once imagined I would be following her footsteps. I couldnt be more thankful for the oppurtunity I recieved in this buisness and I can't wait to continue to grow!

Cons

Honestly there is no cons to this business. I'm very satisfied with my hours, my co workers and my leadership!

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to keep on going! You guys are doing great and always willing to make this a better place. I believe you will continue to make this a better business and we will keep on growing.

9. "Call Center"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

I love everything about this job. The pay, the bonuses and the benefits. The main thing I love is the people that works here. Everyone has a sense of humor and fun to be around. Makes work feel a lot less like work.

Cons

Wish I would've applied sooner.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

10. "Places like this don't exist or least, you wouldn't think so"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at LasikPlus (Less than a year)

Pros

The entire experience. These are some of the nicest, most genuine people I've had the pleasure of working with and that's throughout the company. From the vision center, to the top executives, everyone here works with drive, compassion, and focus. If you want to pick up skills and learn, test yourself, or just want to be surrounded by like minded individuals, there is a place for you and it's here. Everyone listens and you are considered family. You are awarded for your hard work, acknowledged, and the opportunities to grow are tremendous. As a family orientated business, the values bleed through everything. Companies like this are so rare nowadays and it's great to be working for one!

Cons

I honestly don't have any cons really.

Advice to Management

Please keep doing what you're doing.

11. "Loving Lasik!"

Current Employee - Optometrist in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Optometrist in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at LasikPlus part-time

Pros

Positive and optimistic atmosphere. Patient satisfaction is the top priority, which is how I have practiced optometry for the past 30 years. Top-notch surgeons and caring staff.

Cons

Some patients may not be candidates for lasik, or PRK and it is sometimes difficult to break that news to them. Would love to be able to do lasik on everybody!