LasikPlus Reviews | Glassdoor

"Lasik Plus Optometrist"

Current Employee - Managing Optometrist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Managing Optometrist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LasikPlus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As an optometrist it is great helping people with lasik co-management. The scope of practice is complex and you are always learning. Lasik Plus is a growing company with great job security. The management is second to none and allows for input on the local level. The entire company works as a team to continue to provide the best care for its patients. Lasik Plus has also taught me a lot about the business. You become very involved in how the business is run and how to keep improving your local center.

Cons

The company is growing, so the center's are fast pace. The company does allow for adequate admin time that makes it completely manageable. Lasik plus is continually improving it's processes, so the optometrists can focus on the more important aspects of practice.

"Lasik Coordinator"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at LasikPlus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

LasikPlus offers the leading technology, staff, and surgeons in the industry! They take the time to understand patient needs and always put their people and patients first! They offer a competitive starting salary with monthly bonuses and tons of recognition for a job well done! The centers are gorgeous and very well equipped for Lasik treatment and patient care. LasikPlus hires individuals with a common passion for value driven service that is positive, enthusiastic, and people oriented so you can be assured you will enjoy working with your colleagues in a drama free environment. Staff is always happy and well taken care of. Patients receive the best service and care in the Lasik industry so working with patients is a breeze! LasikPlus uses the most advanced web based training to ensure you have all the knowledge and tools you need to succeed! The CEO himself frequently conferences with all his centers and staff, even individually, to make sure centers are happy and operating with everything they need! The company values the ideas of everyone involved and really cares about its people. The hours are also flexible and stable and provide a good work life balance!

Cons

Since there are only 2 centers in AZ,the commute can be an issue for some if you are not located near a LasikPlus office, and traffic usually sucks!

Advice to Management

The center director (Brittany) at LasikPlus Scottsdale is amazing! I started knowing nothing about Lasik treatment and she was patient and always helpful whenever I had questions! She keeps the center staff running smoothly and promotes a positive work environment. Thankful to have a great boss who makes work fun and easy!

"Optometrist"

Current Employee - Optometrist in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Optometrist in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at LasikPlus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The staff and patients are amazing! I truly enjoy going to work every day. Pay is fair, and we are also eligible for bonuses. Good benefits. It's a fun work environment. We get to change the lives of our patients by removing their dependence from glasses and contact lenses.

Cons

We work on at least one Saturday per month. Sometimes we are overbooked in my opinion. Sometimes it's difficult and stressful to take time off because there is very limited fill-in coverage. We are on call 24/7.

Advice to Management

Work on providing better fill-in coverage for optometrists. Funding for team bonding activities would be nice. Fewer Saturday and evening hours would be nice too.

"Disorganized/Judgmental.."

Former Employee - Texas in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Texas in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Be aware. It's not as good as they advertise. People come and go constantly. There's way too much concern about other practices. Prospects are not given chances because of specific past employers. Truth is problems lay among themselves.

Cons

Very judgmental. There's a too much miss communicating between doctors. Techs are pulled-in unnecessary conflict. Fake team oriented environment. There's an awkward need of passive personalities.

Advice to Management

Instead of worrying so much about who's coming from where, judge less and work on whom is already employed. They're the ones needing a reality check.

"Happy People/Happy Patients"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at LasikPlus full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been working at LasikPlus over 12 years now and I can certainly say this place is amazing. My coworkers are what have kept me here all these years, but now with Craig Joffe in place as our fearless leader(I've honestly never seen a CEO/Owner so caring and engaged with his employees), the energy and culture are just contagious. I can't tell you how many times I've heard the comment "I've never seen so many smiles before" from interviewees, and that's a wonderful thing to hear! Having such happy people leads to being very productive and helping change so many lives on a daily basis. This job is fun, rewarding, and full of opportunity.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that there is currently no match on 401K. I can see that becoming a possibility in the near future; but even if it doesn't, it's a pretty great thing to have that as the one con.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you've been doing: supporting us, listening to us, allowing the team to use our creative approaches to achieve our common goal, and of course keeping it simple.

7. "Call Center"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

I love everything about this job. The pay, the bonuses and the benefits. The main thing I love is the people that works here. Everyone has a sense of humor and fun to be around. Makes work feel a lot less like work.

Cons

Wish I would've applied sooner.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

8. "Patient Care Consultant"

I have been working at LasikPlus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started working here at Lasik Plus about 3 months ago. I know it hasn't been long at all. You would be suprised on how much the buisness has impacted me over a little course of time. When I started here, it involed 2 weeks of training before hand. I got to learn from top to bottom; what this buiness is fully about. What Lasik has to offer, and how life changing it really is. I came into this buisness barely knowing anything about your eyes and how important your vision really is! Not only did I learn the lasik involvement, but even the history background of the joffees who started this lifechanging procedure! Joyeux was the one who trained me and 2 others, and it was probably the best experence ever. She taught us so much in a little amount of time and was extremely helpful with everything. Along with other people in the PCC. Everyone is always willing to help eachother regardless what the situation is. One of my favorites things about this buisness is how friendly my co workers are. Always being greeted or even just a smile is always happening here at Lasik Plus.
    My grandma Maureen Sollberger retired from here at Lasik Plus. I always remember being a kid and coming to work with her on some occasions. I always would be her "little helper". I always hoped to one day have a job like her. I couldn't put in words how much this buisness means to her. She loved every second of it. I never once imagined I would be following her footsteps. I couldnt be more thankful for the oppurtunity I recieved in this buisness and I can't wait to continue to grow!

Cons

Honestly there is no cons to this business. I'm very satisfied with my hours, my co workers and my leadership!

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to keep on going! You guys are doing great and always willing to make this a better place. I believe you will continue to make this a better business and we will keep on growing.

9. "Loving Lasik!"

Current Employee - Optometrist in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Optometrist in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at LasikPlus part-time

Pros

Positive and optimistic atmosphere. Patient satisfaction is the top priority, which is how I have practiced optometry for the past 30 years. Top-notch surgeons and caring staff.

Cons

Some patients may not be candidates for lasik, or PRK and it is sometimes difficult to break that news to them. Would love to be able to do lasik on everybody!

10. "You Gotta Love Family-LasikPlus"

Current Employee - Patient Care Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at LasikPlus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started here last August and fell in love with the company instantly! The company is great. with laughter and warmth, a family-like atmosphere that is so familiar to your own personally. From my mentors and coaches, Marcus, Rebecca, Nicole, Carmen, Kevin, etc. to the Lasik surgical team (Cincinnati) to the entire PCC, I personally realized, this is more than just a job or career.

This is home. I'm proud and humbled to be such a part of a great team for many years to come!

Cons

I have nothing negative to say. All positives here!

Advice to Management

Get a popcorn maker and/or NFL Sunday Ticket. Lol

11. "Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at LasikPlus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Environment, People, the management, and best benefits. I have been here for almost 2 years and I have received many opportunities and offers from various company, but I never felt comfortable taking those offers. LasikPlus feels like home. Great people to work with that supports you and has fun with you.

Cons

There are no Cons in this company. All there are pros.

Advice to Management

Need to start matching 401k.