LeapFrog Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bob Malone

1. "Great Opportunities Provided"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at LeapFrog Systems (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent management team and recruiting staff that cares and supports your goals and development. Communication is strong between Leapfrog and the firm you are assigned to. Strong sense of community shared by Leapfrog contractors. Leapfrog recruiters and managers are very professional and excellent to work with. Salary and Medical benefits are good.

Cons

The traditional cons of working in a contracting role.

2. "Current review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

I worked at LeapFrog Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Easy interview process - it was incredibly easy to interview at Leap Frog. I interviewed one day and was hired the next day by the firm.
    2. Their largest client typically does not treat contractors as contractors.

Cons

1. They moved from 6 month to 3 month contract renewals for their largest client. They don't provide renewal information until a couple of weeks before the contract is set to expire.
    2. They planned a holiday party in 2016 for the Texas team and then cancelled it at the last second.
    3. They don't always promote their leads based on their experience.
    4. You have to enter time on multiple systems.

3. "Great Team Experience!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at LeapFrog Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I just completed my first year as a Frogger (software engineer), and can't say enough great things about the LeapFrog team. From the Partners to the recruiters and office managers, the entire team has been incredibly friendly, supportive and passionate about building teams and relationships with their clients. I've worked with a number of consulting firms and recruiters over the years, and rarely have I felt like such an important member of a team. LeapFrog is doing it the right way and I hope to be a part of this team for a long time.

Cons

No cons I can think of.

5. "Impressive Consulting Firm"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at LeapFrog Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been at LeapFrog Systems for 2 years and have enjoyed my time here. Froggers are challenged to do their best work everyday but they also know how to celebrate the wins. Stellar portfolio of diverse client partners.

Cons

I cannot think of any!

Advice to Management

LFS is a fairly flat organization with easy access the Partners. They are a wonderful group of people who are clearly passionate about Froggers and contributing value to clients.

6. "Be a Frogger!"

Current Employee - Frogger in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Frogger in Dallas, TX

I have been working at LeapFrog Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

LeapFrog Systems is composed of tight knit teams with a lot of support and a very supportive flat organization. Great training and awesome leadership. Super fun group of very smart employees and consultants(Froggers). Their methodologies on their unique consulting approach to bring in the top 1% talent in is the ones that intrigued me to begin with and their deliberation on it is what keeps me here!
    Also very flexible with work-life balance.

Cons

I wouldn't say having heavy tenacity is a con but something to definitely expect to have when working with people but other than that no cons on my end.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing! :)

"What's behind the curtain?"

Current Employee - Commodity in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Commodity in Boston, MA

I have been working at LeapFrog Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most people are nice as far as not insulting you directly or not meaning to; most people. Some people will actually insult you directly. They are really good at taking people out to lunch and it seems to be what they know how to do.

Cons

The majority of the company has no clue about the business world today and real needs in ever changing digital spaces. The curtain from the title of this review, is the main office space. It's a very impressive office space overlooking most of Boston. Unfortunately I don't think they rely on much more than that for anything. It makes them have the appearance of success but that's far from the truth. The sales team is clueless and the executive team is even worse. They're really good at taking people out to lunch. This company will shut its doors soon enough and they would be smart to try to sell the company now, but I don't think they have the intelligence to pull that off. They treat employees like commodities and have a hands off approach to everything, except taking people to lunch.

Advice to Management

Quit trying to fake it, you look and sound dumb. If you really want to succeed, start focusing on employee satisfaction especially through an onboarding process. Look at what other consultancies are doing and take those good ideas. LFS is a glorified staffing firm and a poor one at that.

"Systems Administrator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at LeapFrog Systems (More than a year)

Pros

They employed me for three years.

Cons

They provide only contract work.

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

I worked at LeapFrog Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

Work hard to find new position within same company when laid off (budget reasons). They stay in contact with you to keep you informed. Nice benefits package from the start.

Cons

Thought about it for awhile, but could not come up with anything negative in my experience with this company. Great folks!

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you do. Your team approach to working with the consultant serves all parties well, in my opinion.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager Consultant in Flower Mound, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager Consultant in Flower Mound, TX

I have been working at LeapFrog Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good support for their consultants

Cons

Limited to number of companies they do business with

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at LeapFrog Systems (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with LeapFrog for 2 and 1/2 years now. My focus is systems analyst and project management work within financial services. I have enjoyed my experience with LeapFrog tremendously. I have been consulting since 1996 and they are my favorite firm. I have with their help moved internally at my current client to get a chance to explore project management. I have gotten to know a lot of other consultants at lunches and outtings etc and they have moved to different clients around the Boston and RI while at LeapFrog. I get great benefits and help from the home office when I need something. I see my account manager at my account just about every week which is nice. Long story short, after a couple of years they have kept their promises and I have opportunities which is why I am writing this review on the train instead of napping.

Cons

Retirement benefits could be better.

Advice to Management

Please stick to your guns and keep the quality of consultants high!