KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Learning A-Z Reviews

Updated Jun 19, 2022

Found 117 of over 126 reviews

3.4
Learning A-Z President Lisa O’Masta (no image)
Lisa O’Masta

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,892

960 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Wonderful

Jun 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, fully remote, easy work

Cons

Team is not cohesive, advancement opportunities are slim

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Jaime Stoneberger is absolutely amazing!

Jun 1, 2022 - Sales Operations Specialist in Tucson, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Jaime made me feel like I could be myself. She kept me updated throughout the whole interview process. I am so thankful for Jaime's kindness and joy. Even if I didn't get the Account Specialist position, which I did thankfully, I still would have felt that the interview process was worth my time because of my interactions with Jaime and those I interviewed with. I learned so much valuable information and I grew both personally and professionally!

Cons

Jaime made my cheeks hurt from smiling so much haha.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work!

May 25, 2022 - Manager of Inside Sales in Tucson, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Senior Leadership listens and acts on feedback *Pay & benefits are fair, if not generous *Remote first supports good work/life balance *Growth is encouraged *Demo site is an amazing resource to the sales team *Teamed sales territories *Excellent job of hiring people who are hungry, humble & smart

Cons

*No quarterly or monthly bonus program, just annual *Only one National Curriculum Consultant per Region--they can get stretched kind of thin *Lack of local marketing support

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good Company

Apr 10, 2022 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

Too many open positions; too much for marketing to handle.

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Edtech

Mar 18, 2022 - Inside Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Help educators fill in the gap in learning loss. Passion and love for the kids is real. Remote first.

Cons

Pay is good for 4 or 5 mos and dismal for the other 7-8 mos. Cost of benefits is High if more than a single person.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Changes

Mar 6, 2022 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic resources that are comprehensive and flexible. Great value. Customers love the price and resources

Cons

Sr Leadership preparing the company to be sold. Many decisions seem to be made to make the company "turn key" but with a negative impact on employee satisfaction and most importantly the customer experience. Quotas based on limited metrics that are hit or miss for reps. Hit for many reps year after year and miss for others year after year

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Very Happy Here

Feb 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging work in an important field; a supportive functional manager who is invested in my growth; a project team that is committed to learning as we develop our product; remote-first initiative

Cons

Growing pains as we change our production model and reorganize; the "family" feeling is changing as many employees decided to stay remote.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Awesome Company!

Feb 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great products! Educator’s love products !

Cons

Non that I can see.

9. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Once great company turned cookie cutter corporate

Jan 31, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

No shortage of a variety work if you like to stay busy, friendly co-workers, paycheck, benefits

Cons

High rate of burnout, high employee turnover, high demands with short turnaround time, playing catch up to the rest of the market, outdated software and programs, wearing many hats at once, bigger focus on sales and profit for upper-level folks, unclear vision of future I have been with this company for 10+ years, and at one time it was a great company with a strong work ethic, good work/life balance, perks, a small-knit community feel, and a shared goal that we are creating high-quality educational resources for students. Fast-forward to 2019-20 when the company was bought out and brought in a new president with a background in sales in an attempt to increase profits. Shortly before the pandemic hit, we were brought into a meeting and blindsided with a series of layoffs and company reorganizing, one department losing 14 employees all at once, requiring the rest of us to scramble to figure out where pieces were left off and who to communicate with, not to mention the blow to the work morale of losing those who have been with the company for so long just let go in the blink of an eye. The reasons we were given were not budgetary issues but rather wanting to ensure we have the "best employees for the company." We then noticed these positions were being filled with contractors and outside vendors to help us create more resources faster. So...it was budget-related. Since then, senior leadership continues to spout "LAZ Values", being open and honest and "speaking our truth" when in reality, doing so puts you at risk of losing your job because you don't agree with the unrealistic goals set or aren't a "team player." As a result, many of us are likely too worried about being truthful so surveys come across as if everything is picture perfect. Projects are poorly-planned, not communicated with everyone involved, pushed through too quickly sacrificing quality for quantity, but we are constantly told via e-mails, "lunch 'n learns", and quarterly meetings that we are "one of the best companies in Arizona" to work for and our numbers keep growing and growing. Yet, in my last annual review, I was given feedback such as "goes above and beyond", "tremendous organizational skills", "maintains a quality of work at a level equal to or better than..." but a rating of "Met expectations" because we were told that was the rating to expect because compensation increases weren't happening. Essentially, many of us are working harder than ever before but are not rewarded for it other than "met expectations." That does little to motivate someone to want to go above and beyond if it amounts to the same as someone who actually does the bare minimum or less. My manager is backed into a corner in some cases because while he desperately needs the help himself, they decided (due to "budget" reasons) they weren't able to hire him an assistant manager. While I voice my concerns to him about project risks and improvements we need, he is unable to provide those things or support the best he can because they are long-term fixes not in the budget. My options? Become a manager so I can do the work of 3 people instead of my current 2, be guaranteed a 50-60 hour work week, and get paid a few bucks more. Listen to your employees' responses when you ask us to fill out surveys and health checks. Make meaningful changes not just "kudos". We are burned out, demanded of too much, compensated too little, aren't given the tools we need (some of us are using tools that are 10+ years old that can't keep up with current technology) and in some departments a work/life balance is virtually impossible with the workloads that are clearly meant for 50-60 hour work weeks. If that's what is expected of us, just be honest and say so. I'll take that kind of "open and honest" over condescending hype music and buzzwords. After all this, someone might say "then find another job" and while that may be true, it's a sad way to go through one's career if this is the average corporate environment and how people lower on the ladder get treated. You should want to keep your employees happy and motivated and actually retain the best employees by rewarding them rather than cutting corners and looking the other way. Unfortunately, the company president showed us who she was from the very beginning and at this point the level of trust is virtually non-existent. The damage is done so she is walking back paying us lip-service by things they plan to improve "but it will take time" (going on 2+ years now). Learning A-Z was once a "diamond in the desert" but is now a demoralizing, factory-setting publishing company looking for increased profits for its senior leadership team and stakeholders and, well, whatever's left, maybe give some back to the deserving, hard-working employees. I write this as the Global Sales Meeting Welcome wraps up and we are told it's going to be a great 2022! While that may be true for some, it will come at a great cost of sacrificing health, personal time, and well-being for many of us. If you are an alpha-minded, "hungry" ("humble" and "smart" not required) sales or marketing-focused individual, by all means LAZ is the place for you. Note that all of the positive 5-star reviews on here come from sales execs, managers, and people outside of the main hub. Those dissatisfied are in the trenches doing the day-to-day hands-on work. Otherwise, you would be wise to look elsewhere or, if you are currently at LAZ, keep quiet, keep your head down, and do your work. This is a work environment that talks the talk and only walks the walk when it benefits them and steps over others.

13 people found this review helpful

Learning A-Z Response

President

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at Learning A-Z, and thank you for your more than ten years of service to our organization. While change is never easy, it is essential for us to understand and adapt to the evolving needs of students and educators. To meet the needs of customers and our employees, collaboration, transparency, and communication must be at the core of everything we do. It's important to us to foster a culture that values employee feedback and focuses on their success and wellbeing. Thank you again for taking the time to leave this review and for your many years working with us. We encourage you to reach out to us directly to discuss your concerns further and we look forward to doing whatever we can to support you in your role.

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Passion met with growing pains

Feb 10, 2022 - Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employees truly focused on student outcomes. Leadership is accessible and open to feedback. Professional development options are present. great benefits.

Cons

Expectations vs. reality are a constant battle. Foundational elements of the business need fixed in order for the business to pass “go”. Leadership doesn’t appear to be aligned. Priorities are often conflicting. Many systems and processes broken. On a positive note, these issues are recognized. That said, dedication resources to fixing the issues are minimal which cause frustration for those in the trenches.

3 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 117 Reviews

Learning A-Z Reviews FAQs

Learning A-Z has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 126 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at Learning A-Z to a friend and 63% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 21% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Learning A-Z employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Learning A-Z. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

60% of Learning A-Z employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Learning A-Z 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Learning A-Z to be compensation, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, career development, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Learning A-Z Job Seekers