LifePath Hospice Reviews | Glassdoor

Kathy Fernandez

1. "Registered Nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Tampa, FL

Pros

Patients, purpose of organization, quality of life is a priority

Cons

Workload, realistic time required for each patient,

Advice to Management

Listen to staff

2. "A disorganized mess of a company."

Former Employee - DME Tech in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - DME Tech in Tampa, FL

I worked at LifePath Hospice full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a driver and (DME) durable medical equipment technician you are free from being under constant supervision. The PTO time is nice and can be used after 90 days. Pay is okay starting out.

Cons

All DME was outsourced to a for-profit company called Allcare Medical. Horrible roach infested delivery trucks. Having to literately pull teeth to get certain things fixed. Dilapidated medical equipment. Unpredictable scheduling and having to do on-call. Antagonistic and deceiving management. Almost no advancement opportunities, no raises, very poor 401k program. Can be immediately fired for supposed HIPAA violations.

Advice to Management

Grow up and act professional! New and current techs need to be trained better. I personally was NEVER trained on current HIPAA laws. Buy new and better quality equipment. We should not be giving patients old rusted bedside commodes and used mattresses. Some of the equipment was downright pitiful! It is no wonder Lifepath is losing it's monopoly on hospice care in the Tampa Bay Area. Patients deserve better.

"Nursing at LifePath Hospice"

Former Employee - RN HH 24 in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - RN HH 24 in Tampa, FL

I worked at LifePath Hospice (More than 8 years)

Pros

Patients and families are fantastic. Wonderful co-workers, peers. Dedicated staff providing hands on care.

Cons

Administration is out of touch with what goes on in the field. Very unrealistic expectations, salaried RNs put in MANY extra, unpaid hours.

Advice to Management

Treat and pay your staff like you do the Administration. Support the staff at all levels. Create a culture that allows employees to have a personal life as well as a work life.

5. "Top Heavy"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Tampa, FL

Pros

Great employees, Great making a difference in peoples lives, especially when they are in such a time of need. Great Physicians.

Cons

Top Heavy with corporate folks, They don't show enough appreciation for their employees and how hard they work, especially in such a very difficult, emotional field.

Advice to Management

Treat your field staff better, the top execs get paid very well, and get lots of perks, all of the worker bees are very much aware of the huge disparity. This is what really makes employee moral very low.

6. "There is room for improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at LifePath Hospice (Less than a year)

Pros

I work with some amazing people. Among peers, I feel like part of the family. I don't have to wear scrubs! I feel I make a difference in my patients' lives.

Cons

Not favorable working hours (but you know that going in), salary is not competitive. The corporation reminds me of our federal government, they take care of their elite. The employees actually doing the work, not so much. Management has unrealistic expectations from employees.

Advice to Management

Poor management can make or break a company. Decisions being made by those that have never stepped foot in a patient home or had to help with their family crisis. The revolving door of employees is a strong indicator there is room for improvement and the management needs to be looked at. The 'hands on' caregivers are the ones who make your company. Reward them! Start now before the competition makes it to Tampa.

"Staff are cut to the bone"

Current Employee - Social Service Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Social Service Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at LifePath Hospice (More than a year)

Pros

My team members who provide patient care give it their all - work way beyond the hours they are paid for, and truly care for the patients we serve. We want to do the best we can to help our patients and families.

Cons

Staffing has been cut to levels that cannot sustain adequate care of patients. There is virtually no continuity of care, and minimal help is available to patients who call in requesting assistance. If they aren't sent to voice mail... It is like working in a MASH unit - making do with any bit of help available. There is no time or staffing to be proactive in managing patients symptoms or caregiver issues. It is putting out fires and trying to rectify situations that have turned out badly. The staff we have try their hardest, but there simply are not enough of us.

Advice to Management

Put the priority on hiring enough field staff to meet patient and family needs. Make sure that patient calls will be answered, and there are staff available to go out and address their needs. Give us the resources to know at the end of the day that we are providing the care that is needed. Focus needs to be changed from productivity quotas (that don't take into account patient acuity, or distance traveled) to actually having the resources necessary to treat patients' symptoms and give the families assurance that they have back up in caring for their loved ones.

8. "Great leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at LifePath Hospice (Less than a year)

Pros

Focusing on patients and quality is good

Cons

Difficult working with dying patients at times.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on patients and quality.

"Truly committed to providing quality hospice care to their patients."

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Temple Terrace, FL
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Temple Terrace, FL

I worked at LifePath Hospice full-time

Pros

Pleasant, polite and dedicated coworkers, I felt like a member of the team from day one. This is a very organized company that makes information and resources readily available. I say that their business outlook is staying the same only because it is a hospice company. It is not my hope that there will be an increase in hospice patients.

Cons

None, I enjoyed working with this company. Management was always very approachable and helpful. There was a lot of paperwork to do but that is caused by insurance requirements. I left this company only because I was moving out of state with my family.

Advice to Management

Thank-you for listening to your employees I hope that never changes.

10. "Don't go there!"

Current Employee - R Nurse in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - R Nurse in Tampa, FL

I have been working at LifePath Hospice part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the patients and their families, can be very rewarding at times.

Cons

60-70 hour expected work weeks (on a salary). Management very demanding of your free time, calling you all hours of the day and night. Poor compensation when compared with others, poor mileage reimbursement. Constant payroll problems with checks being short or missing. Disorganized from the top all the way down. This is the most unprofessional place I have ever worked. They change the rules daily and do not follow company policies that are in place! Knee jerk style, panicked style management.

11. "Depends on which department you work in..."

Current Employee - Navigation Center in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Navigation Center in Tampa, FL

I have been working at LifePath Hospice full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The department that I work in handles incomming calls. It has managers and directors who truly care about balancing both work and hiome life. The team works together to cover each other when our childern are ill, when we need a "mental health" day, or even when there is a school play that we want to attend. The quality expectations are clear, training is great, and the staff really supports each other. This is a great place to work and I am proud to tell people that I work for LifePath.

Cons

If you are not completely dedicated to helping the patients and families in crisis, you can become burned out. It's important not to become too personally involved and still be empathetic and supportive.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with compassion, consistency and respect and you will foster an environment like ours.