Lighthouse Computer Services Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Lighthouse Computer Services President and CEO Tom Mrva
Tom Mrva

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Overall fantastic experience"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Lighthouse Computer Services full-time

Pros

No micromanagement and a reasonable amount of flexibility allows work to be completed without unnecessary struggle. Friendly atmosphere. Due to the size and culture of the company, your voice is heard and input is taken into consideration.

Cons

The company is small and each employee tends to be very involved and responsible for many things at once, which can be either positive or negative depending on personal preference. The stress level can be high at times.

2. "Great work-life balance"

I worked at Lighthouse Computer Services full-time

Pros

9-5 hours. Management doesn't care if you take no lunch, a two-hour lunch, or an all day "breather." It's basically a matter of making your own hours. If you work from home, you can basically do what you wish with your time.

Cons

They live up to their promises. Which includes Free popcorn in the break room, decent wireless throughout the building, and continued employment if they reach their quarterly goals. Some people would call it unstable, but I thought it was a challenge.

Advice to Management

I like how you can maintain your way of life in regard to personal matters, but you can also get your Lighthouse work done too.

3. "Company of sycophants"

Pros

Nice people. Nice office. Good salary.

Cons

Like many companies, it's all about the CEO. He's a nice guy, but that's where it ends. He is a scatterbrained simpleton who relies on others to get the job done. But since he pays the bills, he is viewed by others as a leader. He's not. People at the company suck up to him because they are afraid he'll fire them (especially if they're not rah-rah about the Patriots). I know it sounds silly, but it's true. There is a whole room at the company dedicated to the Patriots, complete with memorabilia. For anyone outside the MA/RI area, it's meaningless. If you work in the company's NY office and are not a Patriots fan, God forbid.

Rather than a keen business leader, the CEO is more of a sideline cheerleader whose passion for football and other games supersedes his passion for his people. He attends meets and greets, seminars, cocktail parties, and isn't involved much in the day-to-day. It's a bit of a joke.

I am a former employee who was let go after putting in countless hours to help the company grow and prosper. One day, I was simply canned. Just a call from HR telling me not to come in, and that was that. I think they were having financial difficulties and had to cut staff. Am I bitter? You bet.

Not a great place to hang your hat.

Advice to Management

Focus less on games, and more on your business.

Lighthouse Computer Services Response

Mar 14, 2017 – Human Resources

Tom Mrva, the CEO of Lighthouse Computer Services, is a true team leader and builder. He does not impose his views on anyone, and he coaches and leads by example to bring out the best in people. Tom... More

4. "Best Information Technology Company in New England"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, RI

I have been working at Lighthouse Computer Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lighthouse is a great place to work and offers unprecedented career opportunities. They encourage professional development and with hard work, employees can advance to levels not offered by most organizations. Lighthouse looks after all stakeholders from customers, employees and business partners, with a focus on being the best firm to work for and do business with.

Cons

Lighthouse has addressed any past cons in recent years and the company is better than ever.

Advice to Management

This is the best Lighthouse ever and it just keeps getting better. Keep up the good work!

5. "Inside Sales"

Pros

Good Pay, friendly atmosphere, employee events

Cons

Extremely weak marketing and sales department. Lay off of extremely talented employees and retained unskilled labor. High cost healthcare

Advice to Management

Retain skilled loyal employees. Cannot put a price on loyalty and talent

6. "Best company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Lighthouse Computer Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Encouragement and support to do things the right way. Working remotely has given me such a boost in productivity and job satisfaction that I don't think I could go back to a fixed location job again. The people are amazing from the top down. I have yet to interact with 1 person here that isn't easy to work with. This company is filled with people who just get things done without the overabundance of unnecessary meetings for the sake of meetings like so many companies have.

Cons

Honestly, I really cant think of a downside at all

7. "The experience, knowledge and maturity of a large company with the cultural feel of a small entrepreneurial environment."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, RI

I have been working at Lighthouse Computer Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Support to do the best job your can do. Support to stay up to date in your field whether your an IT resource, Sales or Administrative Staff.

Cons

With a highly remote company, communication can sometime be a challenge but Lighthouse continues to work on it.

8. "Very Honest Company"

Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

Pros

The management of the company is very employee focused. They consider each of their consultant as senior experts. They provide great packages.

Cons

This is a small company. They expect high performance from their consultants in order to be competitive. As opposed to larger firms, one bad team members can jeopardize the success of a project.

Advice to Management

Keep your employee focused attitude. Keep doing whatever it takes to ensure customer satisfaction. Keep offering your employees a good work-life balance.

9. "Extreme Finnegan"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Lighthouse Computer Services as a contractor

Pros

Good team environment and communication.

Cons

IBM dependency is time consuming.