KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

57 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Every department except sales is definitely understaffed and probably underpaid, and leadership has been aware of this since before COVID but there’s only been added pressure for increased productivity(in 7 reviews)
  • "some managers should be better trained(in 5 reviews)
  • "Nothing is Good in this company, No Work life balance, No Retention policy, Bunch of kids in HR team who easily gets Angry and Aggressive on asking queries.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Don't join this company unless you want to be manipulated into thinking you have no value or aren't worth a fair salary(in 3 reviews)
  • "When a new private equity company bought Litera, they installed new sales leadership.(in 2 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Growing pains are real but this is still an excellent place to grow your career

Jan 20, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

There's no place like Litera! 6 acquisitions on 2021, already 1 in the first month of 2022. It's a wild time to be working at here and my career will benefit from it. Really good people here. I can always trust that someone is doing the best they can. I can't think of anyone I work directly with that is just dialing it in. Generous PTO. Great onboarding. Lots of transparency from the top. Plenty of empathy and support during COVID difficulties.

Cons

The workload is heavy. You have to be someone who is willing to advocate for yourself and your work/life balance. If you don't, you'll be sucked into the workload that keeps on coming. The M&Q cadence is stressful for employees. Executives say they understand how difficult this can make work but then they just keep going with it. You have to be able to accept that the company prioritizes growth over employee happiness. If that's not something you can get on board with, then Litera isn't right for you.

3 people found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

pathetic organization run by pathetic individuals

Dec 18, 2021 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

you will work with some incredibly smart and hard-working people comp is pretty standard for tech and the benefits are great

Cons

leadership is a disaster. constant micromanagement, lack of a clear direction, and generic sales advice like "always be closing" is common everybody, and I mean everybody, is confused and burnt out. 65-70 hour weeks are the norm and it won't be appreciated, there might be 2 reps who hit their numbers this year and everybody is visibly concerned I guess you could classify the following as "growing pains", but there is not a single team that collaborates well with other teams. There could be an improvement around defining processes, but the real issue is a lack of accountability from the senior leaders within each group. I've never worked for an organization that had more finger pointing than I have at Litera With the sales leadership team being restructured this year, the culture has shifted from a human-focused development approach to a cut-throat sales environment, except nobody hits their number. It's pretty funny Every single high-performer within the sales org has left in 2021 due to burn out, lack of appreciation, and/or broken promises from leadership. You've been warned

29 people found this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Current Employee

Meat Grinder

May 10, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are ok. Not much else.

Cons

- poor leadership at the top - they will use you up and spit you out - only care about bottom line and image. nothing gets fixed. - they ask new employees to submit good reviews before they realize how bad the company is

4 people found this review helpful
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing company when I joined, now not-as-much.

Feb 17, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work location- almost entire team is WFH/anywhere. Well-known and longtime brand in Legaltech. Terrific colleagues- though many have resigned so this is more past-tense

Cons

Work/life balance is stressed but not actually practiced. You’ll find yourself working 10 hour days (depending on the role). Management changes have been frequent, through voluntary and involuntary resignations (resulting in lack of vision and consistency) Pay is subpar with similar roles in the industry. Too many acquisitions have resulted in a company devoid of its original purpose and culture.

14 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee

Not a tech company

Dec 12, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

There were some people that I enjoyed working with.

Cons

You will be underpaid and underappreciated here as a developer. They only care about sales and the correct image, but don't actually follow through with what they say. Every single leader that actually cared about engineering either got pushed out or left because of the crazy expectations set. Think I'm kidding? Ask them about the CTO that lasted 2 months! Out one side of their mouth, they talk about mental health while the other side, they want you to work nights, holidays, weekends, it won't matter. They expect you to work through it all. All jobs are moving to India. If you don't believe me, ask them when the last time they hired someone that wasn't replacing someone who left. And that other post talking about how bad it is with product? Its true. Product gets kicked, but they in turn kick the developers. Can't code that in 2 months? Don't care. Get it done. The favorite phrase is "I challenge you". Like it's a magic wand that will solve everything. All the 5 star reviews are from new people. Trust me, they will find out soon enough. Don't say you weren't warned.

19 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Dec 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Litera has been my favorite place that I have worked in during my career. The amount of exposure to new areas of the business that you would typically never see in a large corporation is exciting. The company trusts it's employees and provides them with resources that they need to succeed. Everyone who works at Litera are kind, hardworking people who all are looking to achieve the same goal.

Cons

Working fully remote I think has been a bit tough on everyone. I miss seeing everyone in person!

4 people found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Former Employee

Shameful

Feb 27, 2022 - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

misery loves company. you will make some lifelong friends here.

Cons

you can make more money any where else. you will be gaslighted. you will doubt yourself. even worse, you will not be given any coaching on how to improve. instead, they will tell you to do better. i don't know anyone who made their ote while i was there. instead of making the products better, they force you to sell rebranded products that they bought. no innovation for years. they just glued stuff together and expect you to sell it.

18 people found this review helpful
  8. 1.0

Not worth it

Mar 13, 2022 - Business Development Representative (BDR) in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of paid time off.

Cons

it's a grind. if you say the workload too much, you will be told that this isn't the place for you. fast pace means no training and you get fired for asking simple questions. no support from the exec team - I mean none.

14 people found this review helpful
  9. 1.0

Don't Bother

Feb 10, 2022 - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Made some great friends

Cons

Not much to add that the other 1 start reviews didn't cover... Here is how the hiring process goes.... Pass up on someone who is qualified internally, hire externally, onboard external hire, 6 months later external hires are either let go or voluntarily quit, post job opening, rinse & repeat They sell you on a massive OTE only for you to realize its unattainable. No one hits quota - the TAM is shrinking and the quotas only goes up YOY. Compensation only goes down YOY. This isn't The Wolf of Wallstreet - so stop treating the sales org like it is.

16 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Nagy and Pace could run this organization better.

Jan 15, 2022 - Product Owner
    Business Outlook

Pros

You'll realize what NOT to do as a professional and person. You'll gain an unreal appreciation for mental health because this ain't it Once you leave you'll certainly get paid more cuz it's hard to beat the basement

Cons

The companies that you read about on LinkedIn that people are fleeing from because they are underpaid, overworked, mental health is ignored, and leadership takes advantage of is what you’re signing up for at Litera. Product is constantly handed jobs by leadership that aren’t achievable, but head of respective product make promises they know aren’t feasible. Instead of hiring more people we have people leaving then leadership decides to outsource instead of paying for the skills we need. In addition leadership thought it’d be a good idea to have town halls where the CEO just attacked peoples concerns. All the reviews that led people to mental help that litera will blame internally and on here about “too fast growing a company” are why former sales people enrolled in therapy for the first time while working at litera. Town halls were literally the CEO blaming others instead of addressing their concerns. This has led to Sales making promises that product can’t keep and that leadership refuses to hire people at the skill level we need. From what we could tell Sales is constantly changing and quotas are unrealistic leading to churn to the pint we have no idea who is selling what anymore. Typically, Sales will lie about what our software can do putting implementation in bad spots and making product do was supposed to be 6 months roadmap right away because a salesperson said we could do it. Leadership will give away free years instead of paying for people that can build the promises they make because leadership knows if they push the can down the road they’ll get paid on their equity and it wont be their problem anymore. Instead of hiring people to fix the software they already own they are constantly buying companies that have fundamentally different code and structure to the other 15 software’s they bought and expect it all to work together. Never mind they have never decided to invest in UX or Designers meaning clients are sold software that has branding from 5 years ago such as every instance of Litera Compare having branding saying Change-Pro. This means clients get upset and then Sales blames product when leadership rushed delivery of software just to upcharge. The churn this company has seen over the last two years is impressive as some of the best Sales people we have worked with have left sales completely to focus on their mental health after the damage Litera did to them. Regardless of what position it is you are looking at, consider if your mental health is worth being an underpaid employee for.

30 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 139 Reviews

Litera Microsystems Reviews FAQs

Litera Microsystems has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 147 reviews left anonymously by employees. 48% of employees would recommend working at Litera Microsystems to a friend and 41% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -31% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Litera Microsystems employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Litera Microsystems. This rating has decreased by -25% over the last 12 months.

48% of Litera Microsystems employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Litera Microsystems 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Litera Microsystems to be management, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership .

Popular Careers with Litera Microsystems Job Seekers