Litera Microsystems Reviews

Updated Jan 16, 2020

3.9
Litera Microsystems CEO Avaneesh Marwaha
Avaneesh Marwaha

"Great company to start software sales career"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive

I worked at Litera Microsystems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Brilliant CEO -Happy customer base -Innovative products -Great company culture -1 day/week Work From Home

Cons

-Private equity ownership leads to short-term focus -Increasing micromanagement of sales force

January 17, 2020Chief Revenue Officer

Thank you for helping to shape our company culture! We agree that it’s something special, and I’m glad you appreciate and value the priority we place on it. It is created by our amazing team members, not by our leadership team. Personally, my favorite part of our culture is that everyone, no matter where they sit and what they do, appears to come to work day-in and day-out with excitement, purpose, and drive to achieve something greater than what any of us can achieve on our own. Your broader feedback about our culture, products, and leadership reinforce that we continue to move in the right direction. As a growth-oriented business, we want to be results-focused so we can keep investing back into our people and our business. That said, we strive to view results, success, and achievement with both a short-term and a long-term lens. As an example, like many sales organizations, our compensation plans are short-term focused so our sales team gets rewarded every time they close a deal. We approach territory planning and account assignments with a medium-term lens so our team members have fair and balanced territories each year but our customers experience consistent relationships. We view performance management with a long-term perspective so our team members receive the necessary on-boarding, ongoing coaching, personal & professional development plans, and career growth opportunities to realize long careers with us here at Litera. While these are our intentions, if there is anything that we do that feels inappropriately short-term focused (or too long-term focused for that matter), we’d love to hear more. Thanks for sharing this feedback. Best of luck in your next steps and thank you for your contributions to Litera!

"A fine place to work"

4.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Litera Microsystems full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Very experienced and friendly co workers * Flexible with hours and good vacation time * Laid back work environment, teams sometimes do fun events

Cons

* Slow development cycle can mean it's unstimulating at times * Average to slightly below average pay * Layoffs due to company acquisitions are a semi regular occurrence

November 25, 2019Chief Technology Officer

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. We make every effort to recruit the best people to join and add to our culture, so we’re glad to hear that you viewed your co-workers as a positive aspect of working at Litera. I am sorry to hear, however, that you felt that you were being compensated below market rate. We do our best to provide everyone with what we feel are competitive benefits; especially when you take everything into account: our bonus plan, 401K match, vacation days, etc. As the market continues to change, we will continue to periodically re-evaluate our compensation package and make adjustments as needed. Due to the nature of the business along with the type of software solutions we provide, the development cycle may not be as fast as it is in other industries, or even on other teams. We always encourage everyone to work beyond their team and even departmental boundaries, which usually provides people with the excitement and new challenges that they’re looking for. Layoffs are an unfortunate result as the company continues to grow strategically through mergers and acquisitions. When this happens, a reduction in redundant jobs is needed to allow the business (and its employees) to continue to thrive and be successful. We acknowledge that it’s not a pleasant thing to go through, for everyone involved, and hope that you understand. Again, I really appreciate your feedback and am glad that you enjoyed your time as part of the Litera family.

3. "Fast Paced"

Former Employee - Finance in Chicago, IL

I worked at Litera Microsystems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Dynamic, never a dull moment.

Cons

Open, loud office environment can be hard to concentrate in.

November 11, 2019CFO

Thank you for your review. We agree we are dynamic and one of the fastest growing software companies in Chicago. Our belief is that the open concept creates an exciting vibe, enhances collaboration, and creates a strong team environment. We understand it can be a challenge for some to work in and will continue to provide additional options for employees when they require quiet time.

"Disappointing"

2.0
    Former Employee - Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Litera Microsystems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good team of people with a lot of drive and work experience

Cons

Management is seated with everyone else. The office is very loud and difficult to work in. One of those companies that is always growing, but at the expense of current employees who get swept up in layoffs when the aquisitions have employees that can do your job.

September 16, 2019Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate all the comments people provide as it helps us continue to improve and make Litera a better place to work. After our last acquisition, we spent two months conducting a global integration assessment, and through that analysis, identified specific overlap and duplication of roles between Litera and Workshare. To ensure we are set up for future success; can best service our customers; and provide a great place for our employees, we, unfortunately, needed to reduce these overlaps. We strive to treat our employees with the utmost respect and try our best to take care of people on the way in, throughout their tenure and on the way out, and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

"Liars"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Litera Microsystems full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are some great people there who want you to succeed.

Cons

This company does not care about its employees at all. Everyone is easy for them to throw away and management does not care about its people. The C-levels are so focused on getting their slice of the pie, that they will do whatever they can to get there. When we were bought by a new PE firm. it was promised that nothing was going to change and that was a lie. Sales are down in the company, and people are being massively laid off. These people do not know what they are doing; trust me avoid this company at all costs.

September 29, 2019Chief Marketing Officer

The views of everyone who has worked at Litera are important to us, so we take comments like this very seriously. Unfortunately, as companies grow it's inevitable that there will be changes in the organisation which mean that some people leave, and it's true that a number of recent acquisitions have meant we've seen the need to make some redundancies. That being said, it is absolutely not the case that employees aren't important to us. They're our greatest asset, and providing them with the support to help them grow their careers is fundamental to our success. We do know that the large majority feel this way, because they tell us so, but the fact you didn't shows that we can do better.

"Wonderful culture, great challenge and strong focus on personal development"

I have been working at Litera Microsystems for more than 3 years

Pros

- invest heavily on employee development - fun culture - diverge range of experience

Cons

- some managers should be better trained

May 28, 2019Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. Here at Litera Microsystems, we focus on what matters, and that is our people! It's great to hear that you feel the investment we make on our culture and employee development every single day. We do our very best to select the right people to manage our teams and work with them to ensure they are constantly developing their management skills. Managing a team can be a difficult task, but managing at Litera Microsystems is a level above that. This is why we implemented our Management Development Program. As you have seen in the 3+ years as an employee, we are growing rapidly and our teams are ever-changing. This is exciting, but can be difficult on management. I hope you have used one of our many internal channels to submit specific feedback on how your manager can better support you. We will take this feedback to further develop our managers and keep moving forward!

"Growing and Profitable"

4.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Litera Microsystems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good People. Nice location for Chicago.

Cons

Owned by investment group, so maximizing their investment drives priorities. Not a big problem, but you have to understand that.

May 21, 2019Vice President, People

Thanks for taking the time to provide some feedback. I agree that we have the best people on our team across the globe and we do everything we can to treat them like gold. Being owned by a PE firm provides us with the fuel and opportunity to accomplish all of our big dreams, but you are right, that also comes with high standards in a fast paced environment. Thanks again and all the best to you!

"Best I’ve Experienced."

I have been working at Litera Microsystems

Pros

The culture here is extremely inclusive. There is diversity in gender, age, culture, and personalities. Management really invests in fostering an energetic and collaborative atmosphere. Management and HR both constantly ask for constructive feedback and then actually take the time to implement changes to address any concerns. Furthermore, middle managers are fantastic, which is a rarity for a company this size; the management training must be fantastic. Employees of all levels are encouraged to step into as much responsibility as they are comfortable with, and employee recognition is phenomenal. I could go on for days about all the positives, but I’ll end with this: if you’re a dynamic and competitive team-player, you will feel empowered and supported here both professionally and socially.

Cons

This is a company focused on fast revenue growth. This means high targets and high expectations. It also means having to be adaptable and driven. While these are positives to me, this environment might not suit some people.

March 12, 2019CEO

Dear Current Employee- Thanks for taking the time to give your feedback. I agree with you that one of our number one goals is continue to bring in the right people to join our amazing culture. While we have a fast pace, evolving environment - we do want to build something that is around for a long time and that comes with having a strong team working in the same direction. If you ever find your self being able to motivate and bring someone up to the next level - I challenge you to do so. We can only get better together. Thanks and if you ever want to share any specific insights with me, please reach out via Teams. Always happy to discuss our culture. Avaneesh CEO

"Hard work pays off at Litera Microsystems!"

I have been working at Litera Microsystems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Expectations are clear no matter what your role is. Management truly cares about the employees from a professional and personal standpoint. They are always willing to take suggestions from employees to improve the organization and even offer learning opportunities that go beyond your role. (healthy living, managing personal finances, volunteering, etc.) I love coming to work everyday and being surrounded by people I can learn so much from and have fun with!

Cons

The bar is set high, but I don't see this as a true con if you have the right work ethic and attitude. Hard work and accomplishments are celebrated and rewarded. Management purposely sets goals to challenge employees and consistently push the needle to improve individually and as an organization. This could be a con for anyone who isn't used to this environment or isn't comfortable with autonomy.

February 25, 2019Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and thrilled to hear our culture is a motivating factor for you. We strive to push our employees to be their best selves both personally and professionally, knowing it will help each individually grow as they help to also grow the business. Please keep providing your feedback and suggestions through our various internal channels to ensure Litera Microsystems continues to be a great place to work for all!

"Great place to grow your career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Litera Microsystems full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great perks (outside of traditional medical benefits) -Traditional and Roth 401k options with a 4% employer match -Fast paced, growing company with loads of opportunities to grow your career -Strong Management team (both middle management & execs) -Company is filled with smart and hard working employees -Transparent communication throughout the org and I feel comfortable asking if I'm not receiving answers to specific questions

Cons

-Heavy workload in order to keep up with the rapid growth (this is a pro in my eyes as I'd be bored if it weren't the case, but not for everyone) -The company sets high expectations for employees (though, they do a great job at recognizing and celebrating hard work and accomplishments)

February 28, 2019Recruiter

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on working with us throughout the years. It is great to see that you are leaning on management and feel comfortable asking questions when needed. We have seen tremendous success and growth in the last few years so it is important to have a bar set high in order to continue pushing the needle forward. As you mentioned we love to celebrate our team for reaching those goals and rewarding our employees for their hard work. This is done through food, drinks, promotions, merit increases, and opportunities to expand your career further through experience. Keep up the great work and continue to provide us feedback with the things you appreciate and the areas we can improve.

Found 42 reviews