M*Modal Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Scott MacKenzie

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Extremely low pay, insult to transcriptions intelligence (in 19 reviews)

• Cannot produce enough to make over minimum wage unless you are one of the lucky few with a cherry accounts (in 18 reviews)

1. "Good Place to Work"

I have been working at M*Modal full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

MModal is a global leader in clinical documentation with multiple solutions for the healthcare industry.

A good place to learn various technologies.

Cons

No Work from home option.

2. "Gain experience in a variety of different medical specialties as a virtual scribe"

Current Employee - Medical Scribe in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Medical Scribe in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at M*Modal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Able to gain experience in many different medical specialties, flexible schedules, training is very extensive, work from home option saves money on gas, vehicle repair, clothes, etc.

Cons

Internet service is not reimbursed, workload can be heavy at times, few breaks

Advice to Management

They need to work on organization and better communication.

"Not a good career choice"

I have been working at M*Modal full-time

Pros

You can work from home

Cons

Work has all been sent off-shore, salaries are about minimum wage. Out of work frequently.

Advice to Management

Bring jobs back to the USA

"Great Training but Very Low Pay & Incentives"

Former Employee - Health Documentation Specialist in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Health Documentation Specialist in Franklin, TN

I worked at M*Modal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

M.Modal provides excellent training for entry-level transcriptionists, and their Fluency platform is wonderful to work with. QA and training staff are great. It's great to work from home, and they pay on time.

Cons

I worked here for 7 months and was simply laid off one day out of the blue. I was told they had low work volumes and simply had to lay off some workers.

I worked very hard to meet the company's stringent demands of maintaining above 99.6 percent accuracy, 165 or more lines per hour, and keeping my QAs to a minimum. It took me a while, but when I finally met those requirements, there was no acknowledgment of my accomplishment. Instead, I was laid off.

Monetary incentive is very low. Basically minimum wage pay (actually, lower!) with hardly any raises. I took a tough medical transcription course to do this work. It's challenging and important work, and the transcriptionists deserve much more than minimum wage and shabby supervision.

Advice to Management

Be a model to your employees in all of your correspondences. Provide greater incentives for superb work.

5. "Medical Transcriptionist"

I worked at M*Modal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Paycheck (what little it was) was always on time.

Cons

Routinely did not have work to start my shift or ran out of work during my shift. Management was always trying to make people change shifts. Over 90% of work was editing, and the software they used was atrocious. I ended up being fired for "wasting time and being detrimental to patient care." During the last conversation I had with my supervisor I learned that whenever I was working on a report and there were no more in my queue (because they could not keep steady work) that time was being counted against me and made me look like I was being dishonest about my hours. Never mind that I was a production employee and not paid an hourly wage.

Very dishonest company. Run...don't walk...away at your earliest convenience.

6. "Medical Documentation Specialist"

Former Employee - Medical Documentation Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Medical Documentation Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at M*Modal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pretty easy to reach someone when you have questions or concerns

Cons

Terrible pay, but like all of the transcription industry now. Time on and off keyboard is monitored strictly regardless of how much work is done.

Advice to Management

I'm sure it is the same as they have heard many times before...increase pay.

7. "MModal Review"

Pros

All positions allow you to work from home.

Cons

Management is very unorganized and often unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Please get organized

"Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Outpatient Coder
    Former Employee - Outpatient Coder

I worked at M*Modal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Direct hire remote opportunities with steady, dependable work. Pay is competitive for the market and will supply your computer. Everyone is very friendly and they have a great training program when bringing you on, not just a sink or swim model. They have all kinds of in house resources, internal coding educators so you are not without colleagues and assistance. Felt everyone on the team was very knowledgeable about coding. Flexible hours, must pick a set schedule and let them know when you need to deviate.

Cons

Have their own software system you track productivity. So you log in their "log" to track your productivity. Also have to punch in and out of certain departments when working, education, meetings, etc. which can be confusing at first.

9. "Horrendous working conditions"

Former Employee - MT-3
    Former Employee - MT-3

I worked at M*Modal full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They always pay on time.

Cons

This is the most uncaring company I have ever worked at. There is not consistent work and you are basically expected to jump through hoops, including sitting at your computer all day waiting to get 8 hours in. The quality standards are outrageous and every single QA person and auditor has different standards so there is no consistency in what they expect out of you. You don't get paid to read lengthy client profiles, email, or to fight your improper failing audits. To me, it was like being in an abusive relationship, they beat you down so much, you actually begin to question your abilities and are afraid to leave. This doesn't even touch on how HORRIBLE the voice recognition system is and how badly the doctors dictate. The hospitals and doctors are not held accountable at all for their end poor standards. Run from this company, run fast. Oh yes, I forgot, they don't fire you, they just keep you without work until you finally get fed up and quit so that they don't have to pay unemployment,

Advice to Management

Treat your employees well and they in turn will do their best work. The way you treat them, well most just go through the motion and people's lives are at risk.

"Healthcare Document Specialist"

Former Employee - Healthcare Document Specialist in Lynchburg, VA
    Former Employee - Healthcare Document Specialist in Lynchburg, VA

I worked at M*Modal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't think of any.

Cons

Extremely low pay, insult to transcriptions intelligence.

Advice to Management

Pay your workers a decent wage above poverty level.