MCPc Reviews | Glassdoor

Michael Trebilcock

1. "Sr. Project Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at MCPc full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

GreThe employees working at MCPc

Cons

Great company, I cant think of any Cons

"Beware working here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Detroit, MI

I have been working at MCPc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Field employees are great to work with, and great with communication- however they have little to do with you lack of career path

Cons

They lie lie lie!! Will tell you one thing making you think everything is great all while plotting to fire you!! If you take employment and they tell you ANYTHING get it in writing!!! If you don't have it in writing no matter the situation you will be fired and blind sided!!!

Advice to Management

None

"Keep on moving.. Not worth the time. Trust me."

Former Employee - Desktop Technician in Westfield Center, OH
    Former Employee - Desktop Technician in Westfield Center, OH

I worked at MCPc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

15 Vacation days your first year--however, if you use ANY of them and leave within the first year, you pay them back.

Cons

Micromanagement is serious(ly annoying).
    Management doesn't care for their people.
    HR isn't aware of what is happening "in the field".
    The place they get contract(s) with are pretentious and the "REAL" employees make sure you are treated differently AND NOT a full-time employee. ...real nice.

Advice to Management

Keep your word and trust your employees. Be understanding; life happens. Don't be rude & don't suck up to the customer because of money, it builds terrible employees.

"Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at MCPc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are good people. Owner and executive management care about the employees and their families. Many activities are organized for employees that are free to attend. Management is good, employees allowed to do their job without micromanagement. Pay is fair. Computer equipment is provided and up to date with technology. Benefits are good and competitive.

Cons

Management could do more to weed out the employees who are not productive. Would like to hear more about what the company is doing to stay in business and make the employees feel better about stable employment.

Advice to Management

Do more to train employees so they can perform their job better. Talk with employees who are not productive or continue to perform poorly and write them up. Give them a chance to improve or replace them.

"No future"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at MCPc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some coworkers were very nice,

Cons

The turnover rate at this company was astronimocal, a constant revolving door. If you like being micromanaged, with passive aggressive management, this company will serve your needs.

Earned time off does not go with you when you quit, but chances are you will be fired before you have a chance to quite, which explains why you lose your earned time off when terminated.

Advice to Management

Reevaluate the people you place in management positions. Obviously there is a enormous problem, otherwise your turnover rate wouldn't be running so high.

"Great People Work Here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at MCPc full-time

Pros

The executive team is funny and personable. The low-level workers (analysts, specialists, senior/junior account managers, warehouse team) are great to know as well. The CEO (Mike T.) has a heart of gold and buoys the whole place. He's a guy that'll greet you, remember your name and ask how your sister is doing.

They'll pay you what your work is worth and will work with you to pay you more as long as you accept a higher workload.

Cons

For being "architects of the anyplace workspace", they frown deeply upon remote working.

The office is getting older, tough to retain young talent.

Advice to Management

Work to retain younger talent, that'll keep new ideas flowing in the door and foster a holistic team from backgrounds of all types.

8. "Summer IT intern"

Pros

no travel outside of specified project, 5 percent pay increase each summer I worked, management was good and issues were resolved quickly

Cons

I was out on a project so I was never in the office other than for orientation; never even saw new offices

"great place"

Former Employee - Virtualization Engineer
    Former Employee - Virtualization Engineer

I worked at MCPc (Less than a year)

Pros

cheap and good benefits, work life balance, great pay

Cons

travel, nothing else really though

10. "Main office is mostly organized, branches are a total mess"

I worked at MCPc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Compensation was pretty good for my area, benefits are middle of the road, 401k has an occasional match, depends on the year, but I had matches every year that I worked there.

My supervisors in the corporate office were good people and fairly competent.

Cons

Management needs work, a lot of work. Direction changed at least every 6 months from the time I started to the time I left.

Communication is awful, benefits keep getting worse every year, heavy push for the high deductible plans. I felt like there were 10 different life insurance, accident insurance, accidental insurance offers every year during enrollment.

Branch office are a total mess, management is dug in back east and doesn't seem to care about what branch managers are doing until the branches nearly close down. Branch I worked at had no clear management and a single sales person who doesn't sell anything anymore. Yet the sales person still works there.

Bottom line is the total concern, they cut staff instead of hiring sales people to sell product and services.

Corporate has good career paths for movement. Branch offices have no upward or lateral opportunities.

Overtime is pretty much mandatory without using that particular word, and there's no concern for employee work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Listen to employee complaints, be bold enough to remove incompetent managers. If local managers won't hire sales people, then hire sales for them. I heard of 2 branches in dire straights because of terrible local management.

11. "MCPc, Inc."

Pros

The people all really enjoy each other's company.

Cons

Management seemed to want to be good at everything as a TPA.