65% would recommend to a friend
(2168 total reviews)
83% approve of CEO
What people are saying about MUFG
7 months ago
Hi, I am a corporate banking professional with 3.5 years of experience with JPMorgan Chase. I am currently looking for a switch to London and am looking at open positions at Citi, MUFG, Santander, Natwest group and CIBC currently. Would anyone working at these firms in corporate banking be up for a conversation and provide me with a referral? Thanks in advance!
a year ago
Hi, I am a recent graduate I am aiming to break into Operational Risk as an analyst. Would love advice, industry info, and (if you think I am a good candidate) referrals. I have experience with SQL, Excel, Tableau, and my major and college career focused on analyzing data. Goldman Sachs JPMorgan Chase Bank of America Santander Bank MUFG Citi Capital One thanks!
Got a burning question about MUFG? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with MUFG employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Poor management and too old IT tools (25 years late)" (in 100 reviews)
- "Low salary and hard to get promoted" (in 70 reviews)
- "Leadership have no clue what they are doing." (in 37 reviews)
- "These managers are more concerned with keeping their jobs than doing what is right." (in 35 reviews)
- "senior management is slow to react" (in 25 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of MUFG and is not affected by filters.
Found 2,168 of over 3K reviews
Updated Nov 27, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Oct 13, 2023AML Compliance AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearDallas, TX
The work environment is a great environment, great career development opportunities as well.
The Compensation is good, but below the major US competitors'.
- 4.0Nov 2, 2023AVP, Technology Project ManagementCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
This company does a great job of giving employees access to professional development opportunities. We also have a lot of autonomy when it comes to completing our work. The benefits are good and the pay is decent. There are a lot of hard-working, talented people working here.
Some teams work in silos. It is process heavy and slow to change. There are A lot of manual processes that need to be automated. There is a push for back into the office with little to no opportunity for hybrid or remote work.
- 3.0Nov 27, 2023Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearCharlotte, NC
Good people to work with, easy to communicate
High management does not communicate well
- 3.0Oct 8, 2023Vice PresidentCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsNew York, NY
-Team management is very good. - Mostly good people if you fit the culture. -benefits are in line to better with other banks. -Hybrid schedule. - management does care about your well being. -new corporate strategy is well thought out. If you're on a growth team you'll kill it. If not, feel irrelevant.
- pay is below industry. Management does not believe in compensation increases. Promotion increases are quiet low. No compensation increases for loyal employees since before covid/inflation so purchasing power is down. -over engineered approval process with no approvers held accountable for anything. Everything gets pushed back to the front office. -low quality IT. Actually, it's painful. - very long hours for corporate banking. Almost in line with IB. You'll work every long weekend and 70-90 hours a week, some more.
- 5.0Nov 12, 2023Compliance OfficerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearIrving, TX
*Very good work-life balance *Competitive salary (discounting the sticky wage effect) *Great senior management and detailed guidance for growth *Good benefits
*Lack of diversity *Senior managers are located in New York. Lack of supervision in the Irving office *Limited upward mobility within the organization
- 4.0Nov 9, 2023IT DirectorFormer EmployeeAustin, TX
Great stable conservative organization Industry comparable pay package
Highly process oriented, heavy documentation, longer duration for projects
- 1.0Oct 11, 2023Project ManagerFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsLos Angeles, CA
Most of the people were great. My work there was appreciated, my expertise was valued. Employees knew we could ask each other and that we would help
On the last day of employment, after 10 minutes of compliments and "we are going to miss you," my manager laid out 15 minutes of vague and unfounded complaints that they had not shared during the past 6 months. It totally soured my feelings for them as a manager and I no longer recommend working there.
- 4.0Oct 23, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 years
* The bank has excellent benefits including a pension. * It is a diverse workplace.
* Technology development moves slowly. * Many layers of management.
MUFG Reviews FAQs
MUFG has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 2,579 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at MUFG to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.
65% of MUFG employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated MUFG 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.