MarketSphere Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Director"

Former Employee - Client Director in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Client Director in Kansas City, MO

I worked at MarketSphere full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company culture is great, leadership cares about employee growth and job satisfaction, and client work is challenging.

Cons

Difficult to get into and lead a sales cycle, as senior leadership corners the market.

2. "A great place to work if the partners like you, if not watch yourself."

Former Employee - Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at MarketSphere full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work with high level consultants, ability to learn if desired, usually good clients, Their work is very good.

Cons

If one partner does not like you, you are gone. I would estimate 9 out of 10 people who leave, leave with a very bitter taste in their mouth about the company. They (the senior partners) truly think they are better than everyone else. Only place of employment in my past that I do not talk to anyone there now, accept of course the people that leave. Most seem to have similar feelings.

Advice to Management

Get off your pedestal and learn how to treat people fairly. They taught me some really good life lessons. I thought so highly of them, but in reality they are ruthless and do not care about their employees. It says a lot when a founding member, quits to go work for someone else because of they the company treats their people.

3. "Excellent place to develop practice leadership skills and work with great clients"

Former Employee - Consulting Director in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Consulting Director in Dallas, TX

I worked at MarketSphere full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Congenial atmosphere
    Solid team members with skills
    Competitive salary with bonus
    Interesting clients (e.g. Walmart, Target, Sony)
    Partner development program

Cons

On the road every week (typical of consulting)
    Partners would not invest adequately in marketing the firm or practice
    No vision for growth

Advice to Management

Do a better job of balancing short-term profit-taking with long-term growth opportunities.

4. "Awesome Company"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL

I worked at MarketSphere part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, friendly atmosphere, everyone helps each other

Cons

I didn't qualify for benefits because I was part-time but their benefits are good.

5. "I would recommend to a friend without hesitation"

Current Employee - Operations in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Operations in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at MarketSphere full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can only comment on 1 of the 3 practices, with that being said, the group I work for (BI) made some necessary changes to upper level management, as well as operationally, that have had a tremendously positive impact on my day to day production.

Management always has an open door and appears that they truly care about your thoughts/concerns.

Fair compensation and bonus structure

If you can identify the best leaders to follow, learn from, and be mentored by, you will prosper.

Cons

Depending on what group you work in, management can be a bit indecisive.
    Benefits are pretty rough (cost and coverage)

Advice to Management

I would say you are on the right path. Continue with your annual reviews and investment in your people and success will CONTINUE to follow.

6. "Great company. Glad to be here."

Current Employee - Senior Solution Architect in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Solution Architect in Chicago, IL

Pros

It's a people place. They care about employees, and about community. Great opportunities to do many different things

Cons

Dealing with benefits is more difficult than at other employers. It's not very diverse.

Advice to Management

Diversify. Make benefits easier to administer.

7. "Great, if you draw the right manager. Good is a possibility, but they have some decisions to make."

Current Employee - Director in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Director in Omaha, NE

Pros

Office politics are minimal; they allow you to do the work you want to do. They are committed to their community.

Cons

Compensation typically lower; expect employees to bear the brunt of management indecision. When the times are tight, management doesn't really want to do what they're asking the employees to do.

Advice to Management

Communicate more proactively. Reward your performers. Understand being profitable on an annual basis is only satisfying a relatively arbitrary time block. By cutting off investment in your people to maintain profitability, the likely result is the departure of those people who've a) gotten the company where it is (was), and b) the people who are currently the mentors of those who will remain.

8. "Neutral"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Kansas City, MO

Pros

- People
    - Team members
    - Strong Career Opportunities
    - Middle Management Team
    - Local office structure
    - Community focus

Cons

- Travel requirements
    - Compensation relative to competitors
    - Benefits
    - Communication from senior leadership
    - Competitiveness amongst different solutions/teams

Advice to Management

- Provide more communication from leadership
    - Keep the culture of community, fun, and growth
    - Support the market based model

"They don't provide strategic advisory and technology experts who care about you or your business."

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

I can see this operation being a place for inexperienced professionals seeking to grow rapidly. There are plenty of chances to take on more work loads and get you quota in for the over 70 hours that are nearly required to do the job. If you are up for it, this might be the perfect place for you.

Cons

Management does not recognize how to grow nor how to focus on customers. Management has serious issues with growing and developing talent while putting talent in serious areas of compromise. If you have a life, you may not have one after joining this group. And contrary to their sales messaging, you need to consider which side you want to choose to support. Too many internal struggles for this small firm to give people a chance to get to know each other and too many problems with leadership egos, personal problems and the issues associated to their leaders not being able to make decisions about healthy growth. As far as compensation, forget it! You will be paid on average, much much lower than the going rate. There are people in this firm that have serious issues with personal security and needing to be in the lime light on a regular basis. While I am not saying these people are problems in themselves, I am however stating that these people create more issues for the firm. You will work hard and be asked to do things that may be some what unethical.

Advice to Management

Learn to develop people, be honest to clients and get with the program. There are several other places with wonderful programs looking to snap up the talent you treat poorly.

10. "MarketSphere"

I have been working at MarketSphere full-time

Pros

Entrepreneurial atmosphere; high expectations for success; great group of smart people to work with; strong support from Executive leadership.

Cons

I don't have any downsides to report