KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

MasterControl Reviews

Updated Sep 23, 2022

Found 146 of over 155 reviews

4.1
MasterControl CEO Jon Beckstrand (no image)
Jon Beckstrand

Technical Account Manager

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Very talented workforce full of great people.(in 23 reviews)
  • "HR really wants to have a good culture and sometimes maybe come off as trying too hard to fix something that isn't broken.(in 19 reviews)
  • "Keep a good work/life balance(in 11 reviews)
  • "Great company culture(in 10 reviews)
  • "Good Benefits, Co(in 8 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of MasterControl and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years
    Featured Review

Great place to work

Jul 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

So many! Collaborative teams, solution oriented, an active company culture that really tries to get everyone involved, good benefits package.

Cons

Due to the company size there are many layers of management. It can take a long time to get approvals for things.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Incredible Company

Sep 16, 2022 - Front Desk Receptionist in Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing coworkers, creative and supportive company culture, swag for days, lots of engagement with quarterly meetings, the coolest snack program I’ve ever seen… I can’t brag enough about this company.

Cons

Not a lot of remote positions available.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

The Good + The Bad

Sep 11, 2022 - Anonymous-Former Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

MANAGEMENT: Some managers are genuinely invested in the wellbeing of their team(s). If you land with one of these managers, lots of opportunities open up. CULTURE: If you love a fast-paced culture with high expectations, fitness clubs, team get togethers, and lots of schwag, this is the place for you. PAY + BENEFITS: Merit increases happen on a regular basis. They have an on-site doctor and massage therapist. Free soda and snacks are available throughout the building.

Cons

COVID: Covid vaccinations are optional. There were cases of Covid in the building, and HR didn’t always notify everyone. MANAGEMENT: - Some people who “manage up” instead of managing their teams receive generous promotions. - Not all managers are given autonomy, so they aren’t comfortable making decisions on their own. The result is a LOT people attending a LOT of meetings…and getting very little done. - More than once, I had a manager shout me down or I watched them shout someone else down. This lowers morale, and it’s completely unprofessional. CULTURE: - You’re expected to be chipper, positive, and to have your foot on the gas pedal 110% of the time. - Good people leave too often. Retention doesn’t appear to be a priority. - Hard work isn’t rewarded nearly as much as knowing the right person. PAY + BENEFITS: - Pay doesn’t increase as fast as the cost of living. Even with a pay bump, you may not be able to afford as much as you could five years ago. - They offer a “benefits allowance,” which is money that’s added to your paycheck to cover a high deductible health insurance plan. If you’re already on a spouse’s insurance plan, you get to put the “benefits allowance” into your retirement. It’s great for people who are married, but this approach penalizes single people.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company, Great Culture

Sep 16, 2022 - Sr. Manager, Professional Services in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership, excellent company culture. Cares for their employees.

Cons

Rapidly growing with some growing pains. Often hires outside rather than from within.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Working at MasterControl

Sep 23, 2022 - Enterprise Support Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere with supportive management.

Cons

The support role is extremely demanding. Not a lot of time to enjoy some of the benefits offered.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Lionhearted

Jul 19, 2022 - Software Engineer - II (SEII) in Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some really good people work here. They’re doing great work.

Cons

I signed up for the ping pong team several times but not once did I see my name on the tournament cards…sure I could have spoken up back then to get my name on the ping pong list but I didn’t really want to know where I really stacked up in the ping pong tournament.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company and Great Product

Aug 8, 2022 - Customer Success Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great product going towards a good cause, awesome culture of people.

Cons

Product can be a bit confusing

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A Great Place to Work

Jul 1, 2022 - Customer Success Manager (CSM) in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, great benefits, work that matters.

Cons

There is not a focus on helping employees learn the ins and outs of the company and the customer's needs. You're just expected to figure that out, very quickly, while handling a full client load.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Read the lower reviews before you apply.

Jun 24, 2022 - Sales & Marketing in Cottonwood, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers, Access to sales and marketing tools (Zoom, Slack), dress code, building

Cons

Pay, benefits (high deductible) Upper management, CEO, HR, return to office, open office format, promotions, lay offs (during covid after being promised they would not happen), only BYU grads and Mormons get promoted.

8 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Jun 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company works hard to throw many events, catered lunches, snacks, fitness programs, and more. Their hard work in doing so really shows, and makes it much more enjoyable to come to work each day.

Cons

The product is not super exciting

Viewing 1 - 10 of 146 Reviews

MasterControl Reviews FAQs

MasterControl has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 155 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at MasterControl to a friend and 75% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, MasterControl employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at MasterControl. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

82% of MasterControl employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated MasterControl 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at MasterControl to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be compensation, management.

Popular Careers with MasterControl Job Seekers